Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: The Sequel

Hybrid View

Poultrygeist

Ask a Moderator: The Sequel

Have a question that wasn't covered in the FAQ? Ask it here. Only moderators may answer questions. Answers will be given only once, so please read the thread before asking your question.

Spam in this thread will be deleted. This includes answers given by non-moderators, questions that have already been asked and answered, and off-topic comments and/or conversation. Questions that are addressed in the FAQ will be deleted without an answer if you post them in this thread.

mooncalf
    I just asked this question in the last thread, but I suppose I'd better ask again here.

I was trying to delete I review I had posted for a story because I had a formatting error that was messing up the whole page, but every time I clicked delete a blank page came up. The MNFF header and text at the bottom was still there, but nothing else. Any solutions?

deanine
    Quote Originally Posted by mooncalf
    I just asked this question in the last thread, but I suppose I'd better ask again here.

I was trying to delete I review I had posted for a story because I had a formatting error that was messing up the whole page, but every time I clicked delete a blank page came up. The MNFF header and text at the bottom was still there, but nothing else. Any solutions?
    If you could link the review page I can try to help. Even if the delete is causing trouble, I know the review can be edited.

Thanks!

deanine

mooncalf
    Thanks. It was a mega-review, so I had a copy saved on Word, and I edited that and posted it. I then tried to delete the first one, and it wouldn't work. The link is here. Thank you!

EDIT: And it's gone. -- deanine

Thestral45
    OK, my PM list is going strange on me. It says that I have one PM (that I did read), but when I go to 'delete' it, it says that all my folders are empty. I'm not sure why. And I did attempt to delete it already, but then this came up.

Also, when I attempt deleted it, a page came up telling me to refresh the page because it MNFF was having problems, and asked if I followed a bad link. Just thought I ought to let you know.
    ^ that was my question from the other thread. Just reposted it here.

Thanks!

deanine
    Thestral, your browser has a memory. And even after you delete something it sometimes will show it there. If you refresh deleted messages should go away and new messages if there are any, should appear.

~deanine

Unregistered
    I'm having great difficulties all around the forums, but mainly in my House forum (Gryffindor).

Every time I click on a thread it asks me to log in, and sometimes even then it doesn't show up. (I just keep clicking Refresh and logging in, Refresh and logging in and so on)

This also happens when I attempt to post (I hit add reply and it asks me to log in), and I've lost many posts.

This kind of reminds me of the old MNFF where when you were editing a story or submitting a new story, you'd be logged off, then you'd attempt to submit your edits and you'd lose the story.

Is this an error that maybe is caused by some setting I accidentally changed in my User CP, or are other people having this problem, too? (Is it a forum-wide glitch, I mean)

I know if it's a forum wide error, the technical team will be working on it; but I didn't know if it was just me.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Kumy

GringottsVault711
    There's a problem with the MN server at the moment, and many members are having issues with the forums. It will explain the problems you are experiencing. We hope it will be fixed very soon.

9. 06-16-2006, 03:00 AM

keveed92
    i was just wonderng how long it will take for my story to be accepted or reject. i think somewhere on the faq it says that it varies but will only take several minutes a lot nfo the time but i put in my story yesterday at i think like 7 or 8 and it still hasnt been accepted or rejected yet. and where will this note be saying if it was accepted or rejected.