Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: James Potter Jnr.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I give him TIDY black hair and big blue eyes.
    Except his parents have brown and green eyes (and Albus is the only one with green eyes in the family). Where would the blue eyes come from?

I suppose geneticly speaking, if James had two recessive genes, he could have light-colored eyes as well, but it just makes it seem like James came from the milkman.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    Except his parents have brown and green eyes (and Albus is the only one with green eyes in the family). Where would the blue eyes come from?

I suppose geneticly speaking, if James had two recessive genes, he could have light-colored eyes as well, but it just makes it seem like James came from the milkman.

Heh. Now there's a plot bunny!

I think of James as rather lazy and arrogant -- his grandfather's attitude, without the talent to back it up. He's basked too long in his father's glory. He automatically gets attention and female adoration. He bullies his younger brother, because that's what arrogant older brothers do.

He might grow up to be a real prat, or he might undergo some trials that mature him a bit.

Kcharles
    I have blue eyes, and my mom and dad have green and brown eyes. Just saying :P

I think James would be lazy and arrogant (as said) because he already gets worshiped because of his family. I like him with tidy black hair too, but I think it could be possible for him to have tidy red hair too(that would be cute).

Celtic_Jewel
    Hi, I'm starting a fic about James in his third year, and I was wondering, what extra classes do you think he would take? I've chosen Care of Magical Creatures as one, but I'm not sure about the other. The official ones we know about are:

1. Care of Magical Creatures
    2. Divination
    3. Ancient Runes
    4. Arithmancy
    5. Muggle Studies

I can't see any of the others really appealing to him... and I think there is the chance of there being one or two other classes available too. Ideas?

Thanks,
    -Ema

weasleywannabe47
    No, Ema, that's all there is. Hermione says she takes "all the classes", and these are the one listed.

I see James as taking the two "sop courses" : Divination and Care of Magical Creatures.

But, that's just my take on it. Make him a bookworm if you like.

Sagen
    Hello Ema.

I don't know if James would really take Arithmancy.

Class Description: Very few Hogwarts students take this complicated course. Those who take arithmancy consider themselves intelligent, and are willing to learn and take on the challenge of this complex study. Arithmancy is often considered boring, except by Hermione, who greatly enjoys this subject! Some of the work includes studying the magical art of numbers and equations, and very complicated number charts
    Unless, you want him to be a smarty-pants, I would stay clear of it.

Oh and about the eye colour thing, My Great-Grandmother has blue eyes, My Great-Grandfather has blue eyes, and my Great-Uncle and my two Great-Aunts had blue eyes (They are my G-Grandmother and G-Grandfather's kids), and my Gramma has brown eyes. Now blue is a recessive gene. If you have two blue eyed parents, they would have a blue eyed child. If both parents have brown eyes yet carry the allele for blue eyes, a quarter of the children will have blue eyes, and three quarters will have brown eyes.

Just my twe cents, on it.

-Gen.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare

James S. Potter

Ok, so I would like input for the likelihood of the following.

James Sirius Potter has won the genetic jackpot. He has inherited his mother's becoming face, his father's rakish black hair, a tall, athletic build, and a ridiculous amount of magical talent. I really wanted him to have green eyes, as they are gorgeous, but how about a cinnamon brown from Ginny? He does wear glasses, which seem to always be crooked, but it only added to his charm

In mannerisms, he does have a devilish streak, but he is kind-hearted and is not content to see others suffer. Everything comes easily to him, so his test scores are always top notch. He's charming, witty, and well-spoken.

All the insecurities of both Harry and Ginny Potter combined seem to fall to their second son, Albus, all in one.

PhoenixAscendant
    So James has everything. Except, of course, Lily's eyes. So what would Albus look like? We know that Al looks a lot like Harry, even down to the eyes. So that means skinny, short, knobbly knees, green eyes, black hair, and a thin face. I would imagine his eyesight is absolute rubbish as well. This could happen, I think. Unlikely, but possible.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixAscendant
    So James has everything. Except, of course, Lily's eyes. So what would Albus look like? We know that Al looks a lot like Harry, even down to the eyes. So that means skinny, short, knobbly knees, green eyes, black hair, and a thin face. I would imagine his eyesight is absolute rubbish as well. This could happen, I think. Unlikely, but possible.
    That's about where I put him. Albus would also be more susceptible to persuasion, due to a weaker personality than his brother. He would work ten times harder at his studies, only to barely make the same grades as James.

Another trait I imagine James would possess is Quidditch, because I believe Albus does not. In my story, I made him a pro Keeper for Puddlemere, beloved by all and secretly resented for the success by his brother.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Hmmm,

Be careful here. Albus is starting to sound like Neville - the classic underdog. From the little we know about Albus, we do know that he argues back. Harry also declares that he won't let James and Albus share a room because they'd destroy it. That shows that Albus isn't just a fall guy but someone who will fight back ... strongly. Also, would Albus be that worried about grades. Harry wasn't in Hermione's league and Ginny wasn't known for being a brain box either. Ginny also wasn't a prefect so he doesn't have a particular Hogwarts genius legacy to live up to. Would James be that brilliant without studying?

Albus needs some redeeming features, just as James needs to be a little less like his names-sakes. Harry wasn't that much like James and although their upbringing is different, I do think James would be a lot less arrogant than his granddad and grand-godfather (just made that up - LOL).

James, from the epilogue, is likened to Ron in his 'Urghh they're kissing' speech, and the fact that he 'likes a laugh' could pertain to a heriditary Weasley twin gene.

Carole

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye