Thread: How would you describe Emma Watsons hair color; my character has the same color?

Hybrid View

amy4rupert

How would you describe Emma Watsons hair color; my character has the same color?

Heya, I'm currently writing a J/L fic but am having trouble describing Sirius' new girlfriend's hair color. How would you describe Emma's?

Ryan The Wizard
    Brownish with a few lighter tones. Like a bit of blonde and a bit of dark brown but mostly light brown.

untitlednine
    I'd say a light auburn brown with natural highlights.

isn't describing hair colour fun?

cmwinters
    I would say she has light brown hair. Too dark to be blonde, but it's not really properly "brown", because to me, "brown" is a bit darker.

Daniel Radcliffe has what I would call dark brown hair.

Indigoenigma
    I would call it sandy, or to use a really old and funny phrase - dishwater blonde.

~Kelly

twirlergirl583
    Dirty Blonde. (blah this message is too short so that's what this extra nonsense is for.)

Phoebe Gruzelieur
    If you wanted a short description, I'd say 'light brown'.

If you can be bothered to go into more detail, I'd say 'hair with streaks of every colour from plaitinum blonde to cheastnut'.

cmwinters
    Quote Originally Posted by amy4rupert
    Heya, I'm currently writing a J/L fic but am having trouble describing Sirius' new girlfriend's hair color. How would you describe Emma's?
    You could go to the store and look at the samples of hair colour, pick the colour you like, and use the description on the sample. I'm quite certain "dishwater blonde" is lighter than "dirty blonde" which is lighter than "light brown". Blonde, to me, implies YELLOW.