+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 24

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by whichone
    So, I wasn't going to bring this up because I didn't want to be that annoying person. You know what I am saying? I never receive Acceptance or Rejection Letters anymore. And I am a techie, so I know to check junk folders, spam folders, labels, or whatever. This isn't usually a problem. In fact, it's hardly ever a problem, ehich is why I never bother bringing it up. And then I forget about it. However, on the very rare chance that something does get rejected, I don't know why. Consequently, I, and probably others, don't know what to fix. To be honest, that's like a problem in a continuous circle or something. I don't like bothering folks. Didn't we used to get email notifications that said when folks responded to our reviews? Yes, I have checked that, too, in preferences or whatever . (I am a researcher - I look for answers. ) Okay, well that's that. The end of my wondering.
    We always send Acceptance and Rejection letters, whenever we are modding fics. The only time we do not send a rejection letter is if the chapter is continuously violating one of our submission rules - so you should always be getting letters as neither I nor Vicki can recall ever auto-rejecting one of your chapters.

Do you still get notifications when someone leaves a review for one of your fics?

I'm also going to send you an email through your author page to see if that goes through so please check and let me know.

Banner by Lydia. Icon from toreadabook on lj.

First Year Ravenclaw
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow

So I will actually not mess this up this time. I will report this here and pay attention. As an author, I have been spammed by an author called wq123 on like all of my stories in a matter of minutes yesterday evening. How does one get those removed? That's not something I did, right? That's a site thing. I mean, it was pretty obvious it was what I'm going to call a "blanket spammer". Aren't those monitored?

Apple Wood Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    McGonagall Doesn't Expel Brilliant Seekers
    Whichone,

It is a site thing and I can remove them for you. Thanks for letting us know, and please note the Report-a-Spam link in the "suggestions" forum for next time!

Lily
    ♥♥♥ Lily Writes ♥♥♥

Banner by the opaleye. Avi by TM_Wandstick.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Wow, it's been so long I'm not even sure I'm posting correctly, or in the right place! Every so often I get spam reviews on my stories here - long lists of bogus links from spambots. Is there any way to remove them from the story? Some of them are unbelievably long! Thank you!

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Hey Gina! You can post links to the spammer accounts in our Report-a-Spam thread here We'll delete them for you.

Nicole Edit: OMG, It's Ginaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by NikkiSue; 06-03-2017 at 03:20 AM.

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    I have six reviews on my story Love and Alchemy, but it shows five reviews on the page, and in the "unresponded" column under reviews received it has a -1. Do you think it was caused by deleting a spam review? Can it be fixed?

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerichi View Post
    I have six reviews on my story Love and Alchemy, but it shows five reviews on the page, and in the "unresponded" column under reviews received it has a -1. Do you think it was caused by deleting a spam review? Can it be fixed?
    I think it probably was deleting the spam review. That has been one of the site's glitches for a while - you might notice that it happens on comments on News posts on the front page too. If there are 0 comments it shows as -1 etc. I've got a fic which shows as having -4 unresponded reviews after deleting spam reviews from it. Very frustrating!

I've just done some site maintenance and recalculated the reviews and site statistics to see if that would help but it doesn't seem to have done anything, unfortunately.

+ Reply to Thread