Thread: Fenrir Greyback

bewitching

Fenrir Greyback

I can't seem to remember if he was killed or not, and I don't have my book on hand. I checked the lexicon, but it doesn't say.

harrypotterfangirl21
    A lot of the Lexicon hasn't been updated since DH, bewitching.

And I can find absolutely no mention of him dying or living, so I think you have pretty much free rein (Until JK Rowling says otherwise, anyway.).

Hope that helped!

Ryan The Wizard
    Trelawney cracked him in the face with a crystal ball. Whether or not he lives after that is up to you, because it was never stated whether he died or not.

Amber0_o
    I believe the wording is vague enough that you can decide for yourself. I can't remember exactly what was said, but it was something like being 'knocked aside'. So I think it is up to the reader to decided if he died or was simply knocked out.

AurorKeefy
    He was in the forest clearing picking his teeth being smacked in the head by a crystal ball, so he certainly survived that. Whether or not he snuffed it in the Longbottom led charge afterwards is another matter, but I thought I'd point out that if he did die, we can be fairly certain Trelawney didn't kill him.

megan_lupin
    The final time Fenrir Greyback is mentioned in the HP series is here:

From page 735 of the American Hardback Edition of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:
    He saw Ron and Neville bringing down Fenrir Greyback, Aberforth Stunning Rookwood, Author and Percy flooring Thicknesse ...
    It's therefore unclear whether or not he actually died, as the phrase "bringing down" could be taken either way.

~Megan