*Catches pen* I want to see this moving, so I'm taking a second turn (my patience isn't that good).

“Pot – James, please I -I can explain!" Lily cried, as he turned to walk away.

He stopped two steps from her, and turned to face her. His expression looked hurt. As Lily stared at him, she noticed something odd about his hazel eyes. She took a step toward him and saw a single tear in his eye.

What? James Potter, show off extraordinaire and all-around git, about to cry? she thought in incredulity. I thought he was incapable of feeling a broken heart.

"Let's have it then," James said, tones of bitter anger in his voice. "What's your fabulous explanation that you think can make everything all better?"

“Okay, so I can’t explain, what I did, I wouldn't really forgive," Lily admitted.

James glared at her, but she swore she saw his expression lighten very slightly.

"Look, James, I really am sorry, if there is anything I can do to make it up to you, please tell me," she continued.

I can't believe what I'm doing, I'm begging James to forgive me. I never thought I'd see the day that I, Lily Evans, would beg James Potter for forgiveness, she mused.

James' anger seemed to dissolve a little faster now. He studied her for a minute, then took her hand, and this time she didn't tear it away. James pulled her closer to him and Lily found her face barely an inch from his face.

"I'll tell you how you can make it up to me Lily," he whispered in her ear. "All you have to do is...,"
I've written up a good bit, so, what happens next is up to someone else.

*Lays pen down*