Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: The Sequel

Lily_greeneyes
    Sorry for the double posting, but I couldn't see an edit button near the 'quote' button...Anyway, just after I posted earlier, I realised that my banner came up. However in other parts of the forum (for example, the Reference desk), whenever I post, it doesn't appear. It only appears whenever I PM anyone or post on this thread...

So yeah, does anyone know why this happens?

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    I have recieved four emails saying that one of my favorite stories has been updated, and they're all for the same story. Also, the chapter hasn't been validated yet, so when I click on the link, well, it tells me it hasn't been validated. What's going on? Why am I getting so many identical emails for a chapter that isn't posted yet? Please help!

Wand_Waver2006
    Yep, I'm back. I'd like to reply to one of the discussion threads in Hermoine's Corner, the June Discussion specifically, but I can't. It says it's locked. Any particular reason why?

~Wand_Waver2006

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily_greeneyes
    Sorry for the double posting, but I couldn't see an edit button near the 'quote' button...Anyway, just after I posted earlier, I realised that my banner came up. However in other parts of the forum (for example, the Reference desk), whenever I post, it doesn't appear. It only appears whenever I PM anyone or post on this thread...

So yeah, does anyone know why this happens?
    Some forum leaders choose not to allow images in signatures, such as banners, to show in their forums.

ChrissyOfGryffindor - Just because a story has updated doesn't mean the chapter has been validated.

Wand_Waver2006 - Hermione's Corner is for archived threads. No posts are allowed there.

mugglegurl
    I read somewhere in a post about probation, and I was wondering what exactly that was. I'm not on it (at least I don't think I am...), I'm just curious as to what it is and how you'd be put on it.

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    Sorry, I don't seem to have an "edit" button either. Anyway, never mind my last post, the story just got validated. And it wasn't so much the fact that I was getting emails that bothered me, it was that I was getting so many. But it's okay now.

GringottsVault711
    mugglegurl -- could you please be a little bit more specific as to the context of the post or perhaps provide a link?

Wand_Waver2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Marauder by Midnight
    Some forum leaders choose not to allow images in signatures, such as banners, to show in their forums.

ChrissyOfGryffindor - Just because a story has updated doesn't mean the chapter has been validated.

Wand_Waver2006 - Hermione's Corner is for archived threads. No posts are allowed there.
    Then where're the Discussions held?

And it says SPEW is locked, also. Why?

Sorry if I'm being bothersome...

little_kitty
    Wand_Waver2006 - The discussions that are archived in Hermione's Corner take place in Madam Pomfrey's Character Clinic (the character discussions) or the Reference Desk (the FFIF).

SPEW is locked because only SPEW members can post there. You need to be in the SPEW usergroup in order to post in that forum.

--Little Kitty

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    If we wanted to get feedback on a summary for an upcoming story, where would we post that? In the Skele-Gro forum or Excerpts of Murtlap forum? Or neither because it's not allowed? Thanks!
    ~Gina