Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator- Number Twelve

Potterphile12
    Quote Originally Posted by choco_holic
    This is just something I've been VERY curious about...sometimes, there's a story I want to go back and look at, but then I can't find it anymore. Obviously it's deleted, but what I'm wondering is: do the authors delete stories themselves, or do the mods have some kind of story-deleting-criteria?
    Sometimes authors delete stories themselves. The mods don't delete stories unless there are extreme extenuating circumstances.

x_lily_evans_x
    Hello! I'm sorry if the following question has already been asked before, but I did an advanced search and couldn't find anything on it. Anyway, I remember reading that it is possible to submit two different stories at one time, only if the stories belong to different categories. Under the Romance category, there are many subcategories (different pairings). So could I submit, say, one James/Lily story and one Other Pairing story at the same time? Thanks in advance!

mavis

EDIT: Thanks, Roxy Black!

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    x_lily_evans_x - I think Beth misread your question. Yes, you may post two different stories to different categories but you cannot submit the same story to two categories.
    So you may post one fiction to James/Lily and another to Other Pairing but not the same story to both.

Beth's edit: Thanks Rosie. I did misread it

CakeorDeath
    My fic was refused for formating erors. Could you please explain how to format it properly?
    Cheers in advance

songbook99
    CakeorDeath, I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but formatting help can be found by clicking on the 'Help' link on the main archive and then clicking in 'Formatting Submissions.' Here is a link to that page: Formatting Help

If it is just the general format of a submission you need to know about, here is what is generally required:
    • A space between each paragraph
    • A new paragraph any time the character speaking changes
    • All book, newspaper, and magazine titles need to be in italics
    • All spells being cast need to be in italics
    • All characters' thoughts need to be in italics

There may be other specific formatting problems that you were having that you will need to contact the moderator who rejected your submission to get details on.

6. 10-20-2007, 01:47 AM

7. 10-21-2007, 12:26 AM

8. 10-21-2007, 03:35 AM

potter-loving-jew
    Hey,

I accidentaly posted twice on a thread, and it won't let me delete the first post. Could one of you please delete it? It's in 'Solomelyswear_x's beta thread in the beta guild.

Thanks!

myownmuggle
    potter-loving-jew: I have deleted your duplicate post. In the future, you should PM the mod of that particular forum if you need something deleted.

11. 10-22-2007, 09:27 PM

12. 10-24-2007, 01:21 AM

Marauder by Midnight
    mandymuggle - Your story did not disappear. It still shows up when I search your username. Maybe your chapter was rejected.

padfoot_returns
    Is there a place where we can put up our banner just so people can review them, but not a thread so people can request and whatever? Thanks!

xxPaddy

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    Paddy, you can sign up to be a part of Critique Galore in the banner forum. There you are given a challenge and accomplished BA members will critique your work. Otherwise, no.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

16. 10-28-2007, 06:40 AM