Thread: Death Eaters in HBP Attack

Second Year Gryffindor
    Beset by Owls

Death Eaters in HBP Attack

Remember at the end of the sixth book, when Dumbledore was murdered, there was an outbreak of Death Eaters in the castle? Can somebody give me the names of ALL the Death Eaters that were there?

Just Beyond the Veil
    The Lexicon gave this list:

Draco Malfoy
    Alecto Carrow
    Amycus Carrow
    Fenrir Greyback
    Severus Snape
    heavy-faced DE
    enormous blonde wizard (I think we got his name in DH, but I can't remember.)
    Gibbon

Hope that helps!
    ~Chelsea

Ryan The Wizard
    I do believe that the large, blonde guy was named Rowle.

AurorKeefy
    You know, I remember the caliber of wizards Voldemort sending on that excursion to be rather strange. Yes, he might be putting the pressure on Malfoy to succeed, but if you're going up against the only wizard you fear, in a final attempt to get rid of him, personally I'd have sent in some rather higher up members. What was Bellatrix doing, counting her Galleons? If you're going to send the previous lot into the Department of Mysteries, you can't be too concerned about them getting caught, and Alecto, Amycus and Fenrir didn't really hold quite the sway of everyone's favourite Black. Well, maybe not everyone's favourite - but for those us who don't like Sirius, Regulus, Narcissa, Phineas or Sirius' Mum anyway. Actually I like all of them, but Bella will always hold a special place in my heart.

As far as the previous answers go, they are both quite correct to the best of my knowledge, so speculation and mild irritation aside, I have nothing to contribute.

cmwinters
    I think, actually, the large blonde was Yaxley; I could have sworn Jo said this recently but I can't find it. Rowle I don't remember at all, but that doesn't mean anything.

And honestly, I don't think the Dark Lord sent those people. Remember Draco telling Snape (when Snape dragged him by his ear out of Slughorn's party) that he had "other people working for him; better people"?

I think those were people that DRACO selected. I think all of them save Greyback (1) were flunky Death Eaters eager to get back in the Dark Lord's good graces, because remember, not only does Snape mention how they "lost faith" (2), but when he storms into the tower, the lot of them cower in fear.

I think Draco was desperate, and pulled desperate people, because Bellatrix was most certainly told not to help him.

(1) - I think Greyback volunteered. Let him loose in a school full of children? He's SO there!

(2) - Yes, Snape names himself as also having lost faith, but Snape has rather a unique use for the Dark Lord, and it's reasonably obvious most of the others (save, possibly, Greyback) do not.

AurorKeefy
    I've just been reading DH and the very large one is Thorfinn Rowle, Ron recognizes him when the trio meet him and Dolohov in the cafe. Incidentally, I don't know if it's mentioned elsewhere, but not only is Rowle tall and burly, but by the description of the "builders" so is Dolohov.

Yaxley, who knocks about in the Ministry amongst other places, is blonde but not so tall, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by cmwinters
    I think those were people that DRACO selected. I think all of them save Greyback (1) were flunky Death Eaters eager to get back in the Dark Lord's good graces, because remember, not only does Snape mention how they "lost faith" (2), but when he storms into the tower, the lot of them cower in fear.

I think Draco was desperate, and pulled desperate people, because Bellatrix was most certainly told not to help him.
    A fair point well made, I am converted.