Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: The Sequel

MrTibbles
    Erm - this is kind of weird, but I was looking at my member profile, and my date of birth is wrong.

I guess I typed in the wrong year when I re-registered in May. *headdesk* I was born in 89, not 88. Is there any way to change this? I know it's silly, but it is bothering me.

MrTibbles

P.S. I can't believe it's taken me this long to notice

EDIT: Thanks, Jan!

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

I've changed it for you, MrTibbles.

Blehwordcountbleh
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

Fly to Dawn
    Are we allowed to put a story into multiple series?

Thank you in advance!

sirius_rocks
    This is a question for QueenHal

Is there a tutoring program for people outside the BA, and if not, why? Sorry if I seem rude

Thanks in advance!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Hi,
    I have another series question (sorry!!) I created a series and placed two of my stories in it; I plan on adding a third shortly. Since two out of three stories are general fics, I clicked on the general fic category. However, I was not able to fill in any information on characters or genre, and I am assuming that's because I picked general fic. Are we allowed to click on a second category then? The third story is a Harry/Ginny story so I thought about adding romance to the category selection. I know we can't do that for regular stories, but I wasn't sure about a series. It's not terribly important as I tried to put all the information necessary into my summary. I am just curious! As ever - thank you!!
    ~Gina

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

I clicked on a PM by an invalid user, and now I have hundreds of thousands of PMs again. I find this strange... Does anyone know what's happening?

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

elanorweasley

Doubts

Okay, guys!
    I hope it's the right place to ask this...
    You can change a summary of your story once it was posted on MNFF?
    see, I read the summary of one of my stories and I thought that it is not very nice, and I would like to changed it when I post the next chapter.
    Can I do it?
    txs a lot!
    Elanor

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

Two VERY unrelated questions:

Can you put links of pictures that aren't banners or HP related at all in your sig?

And I'm writing a humor story. Is it ok if I mention names of books and music? It's not a crossover. I mean, I just mention them in passing. And I'm aware that the HP books aren't set in current time.

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

lainie xox

Where would I post this?

If I wanted to have discussion of how to write different types of contracts (within a fan fiction, though I don't see it being very common), where would I post it?

AlexisTaylor
    Yes. You can change your summary whenever you'd like. Just remember that when you edit a fic in queue, it sends it to the bottom.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you need to stick to HP or fan fiction banners. After all, that's what we're here for.

I think a discussion of in-fic contracts would belong in General Discussion.