Thread: The Advent Calender Challenge - Day Four

Threaded View

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?
    Oh bummer! I missed the entry yesterday, and I had something written last night, but I didn't think it was very good, so I thought I would post it this morning if I didn't think of anything better. But I failed to be cognizant of the different deadline because it is always necessary to convert British time to Pacific time, so that 2 p.m. British (rather than 8 p.m.) converted to 6 a.m. Pacific (rather than noon Pacific). I do not want Carole to think that I am scorning her drabble challenge (just being brain-dead; at night "the lights are on but nobody's home").
    This was my drabble; you will agree that it wasn't very good.

"Peter came to him and said, 'Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times ?' Jesus said to him, 'I do not say to you up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.' "
    Someone, a religious proselytizer, had inserted tracts between the pages of books in the bookstore. This visitors' guidebook to Wales was one of them.
    Forgiveness? Draco had always evaluated his past actions from his own viewpoint; it was odd to think whether outsiders would or could forgive.
    Has my count already reached four hundred ninety? Draco wondered.

Now I have lost the bonus points for posting every day , and only Nagini will get them, which she richly deserves , as you will all agree. Lesson learned: post something promptly every day; it is always possible to come back later and edit it if a better idea occurs. So I will be back soon to edit today's drabble into this post.

Here I am, back again, chastened and wiser.
    Name: Oregonian
    House: Slytherin
    Title: A Discovery
    Characters Used: Vincent Crabbe, Dracy Malfoy
    A/N:

Vincent Crabbe bumped into the spindly-legged table by Draco's bed, and the open box of gobstones tumbled onto the floor, the stones rolling every which way, some going under the bed. Muttering a mild oath, Vincent got down on his hands and knees to find and pick up all Draco's stones. There were dust bunnies under the bed; the house elves had not been cleaning well. Something else was there too -- a chocolate frog in a dusty wrapper. Vincent didn't consider how long it had been there. Candy was candy. He unwrapped it and popped the frog into his mouth.
    Last edited by Oregonian; 12-08-2013 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Trying to be smarter.
    Writer, Poet, Drabbler, Occasional Beta, Slytherin Cheerleader
    This lovely banner is a gift from my good friend Nagini Riddle.