Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Mirror of Erised

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch

Remember that there is a chance (almost nonexistent, but still), that Dumbledore did not know of the Room of Requirement. He visited it once (Chamber Pot room from GoF), but he did not look for a Horcrux there, which means he was not sure what it was or how to access it.
    Myself, I think he left it in the last chamber of SS/PS. Just makes sense to me.

_bridges_
    He may not know exactly what it is, but in GoF, Dumbledore mentions a room on the seventh floor that was filled with chamber pots. He also said that he was in dire need of a restroom. So I'm sure he know what is it is, and he certainly knows where.

MrsRuebeusHagridDursley
    Quote Originally Posted by AurorKeefy
    Is it beyond the bounds of possibility that it might be in the storage vault of the Room of Requirement? So many other things end up in there, and so few students (until OotP anyway) know about it, might Dumbledore have placed it in there? I'd have thought it was as good a place as anywhere else for it. Personally, I always imagined the Stone rooms to have temporary in nature, rather than something set in stone - no pun intended!

Gah.

But, if that was so, wouldn't Harry have seen it in there on the occasions he entered that room? (I talking about the moments in HBP when he hides his book and DH when they go to get the Horcrux.)

Also, to elaborate on what TheBlackSister said, here's a quote from DH (American edition, page 620)

Of course, Dumbledore and Flitwick, those model pupils, had never set foor in that particular place, but he, Harry, had strayed off the beaten track in his time at school-
    This implies that Dumbledore didn't know about (as Malfoy calls it) The Room of Hidden Things. He might of known about the Room of Requirement, but not, perhaps, that he could hide things in there.

But I agree about how it's probably not where it was at the end of SS/PS.

Quote Originally Posted by cmwinters
    I probably wouldn't put it in an abandoned classroom, where it can be found by anyone, because Dumbledore said the Mirror itself has its own dangers; that men have even gone mad sitting in front of it. So you wouldn't want it somewhere even vaguely insecure.
    That's all true, but why then would Dumbledore put it in an abandoned classroom in the first place? I think it's entirely plausible that it was moved to another abandoned classroom, but maybe Dumbledore gave the room more protection, like locking the door so Alohamora couldn't open it.

All in all, SlytherinTears, since no body knows what really happened to the mirror, I would think you kind of have creative license there.

Hope this helps!

~Morgan

Snape's Talon
    But, if that was so, wouldn't Harry have seen it in there on the occasions he entered that room? (I talking about the moments in HBP when he hides his book and DH when they go to get the Horcrux.)
    Perhaps need is the requirement. Did Harry need to see the room that Dumbledore hid the Mirror in?

Ryan The Wizard
    If I were writing the story, I would have it resurface, like previous people before have stated, in the Room of Requirement.

Only I would have it happen so that the OC would be looking for a mirror, and suddenly she found the Room of Requirement with a *gasp* mirror!

Why she would need a mirror? Perhaps somebody hit her face with a stinging hex, and she must check the damage, or maybe she is vain. Whatever.

You're on your own there. :P