Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator- Number Twelve

songbook99
    Rita Skeeter, the problem has been taken care of. Your Prologue is at the beginning of your story and it appears that the rest of it follows in the correct order.

Just Beyond the Veil
    One of the authors I beta for has been trying to get an account on MNFF, but she never gets the email with her password. She uses AOL email, but I don't think that one works with MuggleNet. I told her so, and she used her other email account through the school that she works for, but that one didn't work either. Does anyone know if there's something wrong or what kind of email she needs to get?

Thank you!
    ~Chelsea

songbook99
    Just Beyond the Veil, has the author checked to make sure that the MNFF emails aren't going into her Spam or Bulk folder. That could be one explanation for the problem. It it persists, have the author contact me at my staff email: Karin@fanfiction.mugglenet.com

ix3thehpseries
    Hi. I can't post my own thread, but I can post replies on other threads. Is there a reason for this? A box popped up that said:

ix3thehpseries, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I'm pretty sure that none of those have happened to me so, yeah, I'm really confused. Help?

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    ix3thehpseries - once you are sorted, you should be able to start threads in the appropriate forums. PM songbook99 for the quiz.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

TruGryf
    My corresponding author account (which is only used, so far, for reviews and viewing older-rated stories) got a fairly threatening sounding letter about leaving pre-validation reviews, saying that it slows up the validation of the story. How exactly is this possible? You're validating the story, not the reviews, after all.
    And why is it possible to leave a pre-validation review in the first place? There then exists no viable reason to link to an unvalidated chapter in the first place, so it shouldn't be listed.

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    Stories on a favorites list receive an email when a new chapter is submitted to the queue. If you click on a chapter and it does not appear, or appears with something to the effect of the story has not been validated, then you may NOT leave a review for that chapter. This is considered spam. EDIT: The exact phrase you will see for an unvalidated chapter is, "Access denied. This story has not been validated by the adminstrators of this site." Do not under any circumstances leave a review for this chapter until it is validated.
    Reviewers especially may not comment on the amount of time a story has been awaiting validation, encourage the mods to hurry up, or say mean things about anyone. These are serious offenses, which a user agrees not to do by agreeing to the site's terms of service. (And you may not have an account here without agreeing to those terms.)

Leaving reviews for a chapter that is not visible to the general public is breaking the rules.

It slows down the process because the mods have to spend time that would have otherwise been spent modding chapters deleting these (against the rules) reviews.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

Schmerg_The_Impaler
    Just curious-- in a story where a major character has a crush on and flirts with a professor, would that merit a student/teacher romance?

Because in my story, the teacher does not reciprocate the student's affections and finds him extremely annoying. It's all done for humour.

Think something like Hermione's crush on Lockhart, except the "Lockhart" is a female professor, and the "Hermione" is a really annoying seventeen year old boy with hormones out the wazoo.

harrypotterfangirl21
    Hello! I seem to be having a problem...

You see, I subscribe to my beta-ing thread (found HERE, if you need it) so I know when someone wants me as a beta.

I just got a standard email saying that someone replied to my thread, then it listed the message posted, how to unsubscribe, etc. But when I clicked on the link that took me to my thread, the new post wasn't there! I refreshed the page, tried the link again, logged out and back in to view the thread - but the post still isn't there!

Can someone please fix this?

- Katie

EDIT: Thanks, myownmuggle!

myownmuggle
    Schmerg: In this case, you would not need the Student/Teacher warning. As long as the pair is not acutally involved in a relationship, you should be fine. If you want to discuss specifics about parts of the story, contact me by PM.

harrypotterfangirl21: I am the one who deleted the post in question since I am the mod for that particular forum. The post itself was a recommendation for your services posted by someone for whom you betaed. Those comments must be posted in the Recommended Betas thread, not in the individual beta's threads. This is noted in the rules for that forum.