Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator- Number Twelve

Snape's Talon
    ix3thehpseries: The question of signatures has been answered many times. Go here.

Potterphile12
    Just a note to anyone posting questions in this thread.

Please, please go through the old thread before asking a question. Yes, there are A LOT of threads but if you use the search function, you'll probably find what you're looking for. Also, check the FAQ beforehand. It wastes everyone's time when the same question is asked over and over again.

Thank you.

Unregistered

A few questions about fanfiction submissions

When starting a new story there are the options for warnings, are those warning going to be shown for the entire story, or just for the specific chapter you're submitting with the story to start it off? I was wondering this because there is really only one warning I need for the first chapter if the warnings only refer to the chapter but if they refer to the whole story in general then there a few more I need to add. I figured it was just the chapter but I wanted to be sure.

Another thing: Is it possible to create a series or do you just have to put a series name in the title and colon in the book title?

StormySkies

quick question

When submitting a new story, are the warnings for the whole story in general or just for the chapter that you're submitting to start of the new story?

5. 11-06-2007, 03:22 AM

Marauder by Midnight
    Unregistered and StormySkies - The warnings will apply to the entire story. You can make a note that that particular warning applies to only one chapter, as some people show by marking in the summary, "Warnings for later chapters."

And no, the series function was disabled on MNFF since several people abused the option. Sorry.

7. 11-07-2007, 11:19 AM

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills

validated authors

Hi,

well, several weeks ago, i was flicking through the rules Jan set for the Autumn Challenge, and below is something she said.

If you are a validated author (this means that your stories do not enter the queue but are posted straight to the archive) then please PM me if you submit an entry. If you are unsure whether you are validated or not, then you aren't validated. Please do not PM with questions about this.
    my question is: how do authors qualify to become 'validated' and what other perks do validated authors have?

thanks,

Akay

"Same story, different versions, and all are true."
    - Tia Dalma, Pirates of the Caribbean II

Lovely banner by ze bean and avatar from the brilliant
    LJ home of mrserinreynolds

deviantART page here

Marauder by Midnight
    Padfoot Patronus - Validated Authors, when they submit their stories to the queue, immediately skip the wait and have their stories immediately validated. Pretty much the perk moderators have. To qualify for one, your submissions have to stand out in the eyes of several moderators enough for them to bring your name up and vote if you should be a validated author or not. There are only a few on the database, but we are constantly bringing up names and voting

LunarEclipse

Just wondering

I submitted a chapter of my first story, and it's been about a week now. Should I resubmitt, or just keep waiting?

harrypotterfangirl21
    I've just created a beta-ing thread, and am having some problems with it. Everytime someone besides me posts in this thread, their post is deleted. I've replied to posts that have been deleted, and I keep getting Notification Emails listing new posts; but when I go to the thread, the posts aren't there.

The thread is here, if anyone can help fix this.

- Katie

Marauder by Midnight
    harrypotterfan21 - Their posts had been deleted since they did not follow the forum rules.