Quote Originally Posted by Cedric'sGirl
I think what you're thinking of as an attorney is what we would call a solicitor. But yes, a barrister will go into court whereas a solicitor is used for civil matters, although you could also use "lawyer" to describe either of these. I'm sure someone who knows more about the British legal system will be able to go into far greater detail for you though.
Thanks. I thought there was a different term for it!