Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ginny Weasley

little_kitty
    I don't think that Ginny would have a huge problem meeting up with Michael Corner. To sum it up, they basically just... ditched each other, really. Their break up wasn't really traumatizing or violent or anything like that, so there's really no reason as to why Ginny would have a problem with meeting him years down the road.

To me, Ginny doesn't seem like the kind of person who would hold a really big grudge against someone over a small school romance. It really was nothing that extreme, and I think that an older Ginny can see the light and realize that Michael Corner isn't a completely horrible person. I think she would be willing to give him another chance. Maybe she'd hesitate momentarily to consider whether or not it'd be a good idea, because after all, she is meeting up with an old ex-boyfriend, but because it's so long ago and it didn't seem like a very serious relationship, I don't think she would refuse.

--Little Kitty

hogwartsduchess
    I very much doubt Ginny Weasley would hesitate to meet up with an old boyfriend if he needed her help - or anyone she knew, for that matter. She is a fair person. She would be able to admit that the relationship itself wasn't nearly as important as what is bothering him now and be able to be a friend to him.

I've said it before - Micheal Corner and Dean Thomas were merely casual relationships to get the one she wanted to notice her as a person, not his best friend's sister. I doubt she really considers him much of an ex, so there is no reason why she wouldn't be willing to help him.

Sly Severus
    I have a Ginny question. Under what circumstances do you think she would be able to forgive Lucius for the whole thing with Tom Riddle's diary? I orginally had her letting this go pretty easily, but now I'm thinking that's highly unlikely. I still think it would be easier for her to get past it than her parents, though. Oh, and do her parents even know that he did it?

Charlotte
    I just looked it up! Once Harry, including Hermione, Ron, Professor Lockhart, Ginny, get up to Dumbledore's castle to be greeted by Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Harry tells them how he got involved in the chamber of Secrets. He hesitates to mention Ginny, but then Dumbledore asks about how Ginny became enchanted and Harry tells all about the diary. I think she would have a really hard time forgiving Lucius for it, if somehow he truly apologized to her and she knew he truly felt bad, then I think she might let it go. She such a strong, opinionated character that wouldn't easily let the diary go. I don't think Molly or Arthur could ever forgive Lucius. I hope I helped!

anAnachronism
    Under what circumstances do you think she would be able to forgive Lucius for the whole thing with Tom Riddle's diary?
    Technically, when Harry confronted Mr. Malfoy about the diary, they were alone except for poor, self-abusing Dobby and Dumbledore. Ginny had already been taken to the hospital wing for a nice cup of hot cocoa.

Lucius would need to do something drastic, like save her father's life, in order for Ginny to trust him.
    I orginally had her letting this go pretty easily, but now I'm thinking that's highly unlikely.
    Very unlikely. Do you remember how violently Ginny reacted when she thought Harry was taking instructions from his Potions book in HBP? Or how she helped Harry overcome his fear of possession in OoTP? The diary-incident is branded into her memory, she is not going to forget about that. Nor do I think she'll ever write in a diary again.

Oh, and do her parents even know that he did it?
    Not unless Harry or Dumbledore told them. And considering all the indignities Mr. Malfoy has already heaped on Mr. Weasley, I think that even if Lucius saved Arthur, Mr. Weasley wouldn't trust him. He'd just suspect he'd saved them in order to call in some other favor later.

paddlerpen
    I think Ginny would have a very hard time forgining Lucius. That was a very traumatic time in her life and it was very hard for her to recover from. We know this because in Order of the Phoenix after Harry thinks he is being possessed by Lord Voldomort Ginny replys like this.

"I didn't want anyone to talk to me," said Harry, who was feeling more and more nettled.
    "Well, that was a bit stupid of you," said Ginny angerily, "seeing as you don't know anyoe but me who's been possessed by You- Know- Who, and I can tell you how it feels."
    Harry remained quite still as the impact of these words hit him. Then he wheeled around.
    "I forgot," he said.
    "Lucky you," said Ginny darkly.
    "I'm sorry," Harry said, and he meant it.

Order of the Phoenix American Version p. 499-500
    As we can see from this passage from the book Ginny still hasn't forgotten what had happened with the diary. After Ginny saying "Lucky you" I tend to think that it still bothers her alot even though it has been three years. I think that if she ran into Lucius alot later on in her life her bottled up anger about what he had done to her with the diary and that he was a death eater would show. I think that she would not be afraid to fight him. Her anger would be caused by a number of things not just because of the diary. I think that Ginny would have a very hard time forgiving Lucius if she ever could.

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Kate B

Post-Hogwarts Ginny

Hello! I have a Ginny question that's going to take some creative thinking: What sort of job do you think Ginny will have after Hogwarts? (assuming that the war is over and she survived.) I simply cannot think of a job which would suit her. Any ideas at all would be extremely helpful, especially if you could tell me why you think what you think. Thanks!

crazy_purple_hp_freak
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate B
    Hello! I have a Ginny question that's going to take some creative thinking: What sort of job do you think Ginny will have after Hogwarts? (assuming that the war is over and she survived.) I simply cannot think of a job which would suit her. Any ideas at all would be extremely helpful, especially if you could tell me why you think what you think. Thanks!
    Hi there

We know know very much about Ginny's academic strengths and weaknesses as she is not in the same year as the Trio, but nevertheless I'll give you some of my ideas.

We know that Ginny was part of the DA in book 5, and has participated in several battles; namely, the Department of Mysteries battle in OOTP and the battle at Hogwarts in HBP. We also know that her Bat Bogey hexes are said to be exceptionally good. This suggests that she seems to have an aptitude for Defence against the Dark Arts, general survival etc, which are skills that are useful for an Auror.

As similar to Harry, Ginny has also played Quidditch as Seeker (though now also as Chaser). Like Harry, this could also have generated in her some good reflex actions, suitable for Auror training. Additionally of course, her skills as a Quidditch player could also be taken on professionally, though this may be less likely as I don't think that Ginny has shown the same sort of enthusiasm for the sport as Harry as, so may consider her priorities elsewhere.

JKR has stated here that being the only Weasley girl, and a seventh child, Ginny is incredibly gifted.
    JKR: The backstory with Ginny was, she was the first girl to arrive in the Weasley family in generations, but there's that old tradition of the seventh daughter of a seventh daughter and a seventh son of a seventh son, so that's why she's the seventh, because she is a gifted witch. I think you get hints of that, because she does some pretty impressive stuff here and there, and you'll see that again.
    Although we do not know much about Ginny's skills in Herbology/Potions etc, we DO know that she appears to be a 'people' person. She is a popular girl at Hogwarts, but has also shown, through her attitude towards Luna and Neville, that she is compassionate. She goes to the ball with Neville as nobody else will, she tells people off for laughing at Luna...in other words, she befriends them. This could potentially suggest an aptitude for healing, as a Healer must care for and show compassion towards their patients.

Here is a list of Ministry occupations that we know of so far, from the Lexicon.
    From the 'intelligent' impression that we have of her I get the impression that she could probably do anything with her life. However her personality, and devotion to friends and family lead me to feel that Healing or becoming an Auror/working in magical Law could be suitable. Alternatively, through influence from her older brothers, Ginny could work abroad, enhancing some of her outdoor interests.

Hope some of this helps

EDIT: Ten points to Slytherin for an excellent post!

hogwartsduchess
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate B
    As was stated before, Ginny is a powerful witch. She's extremely talented and seems to need little help learning new spells. Sure, she doesn't catch on as quickly as Hermione, but I'd be willing to bet that her spells are a bit more powerful than the older girl's. My point in this is that someone that powerful, loyal, compassionate and courageous would do very well as a Hogwarts professor (perhaps DADA - I know, everyone wants Harry to teach that, but I just can't see it). Eventually, I think she could possibly rival Dumbledore - she and Harry are the only ones ever spoken of (besides Dumbledore, Voldemort, and Snape) as being 'powerful'...that has to bode well. I see her as a professor and eventually Headmistress of Hogwarts.

Third Year Slytherin
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    I'm sorry, Duchess, but I disagree on that matter. I think that Ginny does do well in the aspects you have mentioned, but to see her as a Hogwarts professor is very hard for me to imagine. Then again, I bet that if these books took place when Trelawney was a student I'd be saying the same thing.

As far as defense against the dark arts goes, she did battle courageously in OotP and HBP, but in OotP she ended up needing help walking, and I really doubt she would have surived The Lightning-Struck Tower if she hadn't taken the Felix potion like the others.

I find it funny that her most complimented work of magic is her Bat-Bogey hex. It's a hex that basically just annoys you to the point of no end, nowhere near lethal, but it was even Slughorn's reasoning for bringing her into the Slug Club! If that's her best stuff, then she would be great as a worker in Fred and George's joke shop in Diagon Alley, or even taking the job running the shop in Hogsmeade if they expand the business.

Just my opinion,
    - Jacie the Cat

5 points to Slytherin
    Goodbye, everyone.
    Thanks for the memories.