Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Regulus Black

harrypotterfangirl21

Regulus Black

I'm working on a fic centering around my OC, who is dating Regulus Black in their seventh year at Hogwarts. However, I need some help with developing his character:

- By his seventh year, was he a Death Eater? Or was he just planning to join them?

- Did he ever wonder if maybe, just maybe, Voldemort could be wrong about wanting Muggleborns/Muggles dead?

- When was his birthday? (Odd, I know. But I need it, if anyone has it.)

I think that's about all the questions I've got...

Free Chocolate Frogs to all who help!

*straightens neatly-stacked mounds of Chocolate Frogs*

- Katie

TCole
    I read a fic on this site that had Regulus in it, and I think they said that he joined the Death Eaters when he was 16. I'm just guessing that it is correct, seeing as how it is in the story, and was accepted.
    That's the only thing I can help with though. Sorry. Hope that helps though!

megan_lupin
    According to the Black Family Tree, Regulus was born in 1961 and died in 1979. In the chapter, "Kreacher's Tale" of DH, Kreacher says that Regulus joined Voldemort when he was sixteen, though he had talked about it for awhile. So, yes, in his seventh year, he would already be a Death Eater.

A specific month and day aren't known for his birthday, so anywhere in 1961 is available, really.

As for him becoming disillusioned with Voldemort and Muggle-born killing, etc. It's possible; there's nothing in canon that contradicts it, though some things might support it. HOWEVER, I don't think he'd go completely into a Gryffindor-type mindset, just that he might have started to feel the Dark Lord's methods were a bit extreme.

I think Regulus would still hold to a pureblood supremacy outlook, but start to feel that perhaps exterminating all the Muggles and Muggle-borns was a bit much.

~Megan

harrypotterfangirl21
    Thank you, TCole and megan_lupin, for your help!

*tosses each a few Chocolate Frogs*

If anyone else has anything about Regulus to ask about/add here, feel free.

- Katie

ron_chaser

Rab

Well it looks like you have the birthday and age of death eater, but as far as his feeling towards Voldemort's ways, I think that in the back of his mind he knew it was extreme. He did end up trying to stop him, so it must have rooted back somewhere. He shows a concern for Kreacher, so it shows that he does not feel total superiority towards other magical creatures. This would probably mean that he was not totally pure-blood centered, but he did grow up with this notion planted in him. So basically I think that he definitely questioned Voldemort's ways in his time of being a Death Eater, he probably became one just to follow the family and to gain some power. I don't think that his heart was in it. I guess that's what I think, I hope that helps rather than make it more complicated!

Christina

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    does anyone know who Regulus' friends would have been in his 6th year at Hogwarts, like specific names? or if he had any? Any help would be amazing, loves, thanks in advance!

~nikki
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

cmwinters
    POSSIBLY Barty Crouch, Junior, who was eighteen when the Dark Lord fell in 1981, and therefore was born no earlier than November 1963, and maybe the Carrows. Apart from that, we don't really know. The oldest crowd of Death Eaters (the eldest Lestrange, Avery Senior, Evan Rosier's father) had children who became Snape's contemporaries, more or less (Avery, Rookwood, the Lestranges, Evan Rosier, MacNair, Mulciber) are all Snape's age or older, and honestly it seems that Regulus was kind of unusual for having joined the Death Eaters so young. So anyone who was in his age group that was likely to join appears to have not actually done so, until perhaps after the ressurrection.

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    What about Rabastan Lestrange, Rodolphus's brother? I couldn't find the years that he was at Hogwarts, so could I possibly make him a 7th yer during Regulus' 6th, along with Avery, Macnair, and Evan Rosier? Or would he and Macnair have graduated already by 1977?
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

PadfootnPeeves
    Hm, well, everyone sort of answered your questions! I'm guessing he did have a guilty conscience (especially after what happened to Kreacher), and he probably did know that what he was doing was wrong, but was most likely to scared to admit it. What's your OC's name? And what's the fic rated?

cmwinters
    Quote Originally Posted by fg_weasley
    What about Rabastan Lestrange, Rodolphus's brother? I couldn't find the years that he was at Hogwarts, so could I possibly make him a 7th yer during Regulus' 6th, along with Avery, Macnair, and Evan Rosier? Or would he and Macnair have graduated already by 1977?
    We don't know their dates of birth or schooling for sure, so yes, you can use that.