Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Helena Ravenclaw

pokethedevil
    Alrighty, so about the Helena/Baron relationship...

What do you happened between them during all those years at Hogwarts?

witch6
    hmmm.. well, i always thought helena was the more dominant one when it came to their relationship which, i guess, shows why their relationship didn't work even though the Bloody Baron loved her and still wears all those chains around him and repents for her death. Also, what i find interesting is the Slytherin/ravenclaw relationship. I mean, Slytherins generally do not feel sorry for what they have done but not when it comes to Baron. I guess this prooves that when true love comes, none of your other qualities can surpass it, as it is shown both in the case of Baron and snape.

pokethedevil
    I guess this proves that when true love comes, none of your other qualities can surpass it, as it is shown both in the case of Baron and snape.
    I suppose that is true... but what I actually meant was that their relationship didn't *obviously* continue, in any way, after their deaths right?
    I mean he killed the poor girl!!
    What I want to know is what happened between them during all those thousands of years in the castle.

Bloody Baron loved her and still wears all those chains around him and repents for her death.
    The reason he wears those chains could possibly be this but remember, after he killed her, he comitted suicide. Maybe people who do that are bound to the Earth for all eternity.
    I heard somewhere that *in reality* those who commit suicide, their souls are punished in the way that they relive their last moments on earth*thier death* over and over and over again.
    I don't know if this holds true in his case... maybe he wears those chains only because he never really meant to kill her, Rowena didn't ask him to kill her...psycho dastard.

The HP Lexicon quotes JK Rowling as saying that the Grey Lady never found true love as she never found a man up to her standards.

Phoebe Gruzelieur
    I think the Baron loved her in vain, and she was too high and mighty to think she was equal to him. I can't see that, if she walked out and he killed her, they had a fantastic relationship. They may've had a love/hate one though...

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat

a question that arises is whether they had a relationship during their school years , or later. or whether they had a relationship at all.

we know helene was loved by the baron, but as to loving him herself, it is unknown (correct me if i'm wrong here). what seems to me is, that helena always tried to stay away from the baron, who stalked her endlessly.

as to their relationship at hogwarts, it cannot really be ascertained unless we decide if she had a relationship or not.
    ~ manu ~

*currently on a looong hiatus*

manu & maria : the Twin Toaster Duo
    manu & nicole : the Faraway Twin Duo

Striped_Candycane
    Helena's father, Godric or Salazar?

Although this would be a very interesting plot point, I highly doubt it. And even if Rowena Ravenclaw did have a relationship with either one, I doubt she would tell Helena: seeing as the tensions might already have been high at the time of her birth, the addition of a relationship with either one of them would have been unadvisable.

Why is her surname Ravenclaw?

I do agree that Ravenclaw isn't necessarily her maiden name…
    But if it isn't Rowena might have decided to keep her own name. Although this is a highly modern idea for the time (1,000 AD according to the Lexicon), she was clearly a very modern, independent woman.

Her relationship with the Baron…

I picture Helena, from the brief view we get of her in Deathly Hallows, as very arrogant, very snobby. She thinks that she is better than everyone else because she has the brains/lineage. This might be one of the reasons why she never accepted the Baron.

Quote Originally Posted by pokethedevil
    The HP Lexicon quotes JK Rowling as saying that the Grey Lady never found true love as she never found a man up to her standards.
    If J.K Rowling said that she never found anyone up to her standards, it might support this theory.

cmwinters
    Something I think bears mentioning . . .

The Baron is probably within 5-10 years of Helena's age.

Judging by the fact that they're both ghosts at Hogwarts, I think it's reasonable to assume that they were educated at Hogwarts.

That means that the Blood Baron was in Slytherin house while Salazar was Head of House.

As much as I personally really dig the idea of Helena being Salazar's kid, I think he would absolutely *bonkers* if one of his students tried to make off with his daughter.

Which could make for a very interesting story, for sure, but make sure that if your storyline goes that way, that you take that into consideration, even if that means you make Helena's birthdate after Salazar left the school.

pokethedevil
    Wow!
    What an amazing idea! I never even thought of that. I have a very rough sketch up of what I want to write on this in the Three Broomsticks and I could really use this information.
    Thanks to everyone who's posted here! *hugs*
    And anyone who's got any questions or queries regarding Helena/The Grey Lady is, of course, more than welcome to post them here.

Pafoo
    Shoot...

Even with it being AU, I had Salazar/Helena plot bunnies from the start.

Come on - it's not much weirder than Snape/Hermione.

Erm... that's not saying much. =/

Emery

cmwinters
    Oh, now *there's* an interesting triangle for you. O.o

The Baron's in love with Helena, but Helena's in love with Salazar, and Salazar . . . oh, I dunno, either doesn't know or doesn't care or does care but doesn't like her at all, or maybe she's not "pure" enough for him or whatever.

Mmm. THIS could be interesting too.

/me proudly waves her SS/HG banner (and yes, I'm quite well aware that's a wierd and disturbing ship, but honestly, Snape's MUCH better for Hermione than Ron!)