+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 24

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    Oh, good grief. They've found my story, too. What a bunch of losers spammers are.

2 found here:
    http://www.fanfiction.mugglenet.com/...=ST&item=24240

Julia edit: Locked and deleted!
    Last edited by the opaleye; 03-20-2016 at 08:21 AM.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Hi moderators. Two recent spam posts on my review page for Scenes From Shell Cottage. Thanks!

http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/revi...pe=ST&item=845

First Year Gryffindor
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives
    Hi,

I had a peek at the recently updated section and discovered that one of my favourited stories (thank you, Moonymaniac!) has been updated several times, but I haven't seen any reminder emails. I checked my junk folder and nothing went there either. It's not the end of the world or anything, but I thought it was worth mentioning in case it's happening to other users.
    Photobucket

Seventh Year Slytherin
    Sirius Black Has Made It To The Muggle News
    A quick favor to ask of you, Julia. I validated the first chapter of a new story by Hotrav, but there is a long string of random symbols in the middle of the title of Chapter 1. The chapter is supposed to be titled Fellows' Garden, but if you look at it, you will see what I mean. I have encountered this sort of problem before, although not on MNFF, where you try to use certain kinds of punctuation, but if you don't do it exactly correctly, the computer gives you this string of garbage.

I have not been able to access the chapter title to edit this garbage out. I can access the chapter text and the story summary, but not the chapter title. (Just not looking in the right place, I guess.) Can you fix it? Thanks.

Vicki

All fixed!
    Last edited by the opaleye; 06-10-2016 at 08:44 AM.
    Writer, Poet, Drabbler, Occasional Beta, Slytherin Cheerleader
    [center]
    This lovely banner is a gift from my good friend Nagini Riddle.

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia
    Hi,

I had a peek at the recently updated section and discovered that one of my favourited stories (thank you, Moonymaniac!) has been updated several times, but I haven't seen any reminder emails. I checked my junk folder and nothing went there either. It's not the end of the world or anything, but I thought it was worth mentioning in case it's happening to other users.
    Thanks for letting us know. I'll pass this on to our coder who may be able to shed some light.

Nicole Edit: I'll poke Rosie. :-)
    Last edited by NikkiSue; 06-12-2016 at 03:14 AM.

Banner by Lydia. Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Savoring Fortescue's Finest Ice Cream
    I may be able to shed some light into the problem of the email possibly not being sent. I have had similar problems, but this time around, the emails for the updates to MOB did show up on my computer, but they were flagged by my gmail with question marks and little buttons next to it asking me if I wanted to mark them as phishing. I think that something in the coding has changed because I never had this issue before.

Thanks, Kaylee! That's good to know. I'll make sure this extra info gets to our coder too.
    Last edited by the opaleye; 06-11-2016 at 03:15 AM.

Lovely banner by Padfoot11333

Third Year Ravenclaw
    I'm a what?
    I was a QSQ judge last year and cleared to post without being moderated, but when I tried to post my willingness to judge again this year, the post was queued to be moderated first. Will someone fix that, please?

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Help! What is going on with the archives? I just went to check my account and the 'manage stories' function is missing. I checked the Home page and saw the thing about the site migration, but that was dated June 24 and it said a 'few days'. Are we not able to access our stories, etc? I had something special to do for today!

And is that why I still have that horrendously long and annoying spam review?

I'm thinking it probably is.

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by moonymaniac View Post
    Help! What is going on with the archives? I just went to check my account and the 'manage stories' function is missing. I checked the Home page and saw the thing about the site migration, but that was dated June 24 and it said a 'few days'. Are we not able to access our stories, etc? I had something special to do for today!

And is that why I still have that horrendously long and annoying spam review?

I'm thinking it probably is.
    Yes, the queue and manager functions are still closed for the server migration. We will confirm once it is back up and open when we get the all clear from our administrator and coder, Roxy Black.

The same goes for the review. I will not be deleting any spam reviews until the server migration is confirmed. I don't want to delete them all only to have to do it all over again as it is quite time-consuming. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully we can just ignore the spam reviews for a little longer?

Banner by Lydia. Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Quote Originally Posted by the opaleye View Post
    ...Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully we can just ignore the spam reviews for a little longer?
    No problem. As one who is completely ignorant about such things as servers, coding, migrations, etc. etc... I have no idea how these things work or how long it takes, so thank you for the update. I didn't know if it was just my account! I thought it probably wasn't, but sometimes I get paranoid since the site often seems to hate me!

Wouldn't it be nice if the spammer losers couldn't find us after the migration? Thank you for cleaning up their messes. I'm sure they are even more annoying for you than they are for us.

And while I'm here being a pest, do you know if any of the old skins that people had designed with the Harry Potter images will be coming back after this is all finished or are they gone for good and I need to let it go? :*)

Anyway, thanks again for all you all do to keep the site running and tidy.

+ Reply to Thread