Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dean Thomas

Lulu Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by Radish
    I'm trying to write a Dean/Luna fic.
    Don't try to remind me about the impossibilities of that one.
    Screw Rolf Scamander.
    Although I may be a little angry about that new addition, I need help.
    What would Dean have done after Hogwarts?
    What did he like to do?
    I don't really want information from the book, seeing as I've read them through and through, and have a sister who is an expert.
    I just need some help rounding out his character.

Go Dean and Luna! Two of my favorite characters. May Scamander boy burn in hell

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Dean was in Dumbledore's Army, but we never do find out what form his Patronus. What do you believe his charm would take the form of?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

weasleywannabe47
    Luna/Dean.....I like it!
    ~~~~
    I see him as being in the muggle liason department.
    ~~~~~
    A bear...a really big bear....

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Double posting to pose a new question, but I'm still hoping for an answer to my last post.

What career do you see Dean as having as an adult? I know he is good at art, what kind of job do you think he could have found with this talant?

What do you believe Dean's Patronus would be? What qualities do you think he would see as something that could protect him?

Brand New Story!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

cirelondiel
    The first thing that pops into my head is a cartoonist. For the Prophet, or something. Just a random idea

As for his Patronus... I'll have to think about that one. Perhaps it could be something representing the father he never knew? Or, conversely, it might represent his mother, who brought him up. Hmm.

-- Chelsea

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Dean's good at surviving by himself so I'd maybe look at an animal that can live by itself and doesn't necessarily need company. That said he does value friendships and is loyal.

For some reason I'm drawn to a dog type creature, but not a fox or wolf, because they're taken. Perhaps a coyote- they live solitary lives but can be in a pack.

As for his profession- I agree about his quillmanship. Perhaps a cartoonist or a book illustrator? Perhaps he becomes a magical portrait painter?

It easy to get drawn to the little information we have about Dean and assume he'd be an artist, though. You could make him anything you want. We know he's brave, loyal and not swayed by other's opinions (he joins Dumbledore's Army despite his best friend arguing with Harry). I often wondered if he'd teach. I think he'd feel Hogwarts to be a real home for him and a connection to his father.

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    For some reason I'm drawn to a dog type creature, but not a fox or wolf, because they're taken. Perhaps a coyote- they live solitary lives but can be in a pack.
    Hmm, it seems that everyone whom can't be placed for a Patronus, is some sort of dog. But a coyote still seems like a possibility. I'll have to keep thinking of Dean's qualities and what he would seek in a protector.

I like the ideas of Dean becoming some kind of artist. Maybe he was even employed to paint Professor Snape's portrait once Harry won his petition to have his have his portrait hung in the headmaster's office. OH! Plot bunny! MINE!

A teacher, however, does seem like a possibility. What do you think he would teacher. Maybe he petitioned t have an art class added to the Hogwarts curriculum (people have to learn how to paint portraits somewhere).

But now I have more questions to add. Do you see Dean ever getting married? To a witch or a Muggle? Do you think he would want to have a family? How many children do you think he would want? What kind of names do you think he would choose?

Brand New Story!

cirelondiel
    Do you see Dean ever getting married? To a witch or a Muggle? Do you think he would want to have a family? How many children do you think he would want? What kind of names do you think he would choose?

I can definitely see him getting married. I generally think that wizards are most likely to marry witches, simply because they are more likely to meet. However, as Dean basically grew up as a Muggleborn, he may well have quite a bit to do with the Muggle world, and could certainly meet and fall in love with a Muggle woman.

He also seems to me like the type of guy who might experience 'love at first sight'. I can imagine him seeing a woman and fancying himself in love from the beginning, so that also makes him more likely to marry a Muggle than someone who doesn't become interested in women they don't know.

That probably sounds silly.

Oh well. So, my answer is, either would be plausible.

As for children, definitely, I think he could have two or three. He definitely doesn't seem like someone who would have an aversion to children, but I can't see him wanting loads of them. I think he'd go for pretty normal names: not the bizarre sorts of names we see in pure-blood families, and not modern American-ish names. Just things like Nicole, Sam, etc. (I wrote Thomas there, and then realised that that would make the kid Thomas Thomas )

-- Chelsea

Sorenowl
    I don't see Dean teaching, only because we didn't see him specializing in anything. I feel he would say near Hogwarts, so maybe a cartoonist for the prophet and a portrait painter on the side with a shop on Hogsmede? I see Dean meeting someone right after the final battle, possibly fighting alongside them, and then falling in love. But aren't you writing a Dean/ Luna fic? Anyway, he seems like the type to have one or two kids and being an involved father, but not one to want 12 little ones running around the house.

Good Luck With your Fic!