Name: Rita Skeeter
House: Ravenclaw
Title: Dialogue at a Funeral
Warnings: None
Word count: 500

“Ron? Ron, Mum says to…The others are…Er…Do you want me to send Harry up?...Ron? Alright, just lay there then. I’ll be downstairs if…if you need me.”

“Are you coming, Ron? Or are you just going to—”
“Wallow—”
“All day—”
“Again.”
“It’s not healthy, Mate.”
“Think of your complexion.”
“You’re looking pretty ghastly already.”
“I’ll say.”
“So, that’s a no, then?”
“Well, we’ll be downstairs if…”
“If you need us.”

“It’s time, Ron. Mum sent me up—even though I heard Ginny say she already came by. You know you’re going to be late if you don’t…Er…Anyways. I’ll be downstairs if you…if you…I’ll be downstairs.”

“Hey, Mate. Ginny sent me up. She looks…um, well everyone looks pretty… Mind if I sit? You wouldn’t believe how many people came. Even Snape’s here—though I think Professor McGonagall might have had a hand in that. Anyways, I think I’ll stay up here for a little while—too crowded down there.”

“Ron, dear, I—Oh, there you are, Harry. Do you think you could…No, perhaps you should stay with Ron. Yes, that’s best. But both of you need to come down soon. The Grange…Her parents…Everyone is here now. We’re all waiting on you two—Oh, are you coming now then, Harry? Good. What about you, Ron? Ron? Well…whatever you decide…I’ll just…I’ll leave you two alone then.”

“I’m going, Ron. You can stay here and lay on your bed if you want, but I’m going. She would have wanted it. Actually, she would have wanted both of us there...but I guess one is better than none… Oh, Damn it, Ron! Get up! Stop being so bloody selfish! I miss her too! We all miss and loved her too! Yes, she was everything wonderful and good and yes I wish more than anything in the world that she could be here with us—but she can’t! She knew what she was doing—she gave her life for ours—she gave her life for all of us, and you should be proud of her!”

“I am proud of her! You wouldn’t believe how proud I am of her! That’s what makes this so damn difficult, Harry! Don’t you understand? There’s no room in me for anything else—she was the greatest thing that ever happened to me in my pathetic rubbish excuse for a life! I am proud of her!”

“Then you know what you should be doing, Ron? Instead of sitting here in your dark room, shutting out the world?”

“What, Harry? For Merlin’s sake, tell me what to do!”

“Honor her.”

“I…”

“She deserves it, Ron. She deserves every word you and I have to say about her—all the wonderful things we know and can share with the world. So share them with me—share them with everyone and let them know how special Hermione Granger is.”

“That’s impossible…But…you’re right. You’re right. She deserves something—more than I could possibly give. But I’ll do my best. Right...Let’s..."

"Let's go downstairs.”

"…Yes."
kehribar: Poor, poor Ron Five points to Ravenclaw.