Thread: Caroline~ back, better, and ready to beta!

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat

Caroline~ back, better, and ready to beta!

Hello, I'm Caroline. I am a returning beta, who took a loooooong break from the forums. If you knew me before, I apologize. But I am older now, with more experience and knowledge. I am back, starting fresh, and ready to be here!

Availability: Aside from theatre classes on Thursdays and Fridays, I have virtually no social life. After school, I am usually very available. As long as we are in a similar time zone, and I don't receive on Thursday/Friday, I can nearly guarantee same-day turnaround on drabbles, poems, and chapters around 1,000 words or less. 1,200 words and up may take longer, so give me at least three days on those. That being said, this depends on when I receive your story, and how much work it needs. Very rarely will I need a week or more.

Strengths: I have been writing Harry Potter fanfiction since I was eleven, so I have a strong grasp on characters and canon. I am well-accustomed to naming OC's and creating realistic dialogue. On a lesser note, I have improved massively in punctuation.

Weaknesses: I am a perpetual sugar coater who uses too many commas. I am American so while I can Britpick decently, I am in no means an expert.

Preferred Categories: General, Dark/Angst, and Romance. No historical or mystery, please!

Preferred Sub-Categories: Marauder era, Post-Hogwarts, and Poetry. I will do Next-Generation, but on a case-by-case basis.

Preferred Genres: My favorites are tragedy and romance. Comedy, AU, and action are on a case-by-case basis. I absolutely will not do mystery or historical.

Preferred Pairings: I am a sucker for rare-pairs. I will do any pairing you'd like, really. However, I am a little apprehensive about student/teacher, if the student is still a minor. If this is the case, I will take your story on a case-by-case basis.

Categories I Won't Do: As I said before, mystery and historical.

Sub-Categories I Won't Do: I don't think there really is anything.

Genres I Won't Do: See 'Catagories I Won't Do.'

Pairings I Won't Do: Most student/teacher. PM me if one will be in your story.

Ratings/Warnings I Will Do: All, but case-by-case basis for student/teacher and AU.

Ratings/Warnings I Won't Do: My only apprehension is for mental disorders. PLEASE do your research. Real research. That said, if you'd like, I can help with research topics for almost anything.

If you would like me to work on your story, post a completed form here. I will PM you with my decision on whether or not I accept.
    Kindly disregard old posts by me. I was an irritating kid who didn't understand grammar.

First Year Slytherin
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow
    Hey,

I wanted to ask you if you could beta for my story...

Username: Kinnu

Story title: Quelques ans après-A few years later

Genre:Family, Humour

Ships: Draco/ Hermione, Harry/Ginny, Ron/Lavender, George/Angelina, Blaise/Pansy, Krum/Daphne

Rating and Warnings: 3rd to 5th year

Drabble, One Shot, Short Chaptered, or Long Chaptered: Short Chaptered

Word Count (about): Maybe around 20 chapters and more than 1000 words per chapter?

Permanent Y/N: I'd be lovely if you can permanently beta, but if you can't, it's okay if you can beta a few chapters...

Summary: Hermione disappears after the war. No one knows where she was or where she went. She then comes back and who's better to accompany her than our favourite Slytherin and her husband,Draco Malfoy. How does everyone find out? How will everyone react? Lucius and Narcissa niceness.

Anything you want me to pay close attention to?: Punctuation, Dialogue punctuation and the like along with characterisation because I don't like going OOC. No problem with my writing style though

Thanks,
    Hoping you'll agree to beta,

Kinnu
    Kinnu

First Year Hufflepuff
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives
    Hi Caroline, I was wondering if you'd be willing to beta a chaptered Marauder-Era story I'm working on.
    I just started writing it last week and have submitted the first chapter. It is my first ever fan fiction. It's also my first work of chaptered fiction.

User Name: Wenlock
    Story: Lily and Alice
    Genre: General Fiction. It will have some romance, some first war action, a few pranks - really just a bit of everything.
    Ships: James/Lily, Frank/Alice
    Rating and Warnings: 3rd-5th years. Warnings: Character Death, Mild Profanity, Sexual Situations and Substance Abuse (for drinking). Also, some of my characters may complain about some of the not-fun parts of pregnancy, but I don't really know what warning that would be.
    Word Count: Prologue is 842 words. The first chapter (in progress) is 724 words so far.
    One Shot or Chaptered: Chaptered
    Expected Beta Time: A week (or sooner if you can, but no pressure) My updates may be pretty sporadic because I'm finishing school and moving and a few other things over the next month or so.
    Permanent Y/N: Yes, but if you can only do a few chapters, that would be appreciated too.
    Summary: This story explores the first war from the perspective of Lily and Alice, two ambitious young witches making waves in their respective careers. They become friends through the Order of the Pheonix and grow closer when they go through the ups and downs of pregnancy and motherhood together.

First Year Hufflepuff
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives
    Nevermind. I found a beta.