Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ginny Weasley

leahsm2
    I always have a problem with Ginny not honoring Snape because she knows he's a member of the Order and she lost two uncles to the cause in the first conflict. Plus, we never see her in potions class, and we know for sure that she is neither a slacker, like Ron and Harry, nor a know-it-all like Hermione. So I may have missed it, but I don't see canon proof that Ginny had a Snape dilemma.

hogwartsduchess
    Quote Originally Posted by leahsm2
    I always have a problem with Ginny not honoring Snape because she knows he's a member of the Order and she lost two uncles to the cause in the first conflict. Plus, we never see her in potions class, and we know for sure that she is neither a slacker, like Ron and Harry, nor a know-it-all like Hermione. So I may have missed it, but I don't see canon proof that Ginny had a Snape dilemma.
    You're right on many counts, but there is the simple fact that Snape was a jerk to ALL Gryffindors, not just Harry, Ron and Hermione. Look how he treated Neville. Even the other Weasleys must have suffered from his verbal abuse, given that before their first class Ron said something to Harry about Snape favouring his own students. I find it highly unlikely that Ginny was spared in it. And while Harry might have had more reason than anyone to dislike him, and even more reason to forgive him (which leads to other thoughts of mine, none of which are on the topic of Ginny), we cannot judge every character by Harry's standards.

Ginny was at Hogwarts, unlike Ron, Harry, Hermione and the reader, during Snape's reign as Headmaster, and it is very likely that anything she was unhappy with during that time was, in her mind, his fault.

So, while, no, I do not see her raising too much fuss at the name Albus Severus (though I'm sure she would have liked to honor one of her own dead relatives in her son's name *cough* Fred), I don't see her as being so completely forgiving as Harry. In the end, however, I think it comes more down to the fanfic author's interpretation of Snape. How you view a certain character affects how you write other characters interacting with them/responding to their character and there is much room for interpretation on the Ginny/Severus dynamic.

On the whole, I don't see why a fanfic author couldn't write it either way.

go go ravenclaw
    Quote Originally Posted by leahsm2
    Well, actually, in DH, when Snape was Headmaster, he punished Ginny, Neville and Luna and a bunch of other people didn't he? He sent them into the Forest. Well, I guess that means that he wasn't over-nice to Ginny, too. But I think Ginny would let Harry keep whichever name he wanted to, because, heck, the man (Severus) had done all he could to save Harry's parents. I think Harry understood this and I think Ginny would have agreed with him for this decision. *shrugs* He (Severus) was meaner to Harry than Ginny, anyways; I think he was as mean to the other Gryffindors as he was to Ginny: Ron was singled out, like Harry, because he was Harry's best friend. Ginny was different, though.

I think she would respect Harry enough to honor his wishes, particularly for a middle name, which no one was going to use, anyways.

Amber0_o
    Well, actually, in DH, when Snape was Headmaster, he punished Ginny, Neville and Luna and a bunch of other people didn't he? He sent them into the Forest. Well, I guess that means that he wasn't over-nice to Ginny, too. But I think Ginny would let Harry keep whichever name he wanted to, because, heck, the man (Severus) had done all he could to save Harry's parents. I think Harry understood this and I think Ginny would have agreed with him for this decision. *shrugs* He (Severus) was meaner to Harry than Ginny, anyways; I think he was as mean to the other Gryffindors as he was to Ginny: Ron was singled out, like Harry, because he was Harry's best friend. Ginny was different, though.

Actually, Severus caught Ginny, Neville, and Luna all trying to break into his office and steal the sword. But, instead of sending them to the Carrows to be tortured, he made sure to send them into the forest with Hagrid. A bit of a light punishment, if you ask me. McGonagall sent Harry, Neville, and Draco into the forest as first years. If a first year can take it, I'm sure that sixth years would suffice just fine.

The Traveling Thespian Troupe!

First Year Gryffindor
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives

I have a Ginny question!

I have a story (or, well, looooong poem ) that is DH disregarded. Ginny isn't allowed to go to school in her sixth year, because her parents are paranoid what with Voldy lurking around and everything. Ginny is very lonely, because she is all alone at home with her parents. One day she meets Draco Malfoy outside the Burrow. It takes a few weeks but eventually he talks to her and eventually they become friends, later lovers. Also, in my story Ron died recently. Ginny blames Harry, so she is also feeling a lot of resentment towards her family and friends for supporting Harry.

Is it possible Ginny behaviour for her to strike up a friendship with Draco out of boredom, grief, anger towards her family and extreme lonliness?

I would just like some opinions here.
    You'll love it.

Banner and avatar by me

dancing_in_moon_pools

To GemmaHawk

Possible, it entirely depends on how Draco acts.
    Would he be arrogant? Sad? Scared? Angry?
    Also, why is he there?
    Was Ginny ever with Harry?
    Anyways I think she is definitely the type to befriend anyone, out of anger, misery,grief, whatever-you name it. She's sort of a rebel-and that would be rebelling against her parent's.
    Hope I could help-great plot!

saizine
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemma Hawk
    I have a story (or, well, looooong poem) that is DH disregarded. Ginny isn't allowed to go to school in her sixth year, because her parents are paranoid what with Voldy lurking around and everything. Ginny is very lonely, because she is all alone at home with her parents. One day she meets Draco Malfoy outside the Burrow. It takes a few weeks but eventually he talks to her and eventually they become friends, later lovers. Also, in my story Ron died recently. Ginny blames Harry, so she is also feeling a lot of resentment towards her family and friends for supporting Harry.

Is it possible Ginny behaviour for her to strike up a friendship with Draco out of boredom, grief, anger towards her family and extreme lonliness?
    First of all, can I say that this sounds like it is disregarding more than DH; I'm inclined to suggest saying that it's AU, but I'm not completely sure if such changes such as Ron's death post-HBP would be considered AU - the only AU stories that I have read recently have changed more than one detail and have things changed all the way from the beginning of the series and even earlier. As for the characterization of Ginny, I mostly agree with what dancing_in_moon_pools said: "(...) she is the type to be friends with almost anyone."

If the entire reason that she goes out to talk to Malfoy (why is he hovering outside the Burrow, again? That seems more OOC than anything else, lol) is that she is just so bored, lonely, and so angry with her parents for keeping her away from her friends and school, then I can see her going to talk to Malfoy just out of desperation or because she wants to spite her parents. Well, maybe not spite, but maybe to let them know exactly how much she misses Hogwarts and her schoolmates (she's so desperate for some sort of contact from her home away from home that she's willing to talk and befriend one of the people that she hates most).

However, I also see her a little too proud to do something that she could view as demeaning. I think if she was to go out and strike up a conversation, then she would either have to be provoked (maybe he was messing with the gnomes in their garden? I don't know... but that is a strange image), he would have to be trying to get her attention, or she would have to be just *that desperate* to see someone, anyone, from school.

Something that I would address though (and I'm sorry if this is too OT for this, but I thought that it was a point to bring up) is the fact that her parents didn't allow her to go to Hogwarts for her sixth year. I just don't think that Molly or Arthur would not allow their daughter to be able to defend herself (and they both know that Hogwarts is the safest place for her to be - safer than The Burrow, anyway). And I just don't see them as that overly paranoid (maybe to the point of sending her letters everyday or every other day and expecting her to reply promptly, but no farther than that, personally).

I hope this helped!

xoxo Lessie

hogwartsduchess
    I think she is more likely to befriend Draco out of compassion and sympathy than anger. Why is Draco there, how he acts and what he's been through will probably play a much larger role in her becoming his friend than anger/frustration/loneliness. It's very hard to forgive someone for six years of hatred just out of spite towards friends/family. Much easier to believe if she does so out of compassion.

Mudblood_and_Proud_of_it
    You have to remember that Ginny is raised to pretty much hate the Malfoys because they have always treated her family with disrespect because of their lack of money. No matter how lonely Ginny was feeling, she has a good head on her shoulders, and warning bells would probably be going off in her head not to trust him if he's been so mean in the past and his family supports the very cause she and her parents are fighting against. However, if Draco comes across as a rather lost boy who doesn't really believe in either cause, then Ginny might befriend him out of compassion.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills

I agree with Mudblood_and_proud_of_it. Ginny's already been raised with a hatred of the Malfoy family and everything they stood for, not to mention that her family fights for the Order, while the Malfoys fight for Voldemort.

Malfoy hasn't been exactly the kindest to her in school, teasing her about her family, and generally being a bit of a bully. That would also make her very set against him too.

And then there's the personal grudge she most likely still holds toward the Malfoy family for their part in traumatizing her her first year. They were the ones who gave her the diary, with the specific intention to cause her pain. The Chamber probably took her a long time to get over.

You already have Ginny a bit OOC, because it's highly unlikely that Ginny would blame Harry for Ron's death. As we see in the 6th book, she's mad at him a bit for being noble, and Harry's probably beating himself up about Ron's death enough that they wouldn't be fighting over that, unless Ginny lashed out in grief and that hurt Harry too much for him to forgive her.

I think that it would be quite OOC for a friendship and a relationship to develope between Malfoy and Ginny under the circumstances you described.

Kate of The Gauntlet Pair!
    IB + Senior Year = Hiatus...again
    Kate...iPoem!...iWrite!...iBanner!...Dumbledore's Navy!
    Avvie and banner by me! Please request!