Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bill Weasley

cmwinters
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowyn89
    Bill does a lot of undercover work, therefore I can see him being a very secretive person. That could come out to haunt him later in life if he feels he cannot confide in anyone, or has a tendency to be distant from everyone else.
    He does? Where? I know *LUPIN* was undercover, but Bill was a cursebreaker.

I also see Bill as being an adventurous character. He has a ponytail, earring, and probably some shiny black leather hidden away somewhere Perhaps his adventurous ways could be too much for someone who wants to settle down and have a family.
    Er, by the time we meet him in HBP, he's 26 years old, and moves back to England (from Egypt) to be closer to his family and his love interest, whom he later has three children with?

Another flaw I have seen in Bill is that he is easily "dupped". He seems sensible, but he still managed to be reeled in by Fleur, who we all know is probably not the best match in the world for him. Even though his family clearly dislikes her in the beginning, Bill takes no notice.
    Um, no. He took notice, he just didn't choose to abide their prejudices. Molly didn't like Fleur because she was privileged and French, and taking away her baby. The rest of the family didn't like Fleur because they saw her as shallow and stuck up (entirely due to her looks, I might add), although Fleur herself never really behaved that way. She's a bit standoffish, but for Salazar's sake, Ron trips over his own tongue drooling at her and trying to kiss her every time she's within 500 yards of him. (Mind you, this is his brother's fiancee.) She simply ignored that, instead of publically castigating him. I, personally, would have told him to grow up and get a life and quit acting like such a perverted animal with no self-control.

We never see Fleur being anything other than 100% loyal to Bill, and the entire Weasley family sold Fleur short . . . with the exception of Bill.

He is also reckless. That is how he got injured by Greyback in the first place. He rushed into the battle without having a certain gameplan to go on. You can probably find many more negative characteristics - Bill is only human, but that is what I noticed.
    I beg to differ. I wouldn't call rushing in to Hogwarts when there was a werewolf known to be a child predator on the prowl in a building full of children "reckless". I call it "knowing that now is not the time to sit back and plan, it is time to act and rely on one's reflexes and training."

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    I have a question about right after Bill was bitten by Greyback.

Once he was released from the Hospital Wing, would he have gone right back to work for the Order?
    In my story, I have him returning to the Burrow when he is released, would Molly and Fleur tried to stop him from contiuing his work with the Order? Would they have tried to get him to take a few weeks off?
    What about his job at Gringotts? How would they have reacted to his returning to work there? Again, would they have asked him to take some time off?

Would he have wanted to take time off from either, or would he have wanted to go right back to work for both?

Thanks for your thoughts. The link to the prologue for this story is in my signature.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

cmwinters
    Quote Originally Posted by mudbloodproud
    Once he was released from the Hospital Wing, would he have gone right back to work for the Order?
    Er, I think it would have depended on what Madam Pomfrey told him, as well as the phase of the moon. I could see him liasing for a month, to figure out how differently he's going to be affected, but not much more.

In my story, I have him returning to the Burrow when he is released, would Molly and Fleur tried to stop him from contiuing his work with the Order?
    ENTIRELY? Absolutely not. For convalescence, yes. They may even try to press him to relax longer than he would have normally, but remember, they got out of school sometime between the first and third week fo June, and Bill & Fleur got married at the end of July that same year, so it's *entirely possible* that he spent that time healing and preparing for the wedding.

Would they have tried to get him to take a few weeks off?
    Possibly, yes. And with his imminent nuptials, he probably would have listened. Otherwise, I doubt he would have, which *may* have been part of why they rushed the wedding like that.

What about his job at Gringotts? How would they have reacted to his returning to work there? Again, would they have asked him to take some time off?
    I imagine he'd have been entitled to some convalescent leave, during which time they would not have expected him to return. He was probably also entitled to some personal leave time, and if he'd built up any vacation, it's entirely possible he could have taken six weeks of convalescent leave, a week of personal leave, a week of "family leave" due to the wedding and another three weeks of personal leave, for example, all without incurring any problems.

Would he have wanted to take time off from either, or would he have wanted to go right back to work for both?
    I think Fleur is pretty important to him so he'd have wanted to do right by her, and wanted to do right by his family (not only his children but also his parents and siblings), and he probably would have cautioned himself in the first month at least to get used to being an almost-werewolf.

Eowyn89
    Originally Posted by cmwinters
    He does? Where? I know *LUPIN* was undercover, but Bill was a cursebreaker.
    That's what I meant to say CM XD

Originally Posted by cmwinters
    Er, by the time we meet him in HBP, he's 26 years old, and moves back to England (from Egypt) to be closer to his family and his love interest, whom he later has three children with?
    The author didn't specify the exact timeframe they were writing in so I took it to mean before he was even interested in Fleur. Having an earring and ponytail that his mum clearly disproves of doesn't strike you as adventurous or at least rebellious?

~Katie

cmwinters
    The author didn't specify the exact timeframe they were writing in so I took it to mean before he was even interested in Fleur. Having an earring and ponytail that his mum clearly disproves of doesn't strike you as adventurous or at least rebellious?
    Not me, not really, no. It strikes me as a man who knows what is right FOR HIM and isn't going to be cossetted into something that is inappropriate for him. It strikes me as a man of confidence and with a backbone.

It's his hair, and his ear. He has to wake up every day and look his face in the mirror . . . not Molly.

bluexroses
    Another flaw I have seen in Bill is that he is easily "dupped". He seems sensible, but he still managed to be reeled in by Fleur, who we all know is probably not the best match in the world for him. Even though his family clearly dislikes her in the beginning, Bill takes no notice.

He is also reckless. That is how he got injured by Greyback in the first place. He rushed into the battle without having a certain gameplan to go on. You can probably find many more negative characteristics - Bill is only human, but that is what I noticed.
    I'd have to disagree here. How much do we really know about Fleur? or Bill for that matter? They could easily be each others' perfect match. Bill is obviously very independent, and I think Fleur can give him that space without being completely detached. Bill is not one to be influenced by other people's (slightly prejudiced) views. I don't think he is reckless. Adventurous, yes, but not reckless. True, he didn't have a plan, but he knew exactly what he was getting into when he decided to fight, just like ALL of the other Order members. I certainly wouldn't call the rest of them reckless.

I have to agree more with CM on this one. Dressing in a way that your mother doesn't approve of can easily be seen as rebellious, but Bill dresses that way because that's how he wants to look. He does not go out of his way to wear certain things simply to annoy his mother. Bill is a confident man who knows who he is, and if that happens to clash with his mother's views, well then that's just too bad.

I think he would take time off at least until his wedding to completely heal and get his bearings. In this one instance he would probably listen to Molly and Fleur and rest at home.

~Ayesha

taltalz

A Bill-Fleur One-Shot

I'm working on a one-shot mainly centered around Bill and Fleur which takes place during DH and I was wondering about people's opinions on the following questions:

How would Bill (and Fleur) act during the war, with the knowledge that the trio are on the run and the Death Eaters are taking over?

How would they relate to each other?

How would they individually act and show their feelings towards what is going on?

What kind of lifestyle do you think they would have DURING the war? (Keeping in mind that it isn't a normal one).

How do you see them playing the part of Husband-And-Wife?

Thanks a million!

Merlynne
    I've always taken Bill to be very level-headed in his confidence. I think after his injury, despite perhaps wanting to go back, he would have rested until it was safe for his health to return. I don't think they'd have to chain him to his bed to stay home, because I seem him as being quite reasonable.

As for the rebellious qualities, I see it less of a rebellion and more of a style. Perhaps he simply liked the look; liked the air of danger and cool, and therefore chose the style. The way someone dresses only reflects a small portion of their personality. Perhaps he values rebellion and adventure, but knows better than to pursue it recklessly. He was secure enough in himself to simply shrug off his mother's criticisms about the hair and the earring, rather than going up in arms and telling her she had no right to criticize him. Remember, he is working at a BANK. Obviously, he can't be a long hair earringed punk. His employers tolerate his appearance (even though perhaps he's not as clean cut looking as they'd like), probably because he does a good job and he's NOT a ruffian who's completely rebellious.

As for Fleur's Veela-ism playing a factor in their relationship, I don't doubt it was initially a major reason for his interest in her, but he's a smart boy, (former Head Boy), and I don't think he'd marry someone just for their looks. She comes from a normal family, too, despite her Veela blood, her father was average. If her mother can fall in love with a normal man, so can the daughter? Just because she's beautiful, doesn't make her shallow. She likely loved him for more than his "cool" hair and earring, and as he got to know her, I don't doubt that he found more things to love about her. Beauty is only skin deep, and as soon as you go past that first encounter and start to get to know someone, everything else comes into focus and beauty becomes less of a factor.

Yes, recklessness is a Gryffindor trait, but I don't see him as being like Sirius. HE was reckless, but Sirius was never made Head Boy. Neither was Harry, another reckless Gryffindor. I don't think they'd put someone reckless in a position of authority at Hogwarts, but rather a voice of reason for the reckless ones to listen to. We have almost no evidence at all pointing toward Bill being reckless (and only a little more proving that he wasn't, but we like to take what we can )

cmwinters
    Please let's remember that Bill Weasley was Head Boy and received twelve OUTSTANDING OWLs.

This is not some pretty-boy fly-by-night charismatic shallow boy. This is an intelligent, gifted, dedicated and AMBITIOUS man.

However, he is also independent and confident with a strong sense of morality. He didn't ask his parents' permission to join the Order, he just joined it. He's an adult and he did what he thought was right.

Granted, Molly and Arthur are already predisposed to thinking of him like an adult because he's the oldest, and also because he's been away from home the longest. But at the time of his marriage he is almost twenty-seven years old. He is hardly holding onto his mother's apron-strings.

I see his relationship with Fleur being passionate in many ways (not just physical) and intense. She was a Tri-Wizard Champion and no shrinking wallflower herself. But they are also very very dedicated to their families. However, in the beginning they will have the newness of newlywed love and probably be VERY physical.

I rather suspect their relationship is one where it is always "ON", where "on" can be good or bad, happy or angry, passionate or furious, but not so much of the "in-between".

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Alright, this question ties into Fleur too. Does anyone have any guesses to what Bill's Patronus form would be? Fleur's would probably be something related because she is so devoted to him.

Does anyone have any guesses?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!