Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ginny Weasley

hogwartsduchess
    Yes, it's very likely Ginny suffered from a wealth of self-doubt during that period. I think a story that focuses on her internal war in the castle as a parallel to the war outside of it would make for a truly intriguing story if properly handled. Best of luck to you.

The Other Kasey

Mudblood_and_Proud_of_it
    Thanks! I just wanted to check that the doubting reaction isn't just me being angsty or something like that. I just sort of picture her sitting in an armchair near the fire in the Gryffindor common room internally battling with herself as the clock ticks on the wall. I just wanted to make sure that she'd do that. Thanks again!

sabradan
    Quote Originally Posted by hogwartsduchess
    See, I think we're a bit confused. I think, with all the feline references, that Ginny's ANIMAGUS would be a cat (which is a reflection of personality - which, by the way, NICE picking up on references that way - most people don't!), but her Patronus is more likely to be something that reflects who she considers her protectors - ie, an animal that represents either family or friends. Like Harry's, hers could be a stag (representing Harry, whose represents his father), but I doubt it, for he would have mentioned how odd it was that they had the same Patronus. I think if you want to go along the lines of Harry being her protector, you need to think about Harry's possible Animagus form. However, if you're going to go with a family member, then think about the particular family member's possible Animagus. The Animagus form is the animal you turn into that represents your inner self - the Patronus is what you feel represents your protector. The way I do it is to think of who the protector is and what their inner animal might be...I hope this helps!
    I can't remember where, but its been said that her patronus is a pheonix, which when you think about representing her protectors, it makes sense. In CS, Harry as we all know saves her, duh. But the way that they escape the chamber in the end (and that Harry survives the basilisk bite) is because of Fawkes. So perhaps to her patronus, Fawkes, and by extension, all pheonixes, remind her of that day, and by extension represent, to her, Harry and his protection.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    If the eighteen-year-old Ginny felt she was being ignored by Harry because of his job, what would her reaction be? Would she bite her tongue at first, but eventually explode, or would she explode the moment she felt neglected.

In this scenerio, Harry has also not been paying as much attention to Teddy as he used to. This may factor in with her reaction as well.

Also, how old do you think Ginny was when she first started playing professional Quidditch? Would she have tried out right out of Hogwarts, or taken a year or so to train first?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

AloraLove
    If the eighteen-year-old Ginny felt she was being ignored by Harry because of his job, what would her reaction be? Would she bite her tongue at first, but eventually explode, or would she explode the moment she felt neglected.
    Personally, I think Ginny would bite her tongue at first. As familiar with confrontation as she is, having six brothers, I don't think she would want to immediately bring up the topic. However, I also don't think this period of ignoring the problem would last very long. Ginny is very strong-willed and stubborn, so she wouldn't tolerate Harry ignoring her for very long. Especially since she waited to so long to be with him in the first place. It all depends on how long Harry has been ignoring her and to what extent.

In this scenerio, Harry has also not been paying as much attention to Teddy as he used to. This may factor in with her reaction as well.
    This I think will be one of the most important factors in her reaction. Growing up in a large family environment, I don't think Ginny would be very understanding about child neglect. In Harry's case, she might give a little slack, taking in consideration his childhood. However, I don't think Ginny would tolerate the neglect of Teddy. His mother, Tonks, was good friends with Ginny while they were at Grimmauld Place, so Teddy would probably hold a special place in Ginny's heart.

Also, how old do you think Ginny was when she first started playing professional Quidditch? Would she have tried out right out of Hogwarts, or taken a year or so to train first?
    It depends on what her situation with Harry and/or whoever she's with. If she's with someone, I can see her taking a year off after graduation to just be with that person. However, I can also see her wanting to get out of her parents' house. If she wasn't with anyone, she might try out right after graduation.

Hope that helps!

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    Ginny bit her tongue for, like, four years. I think she's gotten used to waiting on Harry. (Not one of her more admirable qualities -- or his.) But eventually she would say something, especially if they are supposed to be in a relationship now.

WickedLovely
    I agree -- she would bite her tongue, possibly for a long time. The explosion might be interesting . . .

wildchild
    When is Ginnys birthday?

50characterSalazar50characterSalazar.

EDIT: Thanks.

padfoot_returns
    Quote Originally Posted by wildchild
    When is Ginnys birthday?
    August 11, 1981

xxRiham

harryginny4eva61
    I was just wondering, how would Ginny react at Fred's funeral? Would she wrap herself up in her grief, and let Harry comfort her, or would she be noble and try to comfort everyone else? Then, if it was the latter, because she didn't let it out, would she still cry at night month's later?