Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Ask a Moderator: The Sequel

little_kitty
    AstroFire, I tried searching that thread and I didn't find anything. I believe that thread was on the old forums and it likely was deleted during the switch over.

--Little Kitty

Periwinkle

Smile

Whenever I try to post in the 'Announcements' forum, it says I'm not authorized to do so. For example, in the Meet the New Mods thread, people were able to post but I wasn't allowed. Does it have something to do with my group subscriptions? Thanks!

Edit: It works, thanks Beth!

Marauder by Midnight
    Try again Periwinkle. If it still doesn't work, PM an admin.

AurorGirl101

used to be

There used to be an Americanisms vs. Britishisms kinda thing. Like British words to use, instead of American ones. I dont know if its still around, or if it was one of those things that wasnt brought back. Could someone tell me where I could find that thread? Or possibly even something on Lexicon? Thanks very much in adavnce!!!

Marauder by Midnight
    Well, there's a Being British thread which you might be able to use as well:

http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/foru...ead.php?t=1070

Sorry if that's not what you were looking for.

lady-rhian
    I'm fairly certain this is the correct venue for my question. Chapter three of my current work has been "being validated" for a week+. I know that the mods are extremely busy with incoming work, but it seems to be taking an abnormally long amount of time. Is everyone behind, or is this just (hopefully) a one-time thing?

Thanks!
    -LR

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by lady-rhian
    I'm fairly certain this is the correct venue for my question. Chapter three of my current work has been "being validated" for a week+. I know that the mods are extremely busy with incoming work, but it seems to be taking an abnormally long amount of time. Is everyone behind, or is this just (hopefully) a one-time thing?

Thanks!
    -LR
    We're working on it. Major sweeping has just been done.

P.S. Your story actually hasn't been there for even a week yet.

lady-rhian
    Thanks so much. I could have sworn it was a week ago. Ahh well. Thanks for the prompt reply.

sirius_rocks

Question

I was wondering...

I have posted a request to a beta to beta my story, but whenever I post it in this area (the beta guild) I don't see it first, so I do it again. Then, about two days later, it comes up that I have double-posted with exactly the same information.

If someone is monitoring this thread, wouldn't it be easier if they check them before they allow the post to go through?

And why does this happen?

Cheers

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

The Beta Guild is a moderated forum, which is why you don't see the posts immediately.

If there is a double post, you shouldn't get penalised in any way for it in that forum. But now you know, you won't submit twice, so it won't be a problem in future.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope