Thread: Voldemort's Propaganda

SiriuslyMental

Voldemort's Propaganda

I need some help with Ministry propaganda against Muggles and Mudbloods. I did some research on Nazi propaganda, since it fits most with Voldemort's Ministry's view on the Muggleborns and Muggles, and what I've come up with so far (in what I am writing, Voldemort drove Harry into hiding and his "revised" Ministry has got a lot more powerful than in the books):

The Muggle and Mudblood would be portrayed as monsters who preyed on innocent, Wizarding children. Maybe some illustrations of young Wizarding children (clearly indicated by their toy broomsticks and robes) being tricked by a group of monsterish-looking creatures that are meant to be Muggles, who will steal the magic from these children to become Mudbloods.

There might be a book on werewolves as well, and the threat they pose to normal Wizarding society. Werewolves would be shown as having long, snout-like noses and sharp teeth, pointed ears and coarse, unkempt hair like that of a wolf. The werewolves, too, would prey upon children.

Any other ideas? I specifically need to come up with some good names for propaganda story books. What kinds of titles would be catchy and make young readers want to read this propaganda?

cmwinters
    I think you're well served by finding and using the same Nazi propaganda material and then just warping it to fit your own use as that's pretty much what Rowling did.

Also, I have a drabble that I posted here (second drabble in the first post, called Pandora,) that you're welcome to use if you like:

http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/foru...ad.php?t=11347

Sev.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyMental
    Werewolves would be shown as having long, snout-like noses and sharp teeth, pointed ears and coarse, unkempt hair like that of a wolf.
    If that is part of the propaganda wouldn't it be wrong for Voldemort to keep Fenrir greyback in his services?

Sev.

P.S for the titles use aliteration; lots of books and paper headlines in the wizard world use LOTS of aliteration (and when I say LOTS I mean LOTS AND LOTS).

Stubbornly_appeared

Ooh, this is sick and twisted.

You want Nazi-propaganda-esque children's book titles? Creepy!

-Mad Milly Mudblood

-Watch Out for Walter Werewolf!

-Undesirables Aren't Fun

-Big, Bad Bloodtraitor Bill

-Pretty Polly Pureblood

*evil laughter* That was quite fun, actually....

-Stubby

SiriuslyMental
    Quote Originally Posted by Sev.
    If that is part of the propaganda wouldn't it be wrong for Voldemort to keep Fenrir greyback in his services?

Sev.

P.S for the titles use aliteration; lots of books and paper headlines in the wizard world use LOTS of aliteration (and when I say LOTS I mean LOTS AND LOTS).
    Voldemort never does anything for the right reasons.

Thanks everyone! (Stubby, those titles are amazing! lol)

Marauderette
    Hmmm. I remember reading Among the Free, and they had the population police go up and say things like "We had a huge delivery of food coming in but we didn't get it. It was stolen by a nasty pack of good fer nothing third children." or "My garden used to have lots of fruits and vegetables, and then over the night it was ruined. Third children came pounding into the night, and they took it all." It was very meaningful. Try using something like that.

Names.
    I can't think of any. Sorry.