Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: The Sequel

Unregistered
    Okay, this may come out kind of rude, so be warned. I'm a bit ticked off at the mods that are doing my stories. All three of them have been rejected, I've had them all betaed two or three times. What I don't understand is how some stories that are so full of errors are posted, but mine aren't. Even though they have no grammical errors.

I'm sorry for being so rude, I'm not normaly like that.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    It might be a question of plot, not just of mechanics. Maybe your chapter is too short. Read the letter that you got sent, and if you're confused ask the mod who sent it to you. I'm sure s/he'll be happy to help you out if you're having trouble. The stories that are posted are generally not full of errors. Some small mistakes can go by, but there aren't any that are just horrible with those errors.

Maybe you might even wanted to get one of our betas from the Beta Guild. They might catch something your other betas didn't.

Thanks to opaleye for the lovely banner!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party

Browser question

Hi,
    I got a new computer last week and have noticed a significant difference in the way MNFF loads as compared to other webpages. Before I start messing with the hardware (DSL, wireless, memory, etc.) I thought I would ask a simple question: are the MNFF pages (stories and forums) more compatible with one browser than another? I am using Safari and am just wondering if I should use Internet Explorer. In fact, I will probably try it but I was wondering if any techies could chime in none-the-less. Thank you!!
    ~Gina

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

MNFF does not like safari at all, and it likes AOL only marginally better. Best bet is Internet Explorer.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Do you know if MNFF gets along with Firefox or Camino? I tried to download IE but Microsoft stopped updating it for Mac. I can probably find an older version but thought I'd give the other two a go first. Thanks again!
    ~Gina

Gonz
    I got this email about something called "The Maraudies." It said it was a competition about stories on Mugglenet Fanfictio,n but it didn't have a Mugglenet email address. I searched the Forums and found no mention of it. So I was wondering if this is legit.

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

Gonz, to my knowledge, that is not an official MNFF challenge or project.

I believe MNFF works okay with Firefox. Not sure about the other one though.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

lady-rhian

Smile

I have a question for you - on the "number of posts" that show up on the forum boards, mine says 11. However, in reading back to all the posts I've written, I definitely have more than 11! Is the discrepancy just a system glitch?

Thanks!
    -LR

MithrilQuill
    Only the posts in the "Hospital Wing" help forums count towards the post count.

Marauder by Midnight
    Actually, it seems like posts in the summer school forums help as well.