Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bill Weasley

tbsbooboo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan The Wizard
    Your response raises another question CM.

What sort of subjects would be taught by Mrs. Weasley to her children. Would she teach them maths and english? Or would they learn about wizarding world topics?

That is a really good question. I think that she would teach a very well rounded education to her children. So I think that math and english would be in there somewhere. I mean look at her kids, half of them are prefects and most of them got great scores in school. I think she taught them well!

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldnít Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    I am writing a short chaptered fic about Bill. I would like some thoughts on a few things.

1. How do you think Bill mentally reacted to being bitten by Fenrir Greyback?

2. Would he have tried to push Fleur away? We know how she reacted to his face, but once he saw himself, how would he have reacted?

3. How much did he worry over the fact he could be a werewolf? I figure Remus probably helped him there, but would talking to Remus have been enough to allay his fears? Or would he have hidden himself away at the approaching full moon just in case.

4. Where would he have gone once realeased from the Hospital Wing? To the Burrow? Or to where he was living in London?

5. Where did he live in London? Has there been anything written in canon as to where he lived while working at Gringotts?

Thanks for you help.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Calico2
    In response to mudbloodproud's questions:

Bill was probably calmer about being bitten then a lot of people would be, based on his general level of coolness, although internally it must have been a different story. I'm sure that in his head he was freaking out, at least at first. I don't know how anyone could go through something like that and not be emotionally scarred as well as physically.

I can't see Bill pushing Fleur away, at least not after hearing her opinion (was he conscious during Fleur's speech to Mrs. Weasley in the Hospital Wing?). Bill would likely have been proud of Fleur for her choice, and definitely glad of more proof that she wasn't just marrying him for his looks. But I think if Fleur reacted in some way each time she saw Bill after the accident (which she probably would, initially), even if only for an instant, it would hurt him, even though he wouldn't say anything. He might consider trying to leave Fleur, in a Remus-Tonks-esque way, but I don't think he'd go through with it.

Talking to Remus about whether or not he was a werewolf would not be enough, because Bill's circumstances were totally different. As for hiding himself away at the first full moon, he definitely would; he would never put his loved ones in danger if there was the slightest chance of him transforming.

I'd think that after such a traumatic experience Bill would want to go with his family to the Burrow. He probably wouldn't be able to work for a while anyway, so there'd be no point staying in London. I think he'd also want to get away from the public eye for a bit. I don't think anything cannon has been written about Bill's living space during his career at Gringotts. It's basically implied that he lives away from home, and that's it. It seems you have the freedom to make up his location.

Hope my ideas/ramblings help with your story!

-Calico

Merlynne
    1. How do you think Bill mentally reacted to being bitten by Fenrir Greyback?
    I think this is probably the first absolutely horrible thing to have happened to Bill in his life. We know Ron's been through a lot of the same things as Harry, and Ginny had the Chamber of Secrets, but Bill seemed to live a successful, non-damaged life. It likely would have caught him completely off guard, and I don't think he'd have ever gotten over his disfigurement without Fleur's nonchalance and support. As far as we know, he's never had to get over a life-changing incident before, and I think in the wake of this even he would lean heavily on Fleur and his family for support and convincing that this injury was not going to destroy his life. I believe that he was fairly good looking before (there's nothing to say he wasn't, and his coolness and impression on Fleur imply that he was fairly handsome.) Our faces are part of who we are, they are what we present to the world, and I think having this face destroyed would be quite damaging to one's mental image and confidence in public.

2. Would he have tried to push Fleur away? We know how she reacted to his face, but once he saw himself, how would he have reacted?

I think Bill would have been very shocked and disgusted by himself. I don't think he'd necessarily try and push Fleur away, but I do think their relationship would change somewhat or at least be put on hold until Bill could come to terms with the possibility that Fleur still could love him without his pretty face. Even after she declares it in the Hospital Wing, Bill probably had to take a while to believe and resound it, and finally be comfortable in his new, mangled skin around her. I think he'd mostly be shocked by his newfound mortality. Before, I've got a feeling he felt pretty invincible, what with his curse breaking, and all his success at Hogwarts.

3. How much did he worry over the fact he could be a werewolf? I figure Remus probably helped him there, but would talking to Remus have been enough to allay his fears? Or would he have hidden himself away at the approaching full moon just in case.
    I don't think Bill was ever worried that he could become a werewold; the Healers made that rather clear from the start, but I do think he would have felt very violated; like someone had put a parasite inside of him that controlled certain aspects of his life. Being near Remus would probably have inspired him and given him strength: if this man can live with the whole deal, that he can at least live with the soft side effects. I don't think Bill would hide himself away "just in case" during the whole moon, just because he seems too practical to doubt the words of experts, and after a few months he'd come to see that what they'd said was true, but I think he would be forever humbled by the moon, at how close he had come, and he would be always aware that during the full moon, somewhere out there, there were werewolves like Greyback, and ones like what he almost was, or like Remus.

4. Where would he have gone once realeased from the Hospital Wing? To the Burrow? Or to where he was living in London?
    Probably the Burrow. I don't think Molly would let him out of her sight until every last bandage came off, and even then for a while. As I mentioned, I think Bill would rely on his family for a while, and I think the last thing he'd have wanted would be to be in London, a city full of people who could see his face.

5. Where did he live in London? Has there been anything written in canon as to where he lived while working at Gringotts?
    Probably a small flat, or staff residence, but really it's up to you, like Calico said. Probably somplace small and temporary, as he and Fleur, once married, move to Shell Cottage. A bachelor pad, likely.

First Year Hufflepuff
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives
    Chatting with Harry and Hermione by the lake
    I too am writing a chaptered fic on Bill (same class, Terri! ) but my questions are of a different nature. I'd like to talk about Bill when he was younger, between the ages of about 7 and 18.

How do you see Bill and Charlie's relationship? As just brothers or more like best friends?

Do you think Bill and Percy got along? How far do you think one could push their boundaries? For some reason, I see Bill as tolerant of Percy, but speaking once he got sick of the pompous attitude. Do you agree?

How close do you see Bill and Ginny? A light relationship or someone she would tell absolutely everything when she was younger?

How do you think Mr and Mrs Weasley handled Bill going to Egypt?

All comments are apreciated. Thank you!
    Unexpected hiatus. Will be on unpredictably.

Avvie from photobucket and banner by the wonderful Hallie/BeauitfulDreamer07

"It is our choices, Harry, that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities."
    Albus Dumbledore

cmwinters
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo_dolphin2394
    I'd like to talk about Bill when he was younger, between the ages of about 7 and 18.

How do you see Bill and Charlie's relationship? As just brothers or more like best friends?[/color]
    I think they were probably very close and very competitive as youngsters; Bill more the academic one, Charlie more the athletic one, not just because of nature, but nurture. I think Bill, being the eldest, was probably strongly pushed to academic excellence by his parents; particularly in the beginning, when there weren't *AS MANY* of them.

I think they got up to all kinds of hijinks, although not as bad as the twins. So I think at little of both, although I don't know I'd go so far as to say best friends, but definitely very good friends.

I know I read an excellent essay somewhere (I thought it was the Lexicon, but I cannot find it) that goes into rather explicit details about the individual Weasley children and what their childhoods were mostly like. A big part of that essay was that Percy, being the "middle child", probably got kind of pushed aside, but I know it had information on Bill & Charlie as well. If anyone else finds it, can you post it?

Do you think Bill and Percy got along? How far do you think one could push their boundaries? For some reason, I see Bill as tolerant of Percy, but speaking once he got sick of the pompous attitude. Do you agree?
    I think Percy was a little too academic for the elder boys to really relate to, but I don't think Percy was quite as pompous around the older tow. I think that pomposity was born once the elder two were in school, leaving Percy the effectively eldest brother (at least, at home). And what with Ron the slacker and Fred & George being pranksters, he probably felt like it was his responsibility to set a good example.

How close do you see Bill and Ginny? A light relationship or someone she would tell absolutely everything when she was younger?
    Er. . . Ginny had just turned one when Bill left for school, and then he was gone 10 months a year until she was not quite seven, by which point he left the country. They were probably mostly strangers, to be honest. Their relationship could not possibly have been any closer than what time he spent home on the holidays (which would have been spread out amongst the ENTIRE family, plus his own interests), and whatever letters they wrote, which probably didn't start happening until Ginny was *at least* five.

How do you think Mr and Mrs Weasley handled Bill going to Egypt?
    I think Arthur probably thought it was fantastic, but I also think he'd have been slightly envious because Bill could theoretically investigate all sorts of Muggle things that Arthur couldn't. Molly, I think, was probably proud but quite tearful that he was going to be so far away that he couldn't come home for dinner each night.

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldnít Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    I believe the link you are looking for is the following one posted a while back by AurorKeefy.

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/essays/ess...-dynamics.html

I have read this article, I agree it is a must read for anyone doing a story on any of the Weasley children.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Orchideous
    I know I read an excellent essay somewhere (I thought it was the Lexicon, but I cannot find it) that goes into rather explicit details about the individual Weasley children and what their childhoods were mostly like. A big part of that essay was that Percy, being the "middle child", probably got kind of pushed aside, but I know it had information on Bill & Charlie as well. If anyone else finds it, can you post it?
    I believe this is the essay you were referring to: "...and I Grew Up With Percy...". It IS on the Lexicon, and an absolute must-read for anyone writing about the Weasleys. Though a lot of it is guesswork, it is very well-thought-out and very appropriate.

I definitely agree with cmwinters' thoughts on the matter. A lot of fics portray the two as having a very close relationship, but I don't think they really got to know one another until Ginny was in Hogwarts. Bill was gone for most of her childhood, either at Hogwarts or Gringotts. He probably had a soft spot for his baby sister, but so did everyone in the family, her being the only girl and the youngest child! I imagine she was closer to Fred and George, and most likely Ron- being so close in age they were probably lumped together while toddlers (see the above essay for better input on this).

I think that Percy looked up to Bill. He is the only other sibling to have been Prefect, Head Boy and to have gotten 12 OWLS. I think that when Percy was young he looked up to Bill's position as the oldest, and therefore the most responsible and most "grown-up" of the Weasley siblings. Being a bit pompous and ambitious, even at a young age, he probably admired how Bill handled leadership and how much trust adults placed in him.

As for Bill, he was probably proud of Percy at first- while I think he was mischievous himself, Fred and George's antics could drive anyone past the breaking point- but once the latter started putting more stock in his career and his boss than in his family, Bill became a little exasperated and later angry.

-Maria

bluexroses
    Since we don't see much of Bill, we don't really see any bad qualities. What do you think would be some of his more negative traits (pre-werewolf attack)? Would he be selfish? or maybe aloof?

~Ayesha

Eowyn89
    Bill does a lot of undercover work, therefore I can see him being a very secretive person. That could come out to haunt him later in life if he feels he cannot confide in anyone, or has a tendency to be distant from everyone else.

I also see Bill as being an adventurous character. He has a ponytail, earring, and probably some shiny black leather hidden away somewhere Perhaps his adventurous ways could be too much for someone who wants to settle down and have a family.

Another flaw I have seen in Bill is that he is easily "dupped". He seems sensible, but he still managed to be reeled in by Fleur, who we all know is probably not the best match in the world for him. Even though his family clearly dislikes her in the beginning, Bill takes no notice.

He is also reckless. That is how he got injured by Greyback in the first place. He rushed into the battle without having a certain gameplan to go on. You can probably find many more negative characteristics - Bill is only human, but that is what I noticed.

I hope I helped! Good luck!

~Katie