Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Ask a Moderator- Number Twelve

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    I lost my house five points for wrong title in the Excerpts of Murtlap section. I'm sorry! Could you please tell me if there's a way to change it.

Padfoot Patronus

"Same story, different versions, and all are true."
    - Tia Dalma, Pirates of the Caribbean II

Lovely banner by ze bean and avatar from the brilliant
    LJ home of mrserinreynolds

deviantART page here

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    Sorry Akay, you're stuck on this one. Points are lost for rule breaking. The only way to "fix" it is to not do it again, and try to post helpful, thoughout discussions to try to earn points back.

EDIT: Thanks Rosie, dear - didn't really understand the whole question, I suppose.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    Akay ~ If you meant fix the title of your thread, please read the edit in the red type at the bottom of your post in the EoM. Josh asks you to contact him to change the title.

harry_victoria
    When I submitted my story into the queue, it got rejected because of 'odd random breaks'. What does that mean, moddies?

myownmuggle
    harry_victoria: Typically, that means that there are either stray <br> tags or extra carriage returns.

padfootsgirl1981
    Hi! I hope this hasn't been asked before, nothing came up when I searched, but if characters get drunk in one chapter of my story do I have to add a Substance Abuse warning? And if I do do I have to have a warning for the entire story? Or can I just mention it at the beginning of the chapter?

Thanks in advance.

h_vic
    Quick question, because I couldn't find an answer to this specific situation in the earlier threads - I'm writing a story where a character contemplates suicide, but whether or not he carries through with it is left unresolved at the end of the story, do I still need a suicide warning on there even though he doesn't necessarily act on the impulse? I'm assuming I probably do, but I thought I should check.

Thanks,

~Hannah

EDIT: Thanks, Beth, I figured that I probably would.

Marauder by Midnight
    padfootsgirl1981 - Yes, you would need a Substance Abuse warning even if it happens only one time.

h vic - Yes, you would need a Suicide warning since it is up to the reader to decide whether the character actually did it or not.

James Jameson
    Hi! I was thinking of starting an in-house challenge... am I allowed to do that?

~*~ Christine the Hufflepuff

songbook99
    James Jameson, you will need to contact your Head of House and Prefect about starting an in-house challenge. It is up to them whether or not you will be able to.