Thread: Greyback - where is he now?

apollo13

Greyback - where is he now?

Hee, hee, please excuse the cheesy title.

Okay, I may be missing a major plot point or something here, but this will make or break a WIP of mine.

Did Fenrir Greyback die in DH or is he still running around somewhere?

I have looked through the book, but I can't find anything, so...

~Evie

megan_lupin
    The last time Greyback is mention in DH is during the major battle that's taking place in the Great Hall. He's mentioned in the paragraph with a lot of other characters, but let me check to get the exact quote ...

Yes, it's in the last chapter, on page 735 of the American Hardback Edition:

"He saw Ron and Neville bringing down Fenrir Greyback, Abeforth Stunning Rookwood, Arthur and Percy flooring Thicknesse ..."

It's a whole paragraph of Harry's observations during the fight, and that's the last time Greyback is mentioned. However, it doesn't say *specifically* that he's killed, only that he's brought down.

Chances are, though, that if he's not dead, he's at least imprisoned in Azkaban or something. He wouldn't be roaming free at the very least.

~Megan

apollo13
    Quote Originally Posted by megan_lupin
    He wouldn't be roaming free at the very least.

~Megan
    Huh. D'you think it would be plausiable for him to have maybe got away? Say, Ron & Neville might have knocked him unconcious, but then later on, maybe when they were all thinking Harry had snuffed it, he woke up and slunk away?

Or would that be pushing realism of a magical world a wee bit far?

~Evie

megan_lupin
    Well, this is happening *after* Voldemort and company have already entered Hogwarts. Everyone's seen Harry's "body" and thinks he's dead ... and if I remember correctly, it's just a few paragraphs or so away from Harry revealing himself and everyone seeing that he's NOT dead.

I suppose, if you want him to get away, you could have it be while everyone's attention is focussed on the Voldemort vs. Harry battle that's about to come up -- Greyback could slink along the floor and get out of sight while everyone in the Great Hall has their attention focussed on the Dark Lord and Potter.

~Megan

apollo13
    Oh, good. Thanks for your help!

~Evie