Thread: Ages of DH Epilogue Characters

Hybrid View

h_vic

Ages of DH Epilogue Characters

I've been struggling to work out the various ages of Harry and Ginny's and Ron and Hermione's children in the epilogue, and therefore what year they were born, and when it was likely their parents got married. If anyone has given it any thought and has any clue, any help would be much appreciated.

~Hannah

A Cappella
    Lily is 9 years old, born 2008.
    Albus and Rose are 11 years old, born 2006.
    James is most likey 12 years old, born 2005.
    Hugo is probably 9 years old, born 2008.

The epilogue was set 19 years later in 2017, so those are my estimates.

Jo Rowling said that Harry and Ginny and Ron and Hermione waited a while before having children, so there's a lot of guesswork as to when they actually married. Maybe they got married around the year 2000?

Flobberworm93
    I couldn't find my book , so I googled it and found something on wikipedia. This isn't solid fact, but I think it's safe enough

Albus is 11 (but we already know that)
    James is at least 13 (because he knows about the theastrals, and they don't take the carriages first year)
    Although it is possible that he is anything from 13 to 17 years of age at the end of the book, his attitudes suggest that he is not much older than his siblings.
    So I'd go with 13
    Lily is 10 (I'm not quite sure of this one, but I'm pretty sure)

Rose is 11.
    Hugo is younger, about Lily's age, so I would go with 10

EDIT: oops I didn't see someone already answered it. Yeah, I would go with A_Capella's

h_vic
    Thanks!

I've got what I needed now - mods feel free to lock and grave.