Thread: What Types of Blood are these characters?

Hybrid View

Ellie4Harry

What Types of Blood are these characters?

What type of blood would Harry and Ginny's children be?
    Harry's a half-blood and Ginny's a pure-blood so wouldn't that make three quaters...?
    Please help!
    ~Ellie

SiriuslyMental
    The children would be considered Pureblood, because all of their grandparents are/were magical.

StaceyLC
    Really, I thought they would still be considered mixed, since Harry's a half-blood. Lily was magical, yes, but Muggle-born.

Jo said she based the half-blood/pure-blood thing the same way the Nazis categorized the Jewish population during WW2. I would look that stuff up, and see if it helps.

MissPurplePen
    I agree that they would probably be considered half-blood. One set of the children's great-grandparents are pure Muggle, and that seems like a pretty close connection to me. I've always gone by the standard that if there's any straight Muggle blood in the family line that recently, the bloodline isn't pure anymore. But I also suggest you look that up, because we could be wrong.

joybelle423
    According to the Lexicon, a half-blood is "a witch or wizard with at least one wizarding parent but at least one Muggle parent or grandparent."

Therefore, Harry and Ginny's children would most definitely be half-blood, since Lily was Muggle-born.

Ellie4Harry
    Great! I'm going to write them as half-blood then! Thank you all so much for your help and advice!
    ~Ellie