Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: James Potter Jnr.

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea

WARNING: DH SPOILERS
    What do you expect him to look like? I've given him his father's hair and his mother's eyes, but I'm not sure really.
    Yeah, what you've given him is fine. 'Cause he's a Potter and should have the famous black hair. Even in Philosopher's Stone, in the chapter 'Mirror of Erised', Harry sees men who have black stuck up hair, so it runs in the family. It's mentioned in DH that only Albus inherits Harry's eyes, so most probably James would have brown (Ginny's). And, i don't think that any of the Potters were supposed to be 'hot' so James won' be either considering that the Weasleys aren't exactly good looking too.

Do you think he'd be into pranks like his grandfather and uncles?
    Of course! It runs in the family. Both the families as a matter of fact. So obviously he would take up after them and be like the Marauders.

What kind of relationships do you think he'd have with his friends and family? We know that he and Albus are quite close, but what about the rest of his family, like his sister and his parents?
    He'd be really close to them. Fine, he's not the sentimental and all type, but he does love them. We can make that out from the Epilogue.

Do you think he'd be very similar to his namesake, and how do you think he would feel about him?
    Yeah. Both were fun and naughty and loved to play pranks. We see James Jr. teasing Albus in the epilogue, so we know that James Jr. was like his grandfather. James Jr. wouldn't know much about his grandfather. Harry didn't know much about his father, except what he got to know from Dumbledore, Sirius and Remus, but neither of them are alive when James Jr. is born. So he probably wouldn't know much about his grandfather except the fact that he was really mischievous and all. So most probably he would want to follow his grandfather's footsteps.

- Afifa
    - Write - Beta - Drabble - Duel - Help -

Awesome avvie by Minna/minnabird.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    *DH spoilers*

What do you expect him to look like?

Well, I think that Harry's hair and Ginny's eyes are very likely. After all, James and Harry both had messy hair, so why shouldn't James Jr. continue the tradition.

I do think that he will be into pranks. After all he does have the Weasley blood in him and an uncle that could teach him all types of jokes. He also has Bill and Charlie who could teach him a thing or two.

What kind of relationships do you think he'd have with his friends and family?

Personally, I believe that James Jr. would be quite close to his family and friends.
    I think this because after all that Harry has been through in his life (not being loved as a baby and all of that) he would want to make sure that his kids would never, ever feel that way.

Do you think he'd be very similar to his namesake, and how do you think he would feel about him?

James Jr. would probably love his namesake. After all James Sr. died to protect James Jr.'s dad from Lord Voldemort. And if it wasn't for James Sr. then James Jr. wouldn't be alive.
    I also think that James Jr. would be very much like James Sr. James Jr. would probably also not like Slytherins that much and maybe, just maybe, he will pull a James Sr. and try to curse them in the hallways at every chance that they got.

*End DH spoilers*

Avvie by Ash/Radcliffefan07 and Banner by Evie/apollo13.

Black_Dust
    I'm writting a fic where James is about 16 years old and I have a few questions about him:

First off:
    How do you think he would act around girls? Since people were discussing likely resemblences between his uncles, grandpa and him, do you think he would he be a "smooth operater" like Fred & George & his grandpa? Or a little bit akward like Harry and Ron were?

How would girls act towards him? Would he just be a regular guy? Or would girls fawn over him like they did with harry during the 6th year just because he's Harry Potter's son? (and because he's a prankster too, which adds that air of "bad boyness" )

I had another one too but I forgot it as I was typing the other ones...oh well I guess I'll just have to come back later if I remember

Thanks for any help!

~~Kasey

Rhi for HP
    How do you think he would act around girls? Since people were discussing likely resemblences between his uncles, grandpa and him, do you think he would he be a smooth operater like Fred & George & his grandpa? Or a little bit akward like Harry and Ron were?

I tend to think smooth operator--that awkwardness would emerge in Albus, I think, since Albus seems to be like Harry, and James seems to me like--well, James sr.

How would girls act towards him? Would he just be a regular guy? Or would girls fawn over him like they did with harry during the 6th year just because he's Harry Potter's son? (and because he's a prankster too, which adds that air of "bad boyness" )

I think initially when he arrived at Hogwarts there was the same mystique Harry got: "Ooooh, look! Know who that is??", but I think that would have worn off quickly with James' mannerism and his determination to be known as himself, not inextricably wound up in with his father the hero. I think girls would fawn over him not because he was Harry's son, but because he's just so cool: a new age Marauder. From the little we see in the epilogue I think he's confident and comfortable with himself, and yes, there's that prankster element; and he has to be at least moderately good looking as Harry and Ginny's son...all in all, probably very appealing and sought-after.

Hope that helped! It's just speculation on my part...

First Year Gryffindor
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives

What do you expect him to look like? I expect him to have his mother's brown eyes and his father's messy hair. Albus was apparently the one to have the green eyes, and how can you have a James Potter without the Potter hair?

Do you think he'd be into pranks like his grandfather and uncles? Yes, absolutely. In the epilouge he seemed to be very confidant and happy to tease Al.

What kind of relationships do you think he'd have with his friends and family? We know that he and Albus are quite close, but what about the rest of his family, like his sister and his parents? I think that he'll be really close to the rest of his family. After all, they're the Potter-Weasleys! How could they not be close? Also, James will probably be the leader of the Potter clan. He teases Al, and I think that he'll find Lily pretty annoying, unti she became a little older.

Do you think he'd be very similar to his namesake, and how do you think he would feel about him? Yes, I think that he would be similar. We've seen James Sr. for a few pages in OotP and we've seen James Jr. for a few pages in DH. And even though James Sr. is fifteen and James Jr is thirteen when we see them, they still have a lot of resemblances.

How do you think he would act around girls? Since people were discussing likely resemblences between his uncles, grandpa and him, do you think he would he be a "smooth operater" like Fred & George & his grandpa? Or a little bit akward like Harry and Ron were? I think that he would be a "smooth operator" as you put it. He already appears to have a lot of confidance in himself, and I could see him as being quite arrogant. I think that Al would be the awkward one.

How would girls act towards him? Would he just be a regular guy? Or would girls fawn over him like they did with harry during the 6th year just because he's Harry Potter's son? (and because he's a prankster too, which adds that air of "bad boyness" ) I think that in the beginning, like, his first two years maybe, people would fawn over him for being Harry's son, but after a while everyone would notice that he's just a regular guy. I think that if girls were to fawn over him in sixth year, then it would be because he was good looking, or had won a Quidditch game, or something like that

-Nora
    You'll love it.

Banner and avatar by me

bling_baby
    How do you think he would act around girls?

He seems definately like a smoothe operator type. However, we have only seen him with family memebers so it could be that he's all talk or that he could be shy at first. Also, by the shock he got when he saw Teddy and Victoire, he may think of some things as kind of a big deal.

How would girls act towards him?

They would either love him or hate him. If he was as confident as he was in the epilogue, they could either admire him, or find him very cocky. If he is shy on the other hand, either they will find him mysterious and adorable or not someone to be notice.

I think with both these questions, you really have to use creative licence.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Well, we know that only Albus has green eyes out of all the Potter children, so James probably has bright brown eyes, like Ginny. For some reason, I also see him wearing glasses, though probably not round ones like his dad wears.

I have seen a few stories where James is described as being more Weasley-like in appearance (stocky, shorter, redish hair), but I just can't imagine him without the tradmark Potter black hair, though maybe not so messy. This may come from who he is named after, but also from him being Harry's first-born son; we tend to have an instinct to see him more resembeling Harry because of this aspect.

Without a doubt. C'mon: James Sirius Potter. And on top of that, growing up around crazy Uncle George, how else could anyone envision him growing up?

What kind of relationships do you think he'd have with his friends and family? We know that he and Albus are quite close, but what about the rest of his family, like his sister and his parents?
    I believe he would be very close to them, but still, I have yet to meet a boy who didn't torture his younger siblings. Look at how he torments poor Albus in the Epilogue! I can only imagine what happened in the first eleven years of Albus' life. I think there may be a little bit of hero worship towards his father, and he would try to emulate him as much as possible. I envision his relation ship with Ginny to be one of respect (look at how it only took one look for her to get him to stop teasing Albus). I know that he loves her, but at the same time, he knows not to cross her.

He may or may not tease Lily (if he does, she doesn't get it nearly as bad as Albus does). But I can definantly see him being very protective of her, especially into her teenage years if she inherits her mother's looks...and boys start chasing after her. (God have mercy on their soals!)

Yes, I do. We saw a brief glimpse at James and Sirius as teenagers in OotP and I could definantly see some resemblens to James Potter II. And like with his father, I believe there would be a lot of hero worship directed towards his names sakes and he would try to match their behavior and their personality traits.

How do you think he would act around girls?
    James certainly seems like he would be the smooth operator type. But at the same time, I have to believe he wouldn't want to allow the members of his family in on the details of his romantic life. After his reaction to Teddy and Victoire in the Epilogue, he may see any small crush he had on a girl as an oppurtunity for his reletives to endless mock him (...and to some extent, they probably would)

How would girls act towards him?
    James stikes me as the kind of boy that girls would find was either their best friend, or their worst enemy. He almost seems like the kind of boy who would flirt with one girl in the corridors, and then sit behind another in Potions and stick catapillars in her hair.

I went to Jr. High with and entire class of these boys, so I know how to recognize them!

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Double posting because I have a new question to pose about James.

What color yarn do you think Mr. Weasley would use in making a weasley sweater for him?

And what do you believe a third-year James Sirius Potter would enjoy getting for Christmas?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

cirelondiel
    James seems to have a good helping of house pride, so maybe she'd pick red and yellow wool. She might think that dark blue or brown would look nice on him, too, but it depends on how you have him looking. I certainly don't think he'd respond very well to a green one

As for presents, something Quidditch related would probably go down well - he seems like he'd be a big fan. Maybe broomstick-repair sorts of things, like the nice kit Harry got from Hermione, or a book, or anything emblazoned with the logo of his favourite team. Anything from Zonko's or Weasley's Wizard Wheezes or Honeydukes would be good too.

-- Chelsea

weasleywannabe47
    I give him TIDY black hair and big blue eyes. No specs.
    He'd be the next Gred and Forge, I'm sure.

Mum--as close a mother and son can be
    Dad--he probably worships him
    and loves him
    He'd try and act just like them!