Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator- Number Twelve

James Jameson
    Just a question abut the BA.... where do people get the pictures to put n banners? Do they use google? I'm just curious.

Marauder by Midnight
    James Jameson - Questions like those do not belong in this thread. Please direct them to BA members and/or the BA moderators. The pictures can come from a variety of sources. There are digital stock photography sites, Google, actor/actresses fansites, etc.

AurorGirl101
    Hi Mods. I have a question on formatting.

With each chapter I submit, I make sure I have all my formatting and tags correct. When I press the preview button, everything is in order. But now that I look at it everythingisshmushedtogetherandtherearenoparagraph s. (Everything is shmushed together and there are no paragraphs) Is there something I'm doing or is it just a general glitch?

Thanks,

~Jessie

Second Year Gryffindor
    Beset by Owls
    I've got an odd question, inspired by a slightly odd plot bunny...is incest allowed on MNFF as long as it's given the proper warnings and rating? I didn't find anything that said it wasn't allowed - but I just wanted to be sure before I began to develop the idea more.

EDIT: Thank you, Julie, and sorry. I dunno how I didn't notice that...

myownmuggle
    BloodRayne: It is clearly stated in the submission rules that MNFF does not accept stories containing incest. The link to the submission rules is in my signature.

AurorGirl101: Jess, PM me your story info and I'll take a look at it. It could be a weird glitchy thing or something to do with the preview function.

Rita Skeeter
    Hi, my username on MNFF is Lady Knightly, and I have recently done some touching-up to all of my chapters on the fic titled "A Sleepwalk to Remember," plus adding a prologue, but now I am getting e-mails from people saying that they cannot access the story at all. I myself tried logging out and then attempting to get into the fic and was denied as well. It won't let me go to the 'chapters' screen--all that pops up is a sentence saying something like 'access denied not approved by a moderator'...which is usually for individual chapters, but there are something like 16 chapters up and approved right now.

So my main question is--what is going on? Is my problem because of replacing the chapters? Or because of the new prologue? What do I need to do to get my story back online?

Thank you so much for your time.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Lady Knightly - I logged out and had the same problem with accessing your story. The prologue is still in the queue and I would guess that since you submitted this new chapter and put it at the beginning, this is the problem affecting the entire piece. Hopefully it will resolve itself when the prologue is validated. As a mod, I can see your other chapters and their reviews so it is all still there. Please remember that prologues must be a minimum of 500 words. If you have any other questions, I'd suggest contacting the Hermione/Snape moderator.

8. 09-25-2007, 06:02 AM

Snape's Talon
    How long can an author's response to a review run over in the archives? Is there a word limit? Currently my response to a very well-worded, Spew-worthy review from a fellow 'Claw would qualify for submission as a chapter - it logs in at just over 1,300. I haven't try loading it yet.

(Ravenclaws = wordiness)

Edit: The word count keeps increasing as I find more things to say to the reviewer, and I have keep coming back and editing this post. Someone stop the vicious cycle!

*giggles*

Edit again: Thanks, Suya. Let me see if I blow up the review page.

Last edit: It worked!

Potterphile12
    Quote Originally Posted by Snape's Talon
    How long can an author's response to a review run over in the archives? Is there a word limit? Currently my response to a very well-worded, Spew-worthy review from a fellow 'Claw would qualify for submission as a chapter - it logs in at just over 1,300. I haven't try loading it yet.

(Ravenclaws = wordiness)

Edit: The word count keeps increasing as I find more things to say to the reviewer, and I have keep coming back and editing this post. Someone stop the vicious cycle!

*giggles*
    Sandy, I'm not sure if there's a word limit or not. My suggestion would be to see if the system lets you post it. If it does, then you're more than welcome to be as wordy as you'd like.

Rita Skeeter
    Hi, it's me again. My prologue was officially validated, but the problem still remains :/

I've also noticed something else. When I go into the edit mode and click on the prologue, the pull-down thingy that says which chapter it is, says that the prologue is actually Chapter 2. I have arranged and re-arranged the chapters to place it at the beginning, but nothing seems to work. I really want that prologue there, but I don't know what else to do!

Thank you for your time.