Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator ~ Lucky Number Thirteen

songbook99

Ask A Moderator ~ Lucky Number Thirteen

Please view our Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked. (These threads are searchable!)

[The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

Please, allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread.

If you have a question which doesn't need to be answered by moderators, please ask Dumbledore's Navy in the Check-In Desk.

bertiebott12
    *polishes new thread*

Is there a "Random Story" function on the main site? I have had a use for one, but don't know where it would be, if we even had one.

*Clairey Potter*

harrypotterfangirl21
    I have a one-shot coming up where a character is in a pretty severe depression -- considering suicide, abusing alcohol, etc. Would depression warrant me a Mental Disorders warning, or am I okay without one?

Thanks.

- Katie

Marauder by Midnight
    bertiebott12 - I'm not aware of a random story function on MNFF.

harrypotterfangirl12 - Yes, you will need a Mental Disorders and perhaps a Dubious Content warning as well.

missgiggles316
    everytime I try to go to certain stories on the main site, it says
    Access denied. This story has not been validated by the adminstrators of this site.
    There will be reviews on it so I know other people can get to it. And one was in Most Recent. What does it mean anyway? How do I read the story?

Snape's Talon
    missgiggles316: That there are reviews on a chapter/story does not necessarily mean it has been validated. The software allows for reviews on chapters still in the queue, although such activity is frowned upon and repeat offenders can find themselves in trouble.

This can also occur when a story is submitted, rejected and then subsequently re-submitted.

PM me the name of the story, and I will look into it for you, though.

songbook99
    missgiggles316, just to clarify, any story that shows the message you posted but has reviews is in violation of the Review Policy. Those reviews should be reported to the moderators so they can be removed. Users leaving reviews on unvalidated chapters will receive a warning unless they are repeat offenders, which may lead to account deletion.

babekitty_92
    I'm not sure if you can possibly help me but Mozilla Firefox AND internet explorer aren't letting on onto ANY of the Mugglenet sites. I've somehow just managed to get onto internet explorer.

I've tried deleting all cookies, passwords, browsing history, etc but it's not working. Yesterday it was playing up too but it worked for a little while.

Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Abbi

EDIT: Thanks Suya, I'll try that and see what happens!

Potterphile12
    Abbi:

Did you try reseting your internet security? Make sure it's set low enough to accept cookies. If it's not, it won't let you log in.

kathyhermy123
    I submitted a Humour Poetry fic, and am now wondering if there is any reason, other than spelling, grammar, OOC (which wouldn't matter in my case) and inappropriate material, that a poem would be rejected?

Thanks!

~Kathy