Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Pettigrew

bertiebott12

Thanks!

Thank you so much Vorona and Amber0_o! Claws are always so helpful!

*Claire*

Phoebe Gruzelieur
    How do you think Peter Pettigrew is treated by Death Eaters?

What do you think he thinks about other Death Eaters?

cmwinters
    I don't think he's treated well at all. Snape and Bellatrix call him "vermin" and have no compunction whatsoever about threatening him and verbally abusing him. Sirius mentions that the Death Eaters in Azkaban were screaming out his (Wormtail's) name in Azkaban, that they felt "the double-crosser double-crossed them". The Dark Lord doesn't seem to think very highly of him and publically insults him and demeans him even after Wormtail aids in the Dark Lord's resurrection, and Snape is effectively treating him like a house elf.

I think he probably resents the other Death Eaters. Most of the Hogwarts faculty said that Pettigrew wasn't on par with James & Sirius, and while James & Sirius were, perhaps, particularly powerful, we also know that Snape is, Bellatrix certainly seems to be and Lucius and Dolohov seem to be as well. So assuming that he's really *not* on par with them (I can't imagine he'd be on par with the Death Eaters any more than he was on par with James & Sirius), I'd imagine he'd resent the Death Eaters a great deal.

padfootsgirl1981

Peter's Patronus?

Hi! Does anybody have any ideas about what Peter's patronus might be? What would he think protects him?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Mistletoe
    Well, think about Peter's character, and what has always protected him: power. Maybe a wolf of some sort. Wolves are stong creatures that have a lot of power in the wilderness, but they can be easily beaten, as Peter has been, by other types of animals, such as bears, and snakes even. The wolf is also hunted in many parts of the world; it is considered a game it kill the animal. This may be a bit cliche though, due to Remus' werewolf form.

A sled dog is the considered "the most powerful working animal". The dog works for a man who ties it to a sleigh and froces it to run through snow, at what price? Victory, which is what Peter has always wanted. Victory and power, even if he is in the shadows.

EDIT: I ws looking back over this and I think that these are too strong for what Peter represents. His Animagus is, after all, a rodent. It could be a bird, maybe an osprey, or a buzzard. They seem to fit him a bit better than a wolf or a dog. Buzzards feed off of death; they search for things that have already been killed and feed off of their left overs. Kind of Peter-like?

cmwinters
    A carrion bird might work, but remember, the Patronus is supposed to represent what makes the person feel *safe*. Harry's Patronus (the stag) was a representation of his father's Animagus form. Dumbledore had Fawkes, a devoted familiar with significant strength and healing. Kingsley's was a large black cat.

WPP mastered being Animagi at fifth year. We know the Patronus isn't taught before then (because Lupin, the other member of that little group, told Harry that it's considered "well beyond the Ordinary Wizarding Level"). So Ithink you're better off assuming they learned to cast their Patronuses *after* becoming Animagi.

Bearing that in mind, I'd stay away from birds of prey, snakes and cats, as they're most likely to eat rats, and I'm not thinking that Peter would find that particularly reassuring.

Although, Jo contradicted herself *again*, and said that among the Death Eaters, ONLY Snape could cast a Patronus, which goes in direct conflict of her earlier statements that the Order use them to communicate. Peter WAS a member of the original Order.

padfootsgirl1981
    I've come up with a boar for Peter's patronus which is symbolic of the warrior spirit, leadership, magic and protection. All things which Peter finds whilst under the wing of the Marauders. The only problem is that Ernie MacMillan's patronus is also a boar, but I should be alright with having Peter's the same shouldn't I?

Thanks to both Mistletoe and cmwinters for your help and suggestions!

cmwinters
    Quote Originally Posted by padfootsgirl1981
    I've come up with a boar for Peter's patronus which is symbolic of the warrior spirit, leadership, magic and protection. All things which Peter finds whilst under the wing of the Marauders. The only problem is that Ernie MacMillan's patronus is also a boar, but I should be alright with having Peter's the same shouldn't I?

Thanks to both Mistletoe and cmwinters for your help and suggestions!
    Hm, that's tough. Pettigrew died before the scene where Ernie cast his, but I suppose you could, theoretically, have Ernie not learn to cast until after Pettigrew's death (in training with Neville in the RoR, I suppose), because the Patronus IS unique to ever individual caster. (So the Phoenix Patronus is automatically going to come from Dumbledore, the silver doe automatically from Snape, the stag automatically from Harry, unless an until one of them dies or has some sort of traumatic even which causes the Patronus to change).

Celtic_Jewel
    Does anyone know whether Peter was a Pureblood or not?

Thanks,
    -Ema

Azhure
    There isn't anything stated in canon about whether he was a pure blood or not. So it's completely up to you. However, I don't think he would be Muggle-born, because, as we know, the Death Eaters are very anti-Muggle.

~~Azhure~~