Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Fandom Abbreviation Dictionary

Secret Seeker
    Well, I just wanted to write one which I was confused about when I can here. Though all the rest are already here...

Drabble: Short story around 100-600 words, though the word count varies.

I remembered another one, but i think it's only for the Gryffie tower. Not sure if the rest of the Houses have it. Anyway-

TWS: Three Word Story. Anyone can go and add three words to the story. You can post as many times as you want as long as there's no double posting. Just a little warning- It is VERY insane in there so be prepared. I know because I'm one of them . This applies to Gryffindor only. As I said, I don't know if the other houses have it.

Just Beyond the Veil
    Questions should really be directed to the Ask the Navy thread.

kate austin, The Good Ship is a nickname for the Ron/Hermione ship.

siriusly_insane, original fiction is just what it sounds like. It is a fictional story, but not fanfiction. The plot and characters are created by the author and not taken from another author's works.

Hope that helped you!
    ~Chelsea

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Oh, I can't believe nobody's come to explain what a squish is!

A squish is a really really tight bear hug, where you squish the air out of someone. Not for the faint of heart. But it's a fantastic cure for any type of sadness.

MWPP Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs!

BSRRITIHJFAAPB By Sweetest Rowena Ravenclaw I Think I Have Just Found An Amazing Plot Bunny!

Yeah, so I made that last one up.

Love Phia

(Avvie and banner by me, quote from Fancy, by John Keats)

Third Year Slytherin
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    TWT - TriWizard Tournament

Orange Crush - Harry/Ginny

Neither of these are used a lot on here, but they are used on other fan fiction sites and might be mentioned by other members.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class

AK

I was most perplexed when I first saw the use of "AK" in Harry Potter fandom. For instance, I read a sentence that went something like this...

"And so that Death Eater person used the AK on that Auror person..."

Naturally (for me, at least), I automatically thought it meant "Avtomat Kalashnikov." You could imagine how confused I was for the longest time, because I thought that people were talking about wizards shooting each other with AK-47s!

Well, I eventually figured out that it stood for Avada Kedavra.

Tim the Enchanter

mahogany_wand
    I have one that confused me for the longest time until someone in my Common Room cleared it up.

TQ= Topic Question

For example, in our common room, we had a TQ about which Harry Potter character we find the most attractive.

They can be lots of fun.

~M_W