Thread: Lily's Parents

Aurora Borealis

Lily's Parents

Was it ever mentioned in the books how Lily's parents died? I know that Mr. and Mrs. Evans both predeceased their daughter, though I can't imagine they were very old, since they had to have died by the time Lily was only 21 (sorry if that's a little unintelligible, I can't seem to phrase it correctly). Were they murdered or did they die natural deaths? Did they die at the same time? I'm just wondering how much free reign I have with this. Thanks so much if you help me out!

meryal
    There isn't anything mentioned in the Lexicon about her parents, so you can basically do anything that you want, as long as they have died.

Good luck!

megan_lupin
    To my knowledge, nothing has ever been mentioned one way or the other concerning Lily's parents, and all we know for a fact is that they died before Halloween of 1981. I've seen stories that write it both ways -- Mr and Mrs Evans being murdered by Death Eaters and whatnot, or simply passing away in their own time for whatever reasons.

So, in essence, you really have free reign with this one, as I can't remember Jo ever mentioning Harry's grandparents on his mother's side. She just said that James's parents were older and died natural deaths.

~Megan

SiriuslyMental
    It's not in the books, but JKR has said that Lily's parents died natural deaths. Muggke disease, I think.

megan_lupin
    I just searched through the Lexicon on Lily's page, and then on the page containing Jo's quotes concerning the Potters, and the only thing I can find that tells of precise deaths is that James's parents died a natural death due to a wizarding illness, but with Lily's, it's just mentioned that they died previous to Halloween of 1981.

Now, I could have missed something, of course; the Lexicon *is* a big place, after all

~Megan

Aurora Borealis
    Great! I looked through the Lexicon, too, but couldn't find anything solid, so thanks everyone. I just wanted to get it as close to canon as possible. :]

SiriuslyMental
    Might not be in the Lexicon, but she said it in an interview. I'll try and dig it up somewhere.