In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow
Seraphina Anne Cresswell
I'm having a little trouble with this character at the moment. I've made her for a roleplay, she's the new head of Gryffindor after The Battle of Hogwarts.
She's Dirk Crewell's widow, and Mother of his two sons.
Part 1: The Basics
1. What is your full name: Seraphina Anne Cresswell (nee Blake)
2. Where and when were you born: Beer Village, Devon. 22nd May 1962.
3. Who are/were your parents? Mr and Mrs Blake.
4. Do you have any siblings? None.
5. Where do you live now, and with whom? Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizzardy with my two sons.
6. What is your occupation? Transfiguartion teacher at Hogwarts, head of Gryffindor House.
7. Write a full physical description of yourself. Average Height, I've always wanted to be a little taller. My hair is curly, I use to dye it red when I was younger, but since I've had the boys I've been two busy, and it's reverted back to it's natural blonde colour.
I have large grey eyes, and a funny mouth.
8. To which social class do you belong? Middle Class. Half Blood.
10. Are you right- or left-handed? Left handed.
11. What does your voice sound like? Usually calm. Now that I'm a teacher I've been trying to add a little gravity, it's still a work in progress.
13. What do you have in your pockets? A handful of Sickles. A toy car. Lots of fluff.
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
Part 2: Growing Up
15. How would you describe your childhood in general? Happy and spoiled. I was an only child, my parents adored me (they still do).
16. What is your earliest memory? Wings. I just remember the shape of wings, I have no idea even now if they belonged to a bird.
17. How much schooling have you had? I attended Hogwarts from years 1 to 7.
18. Did you enjoy school? Yes, very much. I think that's part of the reason I have gravitated back.
19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities? I learned almost everything I know during my time at Hogwarts, of course I added to my skills over the years.
20. While growing up, did you have any role models?
22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I always wanted to teach at Hogwarts.
23. As a child, what were your favourite activities? Swimming in the sea, I was lucky enough to live in a village with the seaside almost at the bottom of my garden.
24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display? Haughty, people have also described me like that. Not my friends of course, but people who don't know me so well.
25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like? Yes, I was very popular, I've always been outgoing. I've always had a mix of boy and girl friends, the two people I was closest two in my year were Clara Spendlove, and Mark Williams.
They were both fellow Gryffindors.
I lost touch with Mark after we left Hogwarts, but I am still very close to Clara. We worked together in the Minsitry.
26. When and with whom was your first kiss? Ah well, my first kiss was actually with one of the boys in the year above me. I was 14 at the time, it was a very strange experience, not the kiss really, that was simply stuttering and quite slobbery, but what lead up to the kiss, that was the strange part.
My first kiss was with Remus Lupin. Of course I knew who he was, he was one of the famous Mauders, but I never really took that much notice of him.
It was the year I first made the Quidditch team (as a Chaser), I got to know James Potter, who was also on the team.
Anyway to cut the long story short, one day James sort of asked me on a date, only it wasn't for himself it was for his friend Remus.
I agreed, because I'd never been asked out by any one before, Remus was a Mauder, and well I suppose I was curious.
So without ever even speaking to Remus himself, I arranged through James to meet him outside Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop, the following weekend.
Over the course of the next week, I began to second guess myself, remembering what trouble makers The Mauder gang was, I started to think it might all have been some nasty joke.
But that Saturday afternoon, just as James had promised, Remus had been waiting outside the shop.
The actually date was probably the worst I have ever been on, Remus looked really tired, and he sort of mumbled everything into his tea cup.
It didn't help that James, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew were also seated at another table, keeping a close eye on our progress.
It was so embarrassing, I don't think my face has ever been so red.
So how did Remus Lupin end up being my first kiss, I hear you ask.
Well, after all that I felt I had to get something from it, I even had to pay for my own tea and cake!
Once we were outside the tea shop, and James, Sirrius, and Peter were far enough away, I sort of grabbed him by the front of his coat, and kissed him.
It was all very rushed, sloppy and Remus was completely surprised.
Needless to say Bertha Jonkins wasted no time in informing the whole school.
During the next Quidditch practice James asked me if I'd like to go on another date with Remus, but by this point of was so disillusioned by the whole thing, that I turned both him and Remus down.
27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity? I'm the Mother of two children, I think it's fair to say I'm not a virgin.
Although I had my fair share of boyfriends during my time at school, I didn't actually lose my virginity until I was 19.
And no I'm not going to tell you who it was.
28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. N/A
Part 3: Past Influences
29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far? Becoming a Mother.
30. Who has had the most influence on you? My husband Dirk.
31. What do you consider your greatest achievement? I know this probably sounds terribly domestic, but marrying Dirk, and the births of my sons are my greatest achievements.
32. What is your greatest regret? Allowing Dirk to fake his family tree, not leaving the country before he was taken away.
33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done? I think it's what I will do...
34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind? No
35. When was the time you were the most frightened? When Dirk was taken to Azkaban.
36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you? Well you might think it was my date with Remus, but sadly for me my life seems riddled with quite a lot of embarrassing moments.
37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why? I would have asked Dirk out, while we were still at school.
38. What is your best memory? My wedding day.
39. What is your worst memory? The day Arthur Weasley told me that Dirk had been caught by Snatchers and killed.
Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic? Optimistic, or atleast I try to be for the sake of my boys.
41. What is your greatest fear? Losing my sons.
44. What are your views on sex? Its fantastic.
45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable? If my children were in danger, I don't think there's anything I wouldn't do.
46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do? Kill.
47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love? Yes, I believe in true love. Dirk was my soul mate.
48. What do you believe makes a successful life? Surrounding yourself with people you can be entirely yourself with.
49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)? I was always honest with my husband, we had a very open relationship, we shared everything, or atleast I thought we did.
I try to keep as much as I can from the children, I don't want them to know how their Father died yet.
50. Do you have any biases or prejudices? I never liked Slytherin.
52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)? My sons.
Part 5: Relationships With Others
53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? I've always considered myself to be open and friendly.
54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? My children.
55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? I respected Dirk. I have always respected Minerva McGonagall, I will never be able to repay her kindness for helping me as she has.
56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Clara is still my best friend. I have grown very close to Minerva McGonagall. Through Dirk, I have always been good friends with Arthur and Molly Weasley.
57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person. Yes, although I am now a widow.
I was the wife of Dirk Cresswell.
Describe him, Dirk was the kindest, most brillant man I've ever met.
He was a gifted Wizzard, but more than that he was a sweet, kind, intellegent man.
The best husband a woman could ever ask for, and a the greatest of Fathers, and friends.
58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened. Yes, I have only ever been in love, and that thankfully was with my husband.
To my eternal regret, I never took much notice of Dirk when we were at school.
We were both in the same year, but Dirk was in Hufflepuff house.
Even then he was gifted, the top of most of the classes we shared.
Although I never paid much attention to him, Dirk had noticed me, he told me years later that he always liked me at school.
I supose that's why he always sat behind me.
It wasn't until I began working at the Ministry, in the Animagus Registry, that our paths crossed again.
I was reintroduced to Dirk, by Ted Tonks at my first ever Ministry Christmas Party.
He had a sort of charming confidence I'd never noticed before.
Of course I didn't fall in love with him then, it took several months.
Two years later we were married!
59. What do you look for in a potential lover? N/A
60. How close are you to your family? Very.
61. Have you started your own family? Yes. I have two sons aged 11 and 6.
62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help? I turned to Minerva when I needed help.
64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you? My sons.
65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why? Lord Voldermort, Delores Umbridge.
66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not one to avoid conflict. Dirk use to call me 'the firey one'.
67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? Yes, I've always been comfortable as a leader.
68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? Yes, I've always felt comfortable with a large group.
69. Do you care what others think of you? No, not really.
Part 6: Likes And Dislikes
70. What is/are your favourite hobbies and pastimes? Playing with my sons, (although my oldest won't like me saying that). Watching Quidditch. Flying on my broom. Playing two aside Quidditch in the garden with Dirk and the boys.
71. What is your most treasured possession? My wedding ring.
72. What is your favourite colour? Yellow.
73. What is your favorite food? Roast lamb, although I'm actually quite a bad cook, my lamb always seems to turn out alright.
74. What, if anything, do you like to read? Read, I'm a Mum of two excitable boys, I don't really have the time I use to, to enjoying reading. I think the last book I really fully was in 1992.
75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)? The Quidditch World Cup.
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit? I once tried out a pipe, but I don't think they look right without a beard.
77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night? Ironing.
78. What makes you laugh? It doesn't take a lot.
80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself? I haven't had a full nights sleep since my eldest was born, I am insomnia.
81. How do you deal with stress? Not well, I tend to snap quite a bit.
82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan? I use to be very spontaneous, I still have my moments, but as I said before being a Mum doesn't leave much room for spontanity.