Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scorpius Malfoy

cmwinters
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoul in Pajamas
    The whole Wizarding World knows they are Death Eaters, so Scorpius surely won't have that 'I'm better than you because my family's so great' attitude that Draco had.
    That's not necessarily true. Lucius Malfoy had been accused and then acquitted of being a Death Eater during the first war, and that didn't seem to change Draco's behaviour in the least. In fact, what with Narcissa basically *rescuing* Harry from the Dark Lord, and the fact that the Malfoys were more or less able to sit in the Great Hall without being harassed, they're probably quite pleased with themselves.

Scorpius may well have that same attitude.

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat

......Scorpius ...... lovely name, don't you think ?

Right , to the topic.

Scorpius would most probably be in Slytherin as he should be, keeping in mind the Malfoy tradition . And it will also give a twist to his relationship with Rose ( a relationship I feel J.K.Rowling has purposely intended ) .

But his being in Gryffindor cannot be ruled out either . I think the lines in the book that most define what might happen in the future are

'So that's little Scorpius, ' said Ron under his breath . 'Make sure you beat him in every test , Rosie .Thank God you inherited your mother's brains . '
    This probably lays a foundation to a future romance between Scorpius and Rose .

I feel scorpius would probably be a proud Malfoy like his father, until he is one day tamed by the lovely Rose Weasley .

But that's just a hunch .
    ~ manu ~

*currently on a looong hiatus*

manu & maria : the Twin Toaster Duo
    manu & nicole : the Faraway Twin Duo

slytherins_queen2
    Scorpius is so slytherin that slytherin seems unslytherin o.O
    Well, you know what I mean. I hope.
    I think that considering Scorpius' family and all that he is bound to be in Slytherin. And I know what you're going to say- Sirius' family were all in slytherin and he was a gryffindor, but there's a difference, Sirius, hated his family. He WANTED to be rebellious, he wanted to distance himself from his family, Scorpius however or so we assume, does not.
    I think that Scorpius is most defaintly an improvement on his father, and think that he won't be as bratty or prejudiced as Draco was, however I think Scorpius had to inheriet some things from his father, certain qualities, qualities that make up a Slytherin.

pokethedevil
    I agree with most people here.
    Scorpius belong in Slytherin.
    About him and Rose... it is a very cliched possibility.
    But it could definitely happen, given that Scorpius isnt an exact replica of his father and Rose one of her mother. But Scorpius does look like draco(this is only looks* and Rose has got hermione's brains... tough choice here.
    I guess it's up to you at the end.

dracosgirlfriend
    Scorpius' would have to be in Slytherin I mean all of his family has been in it. More than likely Scorpius will be put in slytherin and Draco will be mad if he is not.

jenny b
    I would put Scorpius in Slytherin. He's grown up around all the pure-blood mania, and I can't see him getting into another house, unless he's like Sirius, but even then it would be cliched. I like the idea of a Rose/Scorpius romance ... but that would probably be a bit unlikely.

Sixth Year Slytherin
    De-gnoming the Garden

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoul in Pajamas
    We also don't know anything about his mother. She's most likely a Slytherin with pureblood values, but she could be a Ravenclaw.
    And there's the conundrum. Who is his mother?? Because if she were a character that was mentioned in the books (Pansy, Pravarti, or whoever) then we would have a full picture of how Scropius was raised. But since her name was purposely not mentioned, it kinda leaves a mystery of what Draco's life was like after Hogwarts and after the final battle.

Did he change? Did his pureblood view's change?

I feel that Scropuis would best fit in Ravenclaw. Until JKR makes another stunning announcement (*LOL on Dumbledore*) on who Draco married, I feel it's better for him to be there.

To me (coming from a Slyth), Claws are like Slyth except they use intellect to make up for cunning.
    M.R.S.

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat

i have a few questions ....

do you think scorpius would grow up to be like his dad or follow another route? it's not unknown in children to be rebellious to the views of the parents.

if he met the potters or the weasleys, how would he react towards them? would he be cold, or give them a chance?

do you think draco has told scorpius anything about his past and his enmity with the trio? does scorpius know anything about voldemort and death eaters etc. ?

well, that's a load of questions. i'll try answer them myself later .
    ~ manu ~

*currently on a looong hiatus*

manu & maria : the Twin Toaster Duo
    manu & nicole : the Faraway Twin Duo

Hypatia
    do you think draco has told scorpius anything about his past and his enmity with the trio? does scorpius know anything about voldemort and death eaters etc. ?
    An interesting question. I wrote exactly what I thought he'd say into the end of the second chapter of A Fresh Start but to summarize, my guess would be that he told him some of it, but put himself in a somewhat better light than he deserved. Draco would likely assume that Scorpius is going to hear about it when he goes to school, if not sooner and would probably take the opportunity of presenting his side of it all. Pointing out that what he did, he did to save his family and that Harry rejected his friendship when they were first years, Harry nearly killed him in their sixth year, etc. I don't think he'll encourage a family feud between his son and the Weasleys and Potters, but I think he would at least warn Scorpius that they probably won't warm up to him.

Also, I've noticed a lot of people saying that Scorpius has to be in Slytherin because his family was all in Slytherin. We don't know if this is something that is important to Scorpius. I believe the Sorting Hat only keeps families together when the kids want to remain in family houses. While Draco has exhibited the best and worst of Slytherin's qualities, this does not mean that his son has inherited them or that he wants to be in Slytherin. I also suspect that Draco might not be applying the same pressure for his son to be in Slytherin that he experienced growing up. Draco might well be wondering how his life would have been different had he chosen a different house.

I think it's also important to note that being the son of Draco Malfoy probably won't offer the same kind of luxury as being the son of Lucius Malfoy did back in Draco's school days. Even if his family avoided imprisonment, I doubt they avoided public scandal. I'd expect that bravery will have to become one of Scorpius's defining characteristics, simply for the circumstances he's been thrown into. Gryffindor isn't just for heroes, it's also for bullies (James Potter Sr and Sirius Black) and for those who need to exhibit forms of courage that often go unnoticed (Remus Lupin and Neville Longbottom) and even for those who desperately want to be brave people (Peter Pettigrew).

I have to admit, I think the Sorting Hat might be sorely tempted to put Scorpius in Gryffindor.

Sixth Year Slytherin
    De-gnoming the Garden

Quote Originally Posted by xombie
    do you think scorpius would grow up to be like his dad or follow another route? it's not unknown in children to be rebellious to the views of the parents.
    I think he would try to follow his own path. I think after the war, the Malfoy name would have been dragged through the mud. So I believe that he would strive to set himself a part to bring some glory back to the Malfoy name.

if he met the potters or the weasleys, how would he react towards them? would he be cold, or give them a chance?.
    I think he would be somewhat reserved in his reaction....not being cold but not exactly giving a warm reception. I feel that he would hang back and observe them first.

do you think draco has told scorpius anything about his past and his enmity with the trio? does scorpius know anything about voldemort and death eaters etc. ?.
    If he did, he would have word it in the best possible way to put himself in a good light. He would have down played the Trio's efforts and try to come out looking like an unsung hero.
    M.R.S.