Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rita Skeeter

witch6

Rita Skeeter

I was wondering if anything about Rita Skeeter's famiy is mentioned in the books or interviews. i mean it'll be okay to say that she is a half blood, right?

pokethedevil
    It is for sure that nothing about her family is mentioned in the books.
    And I havn't heard anything abt them in any interview.
    Yeah, it'll be safe to say so i guess...
    But then what occurs to me is that if she was half-blood,the Death Eaters would not really allow her that sort of freedom she has in Book 7...hm...just a thought, but you can write whatever u think is right.

Forrest
    Quote Originally Posted by pokethedevil
    But then what occurs to me is that if she was half-blood,the Death Eaters would not really allow her that sort of freedom she has in Book 7
    I don't think if she was a half-blood the Death Eaters would give her too much trouble in DH, remember they were more after the mudbloods than anything else. Their stance is that mudbloods had to have stolen their power from a wizard, and if you can prove that you have at least one wizarding parent, then I thought you were off the hook. I don't think her sature in the community would have been anywhere near as good though as a half-blood.

But this brings up a good point though, I can't remember if it has been published in any of the Wizarding newpapers/magazines about Voldy's parentage. Has anybody said anything about this? I've read many fanfics that make this knowledge widely known, but I can't remember right now if it was widely know within Canon. I would think if it had been that it would have been in Rita's interview of Harry. Any help?

Forrest

cmwinters
    Quote Originally Posted by pokethedevil
    But then what occurs to me is that if she was half-blood,the Death Eaters would not really allow her that sort of freedom she has in Book 7...hm...just a thought, but you can write whatever u think is right.
    . . .

The Dark Lord is a half-blood.

His right-hand-man is a half-blood.

Nobody except Bellatrix, ever speaks against half-bloods. The speak for the superiority of purebloods, and they speak to the unworthiness of the Muggleborns, but not against halfbloods. (Which, quite frankly, is kind of stupid; how is someone "more worthy" if they're born of a pureblood and a Muggle than if they are a pureblood and a Muggleborn? That doesn't even make sense in their own logic. Although fundamentalist rhetoric of that variety very rarely does.)

pokethedevil
    o.O

Good point...

So at the end all it proves is that they really are crazy, selfish maniacs.
    Yay.
    ^.^'

witch6
    yeah, even i kinda agree with cmwinters.. anyway i was wondering how would Rita react if she finds out her mum is cheating on her father. i mean will she be her usual gossip self or do you think she'll sober up when it comes to her own family?? i know one would gossip about their own mother yet this is rita we are talking about!!

nymphadroa_x
    DH SPOILER IN HERE.

Hmm. I personally think she was a half-blood -- it just suits her. Plus, there can't be that many purebloods -- I mean, they're pretty much dying out! Like the Blacks! I mean, Bellatrix died. Sirius died. Sirius's parents died. Regulus died. Elladora died. Arc-whatever (xD) died ... the Blacks are dying out. If the Blacks keep dying, then the Lestranges and Malfoys may die out too.

Alright, back to Rita. xD I think that if she wasn't pureblood, she was given the freedom because she was against Harry [even though she wasn't THAT against -- was she?] or because she probably favored the 'dark side'.

cmwinters
    As far as I remember, Rita never spoke out against Harry, Harry's family, or Lily. So if she's a pureblood she's probably not subscribing to the rhetoric.

Good Gods, what is with everyone's obsession with adultery?

Okay, I don't think Rita would report it in the Prophet (or the Quibbler, or wherever), but I do think she would threaten her mother and probably feed horrid information to her father.

witch6
    hmm.. well, my story is set when she was young so the daily prophet and the quibbler are out of question.

What i really wanted to ask was, will she go tell her father about it as soon as she gets to know or do you think she'll be quiet about it or maybe she'll tell her dad and also kinda spread the news.. umm.. i'm really confused, though i am tilting towards option 2 right now.

cmwinters- i some how dont think she'll blackmail her mum. in the books we that when she gets to know things, she immediately tells everyone about it and doesn't exactly take any advantage of that info...

cmwinters
    I suppose that depends upon your definition of "taking advantage", because telling those stories in that tabloid manner sells papers for her so she makes money.

Whatever else she'd be, I don't personally think she'd be quiet about it.