Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Johnson

Inverarity
    I really did not like it when Rowling said that Angelina marries George. I don't see that working at all. So I have always thought that their marriage is probably not the rosy one we imagine all the other Weasleys and Potters enjoying.

And what is with everyone naming their kids after dead people? Harry naming his kids after his parents was bad enough, but George names his son after his dead twin brother (who also happens to be his wife's dead ex)? That poor kid!

(And do women in the wizarding world ever have any input on their children's names?)

So, that colors my views accordingly:

Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    What kind of mother do you see her being?
    I think she loves her kids, but would be a much more "hands-off" parent than Molly. She'd expect her kids to be more independent, and I don't see Angelina being a housewife. So she might appear, on the surface, to be detached and uncaring, though I'm sure she'd walk through fire for them. I see George as being the gentle, soft-hearted parent, and Angelina as more likely to be the disciplinarian.

How do believe she is seen by her nieces and nephews?
    Well, she's another hero of the Battle of Hogwarts, and a former Quidditch star, so that probably gives her a higher "coolness" factor. She probably doesn't spoil her nieces and nephews with gifts and hugs, but she probably does take them on wild broom rides that give their parents and grandparents fits...

What career do you see her in?
    Professional Quidditch player is the fanon cliche. I think she might become a journalist. And have an affair with Lee Jordan.

How do you believe she and Mrs. Weasley got along?
    Not well. Molly thinks Angelina isn't devoted enough to husband and family; Angelina thinks Molly is an overprotective busybody who keeps forgetting that little Fred is not the reincarnation of his uncle. Neither assessment is really fair, but they can never really escape Fred's ghost (figuratively speaking). I think they aren't overtly rude or hateful to each other, but they don't really enjoy each other's company.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    And what is with everyone naming their kids after dead people? Harry naming his kids after his parents was bad enough, but George names his son after his dead twin brother (who also happens to be his wife's dead ex)? That poor kid!
    James, Lily, Albus Severus, Scorpius, Fred, Molly...

Yes, it doesn't seem like a lot of the next geberation kids lucked out as far as names go. I almost think of a big war memorial like the Vietnam Memorial with checks that parents have put next to certain names to let the rest of the world know which namesakes have been taken.

(And do women in the wizarding world ever have any input on their children's names?)
    Although, Lorcan and Lysander? These sound like names Luna would come up with.

I can see Angelina being a journalist, not for the Daily Prophet, but maybe a Quidditch magazine. The thought of the affair, though, makes me laugh!

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Double posting because still no one has answered my question about what they think Angelina's Patronus form is. I was almost thinking in might be a monkey or a chipanzee. I don't know why (Curious George reference, maybe?)

Anyway, are there any other opinions out there?

Brand New Story!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    Double posting because still no one has answered my question about what they think Angelina's Patronus form is. I was almost thinking in might be a monkey or a chipanzee. I don't know why (Curious George reference, maybe?)
    Well, a Patronus is supposed to be a guardian spirit, so given that Angelina was a pretty fierce Gryffindor, if you want a primate, I'd choose something scarier, like a gorilla or a mandrill. (Though in reality, chimps are actually pretty vicious and scary.)

bellaoc
    but they can never really escape Fred's ghost (figuratively speaking).
    Hm. I don't really agree with that. Fred and Angelina only went to the Yule Ball together. It never said that they were in a serious committed relationship. Sure, they were friends, but I don't think she would be forever haunted by her "lost love" Fred. While yes, the marriage of George/Angelina came a little out of the blue, it isn't completely hard to believe. They were obviously friends in Hogwarts and maybe they came together after Fred died. Also, Angelina isn't described as the type of person who would just randomly marry someone. Those are just my thoughts on it.

Molly thinks Angelina isn't devoted enough to husband and family; Angelina thinks Molly is an overprotective busybody who keeps forgetting that little Fred is not the reincarnation of his uncle.
    I also feel like there isn't sufficient evidence in the books to say that she wouldn't get along with Molly. Truth be told, we don't know what kind of mother Angelina would be, or whether she would get along with Molly. I think because Angelina is such a strong personality, she wouldn't let Molly or anyone else push her around, but I think Molly would admire that because she wouldn't let her kids get away with a lot, which is the kind of mother Molly is, a no-nonsense mother.

Hm. She definitely would have a tough and strong Patronus. She has a temper and doesn't take crap from anyone, so maybe some form of cat. Not a lion, thats a little cliche for a Gryffindor, but maybe like a panther. But then again, maybe something with a little more jaunt because if she was friends with Fred, she would have a pretty good sense of humor.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    But again, as to the Patronus issue, do you think Angelina saw either of the twins as protectors, or as just entertainers? If all she really thought of them was someone who could make her laugh, she probably wouldn't count on them to save them. Romantic love can be a very different emtion that feeling protected.

What do you think Angelina would see as a symbol of protection?

Brand New Story!

Inverarity
    I really don't think Angelina thought of either of the twins as "protectors." She seemed pretty capable of taking care of herself.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Hi,

I agree with Inverarity about the Twins and Angelina. I really doubt Angelina looked to them as protectors.

Angelina strikes me as feline. I would make her Patronus something big cattish - like a tiger or maybe a cheetah. But possibly a big cat is more likely to be her Animagus form.
    Something else has just occured to me; what about a bird of some sort? A hawk, perhaps. She's a Quidditch player; she feels safe in the air.

Quote:
    but they can never really escape Fred's ghost (figuratively speaking).

Hm. I don't really agree with that. Fred and Angelina only went to the Yule Ball together. It never said that they were in a serious committed relationship. Sure, they were friends, but I don't think she would be forever haunted by her "lost love" Fred.
    Mmm, I have to agree with this. Certainly Fred and Angelina weren't going out in Year 5. It would surely have been mentioned if they were. It's always struck me as a one date situation. Angelina may have wished to take it furthur but I don't think either twin would commit themselves to something serious whilst they had each other.
    Fred is certainly NOT seeing Angelina at the beginning of DH, because him and George slope off for some fun with the Veela cousins.

Regarding Molly and Angelina, I can see some areas of tension between them. This, really, would stem from Molly. I don't think she perceives any girl as good enough for her boys (with the possible exception of Hermione.) However, if Fleur can win her round by showing such love for Bill, then I'm sure Angelina could. I can see Molly being a bit interfering especially where her grandchildren are concerned. But that's not abnormal. Most grandmothers interfere at some stage, or offer unwanted advice. Heck, most other mothers do it. It drives new mums mad!

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Angelina strikes me as a very no-nonsense person who would only allow the Weasley twins to have so much fun at her expence. How much latitude do you think she would give them in regards to their pranks? Do you think this would change when she was dating either one of them (she does go through both of them, doesn't she)? What do you think her physical reaction would be once she has finally had enough?

Also, do you think Angelina is the forgiving type?

Brand New Story!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Angelina strikes me as a very no-nonsense person who would only allow the Weasley twins to have so much fun at her expence.
    Actually, I think the no-nonsense thing was mainly a reaction to her being Quidditch Captain. I think she took that very seriously, but before then I was always inclined to see her as much more lighthearted in the previous books. She goes to the Yule Ball with Fred after being asked out very casually. I think she gets on with both of them and finds them amusing. Whether she likes being the target of their pranks is another matter. I can see her getting cross but then loosening up and laughing along. I have no canon proof for this, it's really just the way I perceive her and have written her.

Would her attitude change when she was dating one of them? Hmmm, I think initially she'd be quite forgiving then she'd start to get annoyed and then resigned to it. When you're in the beginning of a relationship you do tend to see the other person through rose-coloured spectacles so she'd probably think either twin quite funny at first. I can see her shouting very loudly when she's had enough - rather in a Molly Weasley way.

Forgiving? Why not? She's angry with Harry (and the twins) about Quidditch in OOTP but that doesn't stop her being a part of Dumbledore's Army. She was still a bit snidey to Harry about him not being on the team, but... I can't see her as holding a grudge forever.

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird