Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: James Potter Jnr.

Yellow_Rose

James Potter Jnr.

(Ok, I'm not sure whether we still have to put DH spoilers, but just in case, this entire post, and probably topic contains them.)

I'm writing a next generation fanfic and a few question marks popped up about James, so I'd just like to ask a few people's opinions on things.

What do you expect him to look like? I've given him his father's hair and his mother's eyes, but I'm not sure really.

Do you think he'd be into pranks like his grandfather and uncles?

What kind of relationships do you think he'd have with his friends and family? We know that he and Albus are quite close, but what about the rest of his family, like his sister and his parents?

Do you think he'd be very similar to his namesake, and how do you think he would feel about him?

Any ideas?

I_LUV_MOONY
    What do you expect him to look like?

Well, I personally think it would be awesome to see a boy running around with red, messy hair. But that may just be me.

Your description sounds good. I can picture him as tall, but not gangly like some of his uncles.

Yes, I can. *DH Spoiler* In the epilogue of DH we see him tease Albus. And he also seems to be full of energy, which (when pushed by the influence of Uncle George and the memory of his namesake) would definitely be used for the good of pranks. *end DH Spoiler*

What kind of relationships do you think he'd have with his friends and family? We know that he and Albus are quite close, but what about the rest of his family, like his sister and his parents?

I think he's fairly close to all of them. I don't think Harry would let his family be distant from each other. We can trust that they're all a close family unit.

Do you think he'd be very similar to his namesake, and how do you think he would feel about him?

I think that the minute he heard the history of his namesake he would try to be like him. And he'd go looking for a red-haired girl that he's not related to so that the family tradition would be maintained (just kidding, although it's not a bad idea).

I hope I've helped!

jenny b
    *DH SPOILERS*

What do you expect him to look like? I would say red hair, but dark hair works too. And we know he didn't inherit Lily's eyes, only Albus did. I would imagine him to be tallish, but not really tall like Ron.

Do you think he'd be into pranks like his grandfather and uncles? Definitely. He teased Albus a bit, and it reminded me of when Fred and George were teasing Ron on the train in his first year. He doesn't seem the kind of person to be easily hurt.

What kind of relationships do you think he'd have with his friends and family? We know that he and Albus are quite close, but what about the rest of his family, like his sister and his parents? He'd be close. When they're at the train station, Ginny says he's like Ron. Ron's family is tremendously important to him, and I think James would be the same way. Also, I fear for Lily's love life in the future! They kind of remind me of Ron and Ginny.

Do you think he'd be very similar to his namesake, and how do you think he would feel about him? I think James would try to be like him as well, and I reckon that he would be immensly proud of the fact that he's named after him, when he discovers how he was part of the Order and how he died trying to protect his family. I think he'd be a Quidditch player, because like I_LUV_MOONY said, he seems really energetic.

joselle
    I would agree on that. I have always envisioned him as some form of replica of James, though that may not be true, since Harry looks like James but it is Albus who looks like Harry and not the younger James (I hope that made sense). I would suggest giving him black hair and brown eyes. Harry’s dad has hazel eyes, remember? Hazel is pretty much closest thing to brown, so go with you original idea.

Definitely! Why ever not? I think it runs on the genes, though I don’t think Albus would be a prankster too. Basing on his appearance in the Epilogue in DH, he seems to have exuded that kind of personality and vibe.

He and Albus are quite close, but they usually fight. Remember what Harry said? “… if I would want the house demolished…” To me, James seems to be the kind of brother who’s really protective of his younger siblings, although considering that he is about thirteen by the time of the epilogue he seems to be an immature kid. The Potters seemed to be a picture of a perfect family, or at least a family that is full of love and laughs.
    I would also like to think that he spends a lot of time with George.

I have always thought of him as a replica. So yeah, pretty much similar.
    Additional Trivia: (thought you may want this)
    Of his three kids, to who did Harry give the Marauder’s Map?
    Nobody. Although I have read somewhere that Jo thought that James would somehow nick it from his father’s desk.
    (Pretty much of a prankster, isn’t he? The darling *sighs*)

slytherins_queen2

I thought of James having browny aurban like hair. Like brown with a tinge of red. I dunno, lol. I think he had brown eyes too.

I think it's pretty much agiven that he is a prankster like his grandfather and uncle. I think he's got a little too much confidence for his own good (George's input I suppose bless him )

When I saw how James acted towards Albus in the epilogue, I was instantly reminded of how the twins acted towards Ron. I think James likes to take the mickey out of Albus but really does care for him. As for Lily, I agree with what someone else said, that he'd be the annoying over protective brother, wanting to know who she was going out with etc.. I think he'd be very loyal to his friends and open to everyone, I also think he would be very close to Georges son Fred.

Very similar. I think that was also apparent in the epilogue, but I also think he is similar to Ron and George in many ways. I think he'd be very proud of his grand father, I could just picture him bragging about James snr's 'adventures' (told by Harry) to his friends, and proudly boasting that it was James snr and his friends who created the Marauders map.

hansolohpfrk

I thought he'd have his father's hair and his mother's eyes, but look more like Weasley in height, facial shape, etc.

I don't know about pranks exactly, but I do know he has a sense of humor. I think he'd be the smart-aleck who always has something witty to say, more than pranks. We know he has a sense of humor, but not quite like Gred's and Forge's.

What kind of relationships do you think he'd have with his friends and family?
    I think he'd be pretty close to Ginny, as Al is to his dad. I think he'd also have a strong relationship with his sister, once she got older, similar to Fred-George-Ginny closeness.

I think he'd lurve James to the bottom of his heart. I think he'd be similar to him in his wit, not as much as the pranks, as I said earlier.

--Hanni

x_lily_evans_x

Well, I think he should have spectacles! To keep up with the Potter tradition. And I think he should have dark hair and hazel eyes Just like his namesake.

Yes, I think so. From what we know of him, he seems to be a really mischievous child, and JK Rowling said once that she had a feeling that Harry didn't give him the Marauders Map, he more of stole it from Harry. Which suggests that he's a really fun-loving boy and would probably not think too much about rules. Just like Grandfather James and Uncles Fred and George.

I think he'd probably have a very good relationship with his Mum, because Ginny, I find, has always been on the mischievous side (not counting the earlier years when she's always tongue-tied with Harry around). But I think he'd be really close to his Dad, too. And as for his relationship with Albus, I'm guessing it's just like most brotherly relationships-- I'm sure they love each other deep down and all that, but James is a bit of a tease and would like to bother Albus a lot, kind of like Fred and George did to Ron. They also fight, as from the demolishing-a-room remark by Harry. As for James' relationship with his sister, I think he'll most probably take on the typical big brother role, you know, inspect Lily's love life really closely and hate all her boyfriends.

I think he isn't THAT close to Hugo or Rose. While Albus was anxiously looking around for his cousins, James ran off somewhere. This doesn't mean that he doesn't get along well with them, though, I'm guessing his relationship with Ron and Hermione's children will be somewhat like, hmmm, Harry's relationship with Charlie and Bill?

And I think he'll be very, very close to Uncle George and possibly Uncle George's son, Fred II Weasley (if Fred does turn out to be a major mischief-maker just like his namesake). He'll be close to them for, well, obvious reasons.

I think he's definitely similar to his namesake, but I don't think he'll be as arrogant and immature as James Potter Sr. is, because Harry and Ginny are down-to-earth people and I doubt if they'll overly pamper their children. I think James Jr. will ah-dore James Sr.! And treat him as his idol.

mavis

bling_baby
    I am also writing a next-gen fic so here's the decisions I made.

What do you expect him to look like? I've given him his father's hair and his mother's eyes, but I'm not sure really.
    Those characterists seem reasonable. JK does say that Albus is the only one who has Harry's eyes so I'd give James Harry's hair, just to even things out.

Yes, you can tell immediately in the epilogue that he had a cheeky attitude about him. He definately was not one which stood on the side-lines.

I think his relationship with Harry will kind of be like the Weasley boys and their father. While Harry will have a jokey attitude, it was clear that James' mother beleived in discipline so there will be a firm upbringing. Although I doubt James would take much of that into consideration - because of the other statements.
    With his sister, I think he does care for her. However, like all sibling relationships, he will occassionally find her annoying. She did seem slightly whiney in the chapter so no doubt, James will not be completely pleased with her 24/7.

I think he will be. He'll probably look alot like him, act alot like him - though because of what Harry saw and his own experiences, I think James Jnr will be raised to be much less egotistical than his grandfather - and even think alot like him. Who knows? He might even find a Lily Evans in his life.

A.H.
    Well that'd be the senseable thing to do, as the hair and eyes were passed down to harry. I believe it said something in the epilouge about James Jr. looking like Harry, but I may be wrong. Personaly I like to think that James got the Weasley traits, and Albus Severus got the Potter hair, and Evans eyes. Though as he is named after James, it is quite fitting to have the two of em' look alike.

Almost definatley. He's part Weasley, part Potter, what would you expect? Tis only an educated guess but I think you'd be safe to say that he takes after his father, and relatives.

I've imagined him and Albus to be quite the opposite really, because of Albus being the youngest and living in Harry's shadow; the if we can assume the James is popular he has a brothers shadow to live in also. I'd imagine him to be very protective of his younger sister, and like Fred and George with denying that Albus is related to them, jokingly of course.

It would only be fitting, a bit cliche maybe but definatly fitting. And no doubt will he find a pretty red head for marrying

Schmerg_The_Impaler
    I see him tallish and lanky-ish (not as much as Ron but moreso than Harry) with messy red hair, brown eyes, Harry’s features, rectangular glasses. He's not all that good-looking, but he has a nice smile and a friendly, confident air that makes him likeable.

I think somewhat. He's mischievous, but not obsessed with pranking, though he always enjoys a good laugh. For the most part, he's happy-go-lucky and funloving, often gets carried away, a little too curious and overenthusiastic sometimes. This can get him into a lot of trouble, but it's usually just innocent fun that went a little too far more than actually intended to hurt or embarrass anyone. James has a habit of putting his foot in his mouth and unintentionally causing serious trouble, but he rarely pulls off real pranks.

I think he and Albus are good friends, but disagree a lot because I see Albus as quite introverted and James as quite extroverted, and that they'd have rather opposing personalities. James doesn't think much about the fact that his parents are war heroes-- he takes that in stride, and it's all he's ever known. Albus is a little bit more thoughtful about that and all of its ramifications, but James just thinks it's kind of cool that his dad is Harry Potter and doesn't give it much more thought than that.

James likes to try and be cool and avoid his parents in public, but he usually gets on pretty well with them, especially because he goes to boarding school and doesn't get to see them everyday. He is, however, the most likely of the three to get into trouble with them.

Lily, his little sister, has an imagination that she lets run away with her and is very dramatic, boisterous, and rambunctious. James thinks she's incredibly annoying, especially the way she practically worships him and always tries to tag along after him and use his stuff. But he loves her, and everyone knows better than to pick on her when James is around.

I see James as having a good deal of casual, friendly aquaintances because he's a friendly and likeable guy. But I don't think he has all that many really close friends, maybe just two or three. I do see him as a Chaser for Quidditch, so he probably hangs out with the Quidditch team to some extent. Like all Potter men, he never becomes a Prefect, and he isn't one of the school's top students, but he does okay.

He's only heard really good things about his grandfather, so he's proud of being named after him, but he gets pretty annoyed when people say things to him like, "Your grandfather James always got good grades, why don't you?" or "Well, your grandfather James was Head Boy," or "you don't really look like your grandfather James," because he's not him and he's never even met the man. He privately thinks that James was maybe not as great as people make him out to be, but he thinks it's incredibly cool that he had a granddad who made the Marauders' Map and suchlike

He doesn't mind so much being compared to his dad, mainly because he actually does know his dad-- and his father was never exactly a straight-O student, either. Plus, there's no Voldemort around to defeat, and he doesn't envy his father doing that.