Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Advent Calender Challenge - Day One

Third Year Gryffindor
    I'm a what?
    Name: tc015
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: A Question
    Characters Used: Arthur Weasley, Albus Dumbledore

“Merry Christmas,” I will say. I’ll compliment him on how wonderful family has really grown and that the improvements to the house were quite successful. “You were always good at Charms.” He’ll nod, his eyes twinkling proudly as he asks me to take a seat.

But I will not have time to sit, only to ask the simple question that I’ve been asking every Christmas for the past three years. “Your brother knew the value of this war.”

And he will once again decline. “My family needs me.” And you are fighting a losing battle, he (and I) will think.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Digging a Diary Out of the Toilet
    Name: Nagini Riddle
    House: Gryffindor
    Title: Maybe (cont)
    Characters Used: Lily Evans and Severus Snape
    A/N: I was worried I wouldn't be able to connect this to my last drabble...

She nervously waited for Severus to show up at their designated spot, the gift all wrapped up in silver and green paper, complete with a tiny bow. How would he react?

There he was, slouched over, trudging in the cold snow, and her heart immediately went out to him. The poor thing needed friendship, and it suddenly didn't matter if he liked the present or not.

“Sev!” she cried out, and gave him a great big hug. He appeared surprised at her enthusiasm, and then he lifted an eyebrow at the gift.

She laughed. “For you, silly goose! Happy Christmas!”
    Banner by Nadia and avvie by me

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Name: WeasleyMom
    House: Hugglepuff
    Title: Table for Three
    Characters Used: Ron, Fleur, Bill (others implied but not present)
    A/N:

It was the sight of the goose that finished him. As Fleur placed it onto the table, his gut clenched and twisted. It was Christmas Eve; the cottage was amber-warm with modest decorations and a delicious meal, lovingly prepared for three.

But Ron couldn’t eat.

His mind was full of mushrooms. Mesmerized by the goose, he saw small hands searching the green and the dirt, collecting treasures in the roll of her sweater, improving them as best she could. Another meal, lovingly prepared for three.

His chair scraped the floor as he excused himself and went upstairs, a walking apology.
    Lovely banner by Minna

Queen of Foals Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Crouch attacked Krum!
    Name: the opaleye
    House: Slytherin
    Title: Goose World Problems
    Characters Used: Lily Evans, James Potter, Sirius Black
    A/N:

“I think I’ll just pop outside.”

Lily frowned as James leapt up from the table, his serviette floating to the floor beside Sirius, who shook with giggles.

“Remus and I spent hours slaving over this bloody goose so you are going to jolly well sit down and eat!”

“I’ll only be-”

“You’ve been weird about this goose ever since-”

At that moment, Sirius let out a loud hoot.

“I can still hear it,” he gasped. “The honking.”

James flushed. “I was attacked by geese when I was young,” he admitted.

“Young!” cried Sirius. “It was the summer before sixth year!”

Lovely banner by Minna! Icon from toreadabook on lj.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

The Advent Calender Challenge - Day Three

(set early because I'm going out in a little while. Day Two is still open and will close later than usual)

Refer to rules and list of characters here

Use this form:

PHP Code:
    [B]Name:[/B]
    [
    B]House:[/B]
    [
    B]Title:[/B]
    [
    B]Character(sused:[/B]
    [
    B]A/N:[/B

And this prompt

Butterbeer

I will close this at 8PM BST (4th December)
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: ToKillOrNotToKillAMockingbird
    House: Ravengoose
    Title: Silly Goose
    Characters Used: Oliver Wood, Alicia Spinnet
    A/N: I like these two. :3

It was the feast before the Christmas holidays at Hogwarts, and Oliver was still in possession of one dozen of Raspberry Roses. However, as he stole glances across the table, he didn’t see the fantastic puddings, savoury roast geese, or the array of pies. All he saw was rich brown hair falling softly around Alicia’s smiling face.

He was incognisant of his staring until an elbow made solid contact with his side.

“Stop staring, you prawn,” Angelina Johnson hissed in his ear. “If you like her, just talk to her.”

Oliver gulped. “I will, I will,” he muttered back. “Probably.”
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Seeking Keys
    Name: Oregonian
    House: Slytherin
    Title: The Wild Geese
    Characters Used: Harry Potter, Luna Lovegood, Seamus Finnigan
    A/N: The geese are called greylags. They overwinter in Scotland.

The November sky was gray, the wind brisk and chilly, as three students looked up at the sudden honking sound overhead, where a skein of geese in V-formation was winging southwards.

“I wonder where they’re going — Spain, Portugal?” Luna said. “Do you ever wish you could fly away like them and leave all this behind?”

“There is no ‘away’ “, Harry replied. “The world is round. The farther away you go, the closer you are to being back where you were.”

“These geese don’t migrate,” Seamus offered. “They’re here all year, feeding in farmers’ fields, enduring the bad with the good.”
    Writer, Poet, Drabbler, Occasional Beta, Slytherin Cheerleader
    This lovely banner is a gift from my good friend Nagini Riddle.

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Name: ToBlatheOrNotToBlatheABluffingNightmare
    House: Ravenruse
    Title: Bottoms Up
    Character(s) used: Oliver Wood, Alicia Spinnet
    A/N: I hold that Oliver would’ve just reached for the pitcher had his mind not been elsewhere. And that Alicia would’ve done it herself had she wanted it magicked towards her. Poor boy. :/

“Oliver!”

He nearly fell off the bench as Alicia’s voice split his reverie in two. Oliver had quit gawking at her, but he had merely substituted staring at Alicia for a razor-sharp focus on his plate. Finally daring to look at her again, Oliver peered over at her.

Her expression bemused, Alicia asked, “Pass the Butterbeer, will you?”

Nodding absently, Oliver brandished his wand and cast a Levitation Charm on the pitcher until it was directly in front of Alicia. As he began to lower it, an elbow bumped into his head. The pitcher toppled mid-air and all over Alicia.
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Digging a Diary Out of the Toilet
    Name: Nagini Riddle
    House: A Lion About To Eat
    Title: Maybe (cont...)
    Character(s) used: Lily Evans (vivacious protagonist), Severus Snape (mentioned); James Potter snr, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew (alluded to for a few brief words, but not actually used, so I hope they don't count against me...)
    A/N: So a couple years have passed between the drabbles... I will have to remedy that in the next few drabbles.

Lily slammed down her mug, raking her hands through her hair. The babble and general boisterous nature of the room was starting to set her teeth on edge. It didn't help that the pig-headed arse and his friends were busy showing off to the pub. She wished that Severus could have joined her for this holiday trip into Hogsmeade, but unfortunately, his parents hadn't signed the permission slip.

With a heavy sigh that could have been mistaken for a growl, she downed the last of her butterbeer and headed out the door, wondering if the day could possibly get better.
    Banner by Nadia and avvie by me

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    The Giant Spider is Hagrid's... Friend?!?
    Name: Minna
    House: Hufflepuff
    Title: Reconciliation
    Characters Used: Susan Bones, Hannah Abbott
    A/N: Idek what happened with them. Maybe I'll find out as I keep drabbling.

Hannah ran her fingers over the line of kindly appliqué geese marching along the edge of the blanket, then looked up at Susan. Her face was bright with joy. “Thank you,” she said. “It’s perfect.”

Susan found it hard to summon her own smile, her cheeks feeling as numb as they’d been when she’d arrived an hour ago.

“Really,” Hannah said, reaching over to squeeze her hand. Susan looked down, stomach lurching. Once, a touch like that would’ve set Susan at ease. But Susan barely knew this mum-to-be; a gulf of ten years and too many hurt feelings separated them.