Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: The Sequel

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

The excessive notifications seems to happen when a chapter gets stuck in queue. It's a slight glitch that's easily fixed by one of the Admins, but as moderators, we do try a couple of times to validate. Each time we try, it seems that it sends out a notifiaction email, even if the chapter is not validated.

I'm not sure this is the case for all multiple notifications, but I do know it has happened in the past.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

Beauty_In_The_Breakdown
    I was trying to post in the special care unit in the Reference Desk, and when I tried to post a reply, I got a notice saying that I was not authorized to post... I checked to see if my account was fully autorized and it was, but I still can't post.

deanine
    Beuaty_In_the_Breakdown: You have to be a member of the Healer user group to post there. If you requested to join, your request will have to be moderated. Only after you are a member will your permissions change.

cmwinters

Calendar?

Is there any way to enable the calendar to be modifiable by the end-users, but perhaps set an option that any changes they make to the calendar are only visible to them?

For example - allow me to modify the calendar, then I can add a note that says "Herbology assignment due", but i'm the only one that can see it.

Thanks.

lotte26

My Story

Hey there, i have a story called 'Concealed and Forsaken' and i have submitted the first chapter numerous times, but i have no idea why you keep rejecting it as i never get an email. Im new to all this so i don't really know how to contact the moderator. It's a Draco/Hermione Ron/Hermione fic, and was accepted on Harry Potter Fan Fiction in the exact same format.

Please help i don't know what to do and i desperately want it on Mugglenet, because you guy's are the best fanfic site ever!

thanks heaps,

Charlotte Burkhart

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by cmwinters
    Is there any way to enable the calendar to be modifiable by the end-users, but perhaps set an option that any changes they make to the calendar are only visible to them?

For example - allow me to modify the calendar, then I can add a note that says "Herbology assignment due", but i'm the only one that can see it.

Thanks.
    Not that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by lotte26
    Hey there, i have a story called 'Concealed and Forsaken' and i have submitted the first chapter numerous times, but i have no idea why you keep rejecting it as i never get an email. Im new to all this so i don't really know how to contact the moderator. It's a Draco/Hermione Ron/Hermione fic, and was accepted on Harry Potter Fan Fiction in the exact same format.

Please help i don't know what to do and i desperately want it on Mugglenet, because you guy's are the best fanfic site ever!

thanks heaps,

Charlotte Burkhart
    Which category did you submit to? Hopefully you didn't submit to both categories because that's an automatic rejection. Do not submit your story in more than one category. Submit to Various Pairings and see if you get moderator contact.

lotte26

Thanks

Hey you know what... i think i did! man i must be an idiot, oh well thanks for telling me, i'll try again.

foreverfleur

fan fic validation

i have a question about my account. my story keeps getting deleted from my account. it has been deleted twice. does that mean my story has been rejected. i mean its fine if it was its just frustrating becuase it is unclear. and if it hasn't been deleted then what should i do to fix my account so that my stories stop getting deleted.

thanks for the help.

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

Chances are it has been rejected.

I'd get a good beta to look over it and resubmit.

If you use AOL you may not be getting your emails, or your email provider could be putting the email in your spam folder. Check that first.

Put an autor's note in the story to let us know you are not recieving normal emails and we'll see what we can do.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

AstroFire
    Hi,

I was wondering if someone could tell me where to find a thread that had a long list of alternate words for 'say'.

I've been trying to find it with the search option but the search is either too general or the results aren't what I was expecting.

Thanks in advance!

~AstroFire

Edit: Not necessary anymore I've received some help and it's more than I could have dreamed