Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Advent Calender Challenge - Day Four

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Seeking Keys
    Oh bummer! I missed the entry yesterday, and I had something written last night, but I didn't think it was very good, so I thought I would post it this morning if I didn't think of anything better. But I failed to be cognizant of the different deadline because it is always necessary to convert British time to Pacific time, so that 2 p.m. British (rather than 8 p.m.) converted to 6 a.m. Pacific (rather than noon Pacific). I do not want Carole to think that I am scorning her drabble challenge (just being brain-dead; at night "the lights are on but nobody's home").
    This was my drabble; you will agree that it wasn't very good.

"Peter came to him and said, 'Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times ?' Jesus said to him, 'I do not say to you up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.' "
    Someone, a religious proselytizer, had inserted tracts between the pages of books in the bookstore. This visitors' guidebook to Wales was one of them.
    Forgiveness? Draco had always evaluated his past actions from his own viewpoint; it was odd to think whether outsiders would or could forgive.
    Has my count already reached four hundred ninety? Draco wondered.

Now I have lost the bonus points for posting every day , and only Nagini will get them, which she richly deserves , as you will all agree. Lesson learned: post something promptly every day; it is always possible to come back later and edit it if a better idea occurs. So I will be back soon to edit today's drabble into this post.

Here I am, back again, chastened and wiser.
    Name: Oregonian
    House: Slytherin
    Title: A Discovery
    Characters Used: Vincent Crabbe, Dracy Malfoy
    A/N:

Vincent Crabbe bumped into the spindly-legged table by Draco's bed, and the open box of gobstones tumbled onto the floor, the stones rolling every which way, some going under the bed. Muttering a mild oath, Vincent got down on his hands and knees to find and pick up all Draco's stones. There were dust bunnies under the bed; the house elves had not been cleaning well. Something else was there too -- a chocolate frog in a dusty wrapper. Vincent didn't consider how long it had been there. Candy was candy. He unwrapped it and popped the frog into his mouth.
    Last edited by Oregonian; 12-08-2013 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Trying to be smarter.
    Writer, Poet, Drabbler, Occasional Beta, Slytherin Cheerleader
    This lovely banner is a gift from my good friend Nagini Riddle.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Digging a Diary Out of the Toilet
    Name: Nagini Riddle
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: Maybe (cont)
    Characters Used: Lily Evans and yes, Severus Snape!!!!! *hangs head in shame at missing out on bonus points*
    A/N: I am determined that Snape will be the SDC again! And thanks, Vicki. I try to deserve my points.

Soon it was Christmas morning, and Lily couldn’t contain her excitement, despite the anguish she felt over the situation with her sister. For today, she was going to have a wonderful holiday, no matter what! She was going to open presents, then play in the snow, and even visit Severus.

There was a tapping on her window, and Lily turned to see an owl, bearing a package. Lily brought it inside and saw a letter from her friend, Mary, wishing her well. The package turned out to be the first present of the day, and her favorite candy: chocolate frogs.
    Banner by Nadia and avvie by me

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Name: WeasleyMom
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Sparkle
    Characters Used: Ron, Hermione
    A/N:

Content in his arms, Hermione admired the ring. “I still can’t believe it.” She turned her hand until it caught the sparkle-light of the Christmas tree. “You should take me out so I can show it off.”

Ron laughed. It was well past midnight. “You realize you have to marry me if you want to keep it.”

Hermione twisted to face him with a soft expression. “I’m counting on that,” she whispered.

“We’ve come a long way.” His fingers brushed her cheek as they kissed.

“We certainly have,” she said, grinning. “You used to get me Chocolate Frogs for Christmas.”
    Lovely banner by Minna

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Thank you!

Today's SDC was

RRRRRRON WEASLEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Well done, Lori.

Carole
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

The Advent Calendar Challenge - Day Nine

DAY NINE

You know the drill.

List of characters here

Aaaand your prompt is ...

'Shall we dance?'

This has to be said in your drabble. It must not count towards your word count, so each drabble should be 103 words.

I will try to close this at 8PM GMT tomorrow but I do have a meeting to go to, so it might be later. DON'T count on that, though.

Carole
    Last edited by Equinox Chick; 12-10-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Digging a Diary Out of the Toilet
    Name: Ragini Niddle
    House: Let me hear you ROAR!
    Title: Maybe (cont)
    Characters used: Lily Evans and Severus Snape... They make such a cute couple! *squeals*
    A/N: Let it be said that 11 yr-olds do not use the word "shall." But Lily is special...

Christmas music wafted outside over the snow as Lily and Severus sat against the house, listening to the sounds of the party. Lily couldn’t remember Severus being happier, and she supposed that he was just happy to be away from his parents. He seemed content to just sit next to her, saying nothing.

With a sly grin, Lily held out her hand. “Shall we dance?”

Shock and embarrassment colored Severus’s face. “Perhaps it’s time that you returned to the party, Lily,” he answered in a rush.

“But I want to be here, with you,” Lily said softly. “It isn’t Christmas without you, Sev.”
    Banner by Nadia and avvie by me

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Seeking Keys
    Name: Oregonian
    House: Slytherin
    Title: The First Dance
    Characters Used: Harry Potter, Ginny Potter
    A/N:

“Daddy, how did you meet Mummy?” little Lily asked, twisting around on his lap to face him.

“Well, I was at a train station in London, waiting to get on the train to Hogwarts, and there was a band playing music on the platform, and I saw a beautiful girl with red hair and sparkling eyes, wearing a lovely dress, so I went up to her and bowed and said, ‘Shall we dance, fair lady?’ and she said ‘Oh, yes, kind sir,’ and we began to dance, and that’s how I met your Mummy.”

“No, you didn’t,” Lily said, giggling, “…did he, Mummy?”
    Writer, Poet, Drabbler, Occasional Beta, Slytherin Cheerleader
    This lovely banner is a gift from my good friend Nagini Riddle.

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Crouch attacked Krum!
    Name: the opaleye
    House: Ssssslytherin
    Title: The First Christmas
    Character(s) used: Harry, Ginny, and Hermione
    A/N:

People are dancing, and Harry thinks Seamus’s Christmas party, this Christmas, the first Christmas, was both a brilliant idea and completely insensitive. Hermione’s chatting to him but all he can see is Ginny on the couch, forcing smiles every time someone approaches her.

“Oh for goodness sake,” Hermione snaps. “Go ask her to dance.”

He splutters a bit, but Hermione has already turned away.

It’s the hardest Christmas. It’s the absent faces, empty chairs, strained smiles, the grief and the girl on the couch. The girl who used to be the first to dance.

He hates dancing, hates it… but…

“Shall we dance?”

Lovely banner by Minna! Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Fifth Year Slytherin
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Name: Draco7052
    House: Hissy hissy
    Title:Dancing
    Character's used: Molly and Arthur Weasley
    A/N: I know, I know, it's a awful title.

The latest Celestina Warbeck hit was playing on the radio, and Molly Weasley was twirling around in her kitchen, spoon in hand. Cake batter flew off the end, but she didn't notice. Her eyes were closed and she was caught up in the music.

Her husband, stepping into the kitchen, noticed her trance-like state. He smiled slightly, then stepped up to her. He gently stopped Molly's twirling and held out his hand. "Shall we dance?"

Molly smiled coyly back. "It would be my pleasure, Mr. Weasley."

And so they began to dance, Arthur trying to ignore the annoying nasal voice of Celestina Warbeck.
    Georgia Duels!Georgia Drabbles!Georgia writes poetry!

completely Squeeable banner by Poojah. Isn't it amazing? Avvie by the amazing Julia/the opaleye

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

The Advent Calendar Challenge - Day Ten

Day Ten

List of characters here

Aaaand your prompt is ...

Cold hands

This thread will close at 8PM GMT Wednesday 11th December.

(Day Nine is still running)

Banner by minnabird