Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator- Number Twelve

joselle
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but it says questions, so I will ask this here.
    I have written a story about how George moves on with Fred's death, I am not so sure what category to place it in. I was thinking of Post-Hogwarts, though I am not sure.

*is editing out of gratitude*

EDIT: Thanks Marauder by Midnight (sorry, I don't know your real name)! I'll post my story as soon as I press the "save" button here.

Marauder by Midnight
    Joselle - It would work there or General. Or if it's sort of dark, it could go to Dark/Angsty.

Second Year Gryffindor
    Beset by Owls
    Hello,

I wanted to ask about the queue. Only, I've had a story in there for almost two weeks now. I know it's backed up, so I wanted to know how long I should wait before posting to the "I didn't get a rejection letter..." thread. Should I go now or wait a little longer?

Thanks to whomever will answer!

-Hadeer

EDIT: Oh, that's right. I knew that...sort of. The details got mixed up in my head somehow. Anyway, thanks, Rachel!

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

Hadeer - if you recieve an email telling you your story's been deleted or else you can't find it when you click 'manage stories', then it's been rejected. If the latter's the case, you may post in the rejection letter thread. If it hasn't been rejected [still in the 'manage stories'] you can give the mod of that cat a nudge if it's urgent that you get the fic up. If not, please be patient, we should be getting to your fic soon.

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

MissPurplePen
    I hope this is the appropriate place for this question, but if I'm submitting a fic that just mentions a death like Cedric's death in GoF or Dumbledore's death in HBP, do I need to put a "Character Death" warning on it?

Thanks!

-M

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

Mariah, if the death is actually shown, then yes, you do. If it's just mentioned, you don't need the warning.

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

nikkiolapotter
    Okay, let's say we write a songfic based on Kanye West's Stronger, using his exact lyrics:

I know I got to be right now
    Cause I can't get much wronger
    Will mods reject a fic using this, because it's grammatically incorrect, or would it make a difference because you're staying true to the lyrics?

myownmuggle
    nikkiolapotter: If you are writing a songfic, you must make sure that you properly cite the artist and song title. Song lyrics within the fic itself should be formatted in a way that they appear different than the standard text in your narrative. We're not judging your story on the grammar in the lyrics, but rather how they fit within the context of the story itself.

Schmerg_The_Impaler
    How do we know which moderator to contact if our story's been taking a long time in the queue? I ask this because I've gotten confirmation emails from about three different mods on this story.

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    Schmergo - PM me the details and I'll pass it on. Your fiction has probably gotten stuck in the queue and no-one's realised.