Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ginny Weasley

Periwinkle
    Firstly, I'm a bit doubtful that the Order would give such a young person such a brutal task. If they must kill someone, then they would leave it to the adults, not the young people.
    If you insist, then Ginny would say no. She's not a killer, no matter how horrible the person is. Ginny wouldn't be able to kill a person and she knows that. She would be shocked and surprised at the assignment, and would definately not accept it.

This is the most likely scenario of what would happen, I'm sorry that it goes against your wishes.

potterfan226
    I agree with Periwinkle. I think no matter who Ginny was assigned to kill or anything, she [probably] would definately say no. Even if she despised the person to huge lengths, she's just not that type of person really, to accept the job. And I highly doubt Molly and Arthur would let the Order assign her such a big task which would greatly put her in danger.

Okay I have a Ginny question:

This idea has beenbrewing around in my head for a while, and I would like to know if it seems OOC of Ginny to do this.

It would be a Post-Hogwarts fic (like a year or two Ginny is out of school), she is dating Harry, the war is over, and everything, but Harry's going to be away for a few years (2 1/2 - 3 at the most), because of Quidditch, and Ginny knows she isn't going to be able to see him for a few years, because he's away at some Quidditch camp or something (yet to be decided).

So, do you think Ginny is the type of person who would break it off with Harry, so she could, you know, explore life and try and find who she 'apparantly is', and like date other people, you think? I think this thread has already established (I haven't read the whole thing, just skimmed) that Ginny isn't the type of person who would wait around for someone, like Harry, and pining over him, thinking of him day and night, depressed, when he's out, sort of having fun. It would make more sense of her to just try and live life, doing usual things like dating, having fun, hanging out, and not worrying about Harry 24/7. You could call it, trying to 'find herself', and who she is, without Harry in her life. Make sense?

It sounds better in my head, but I can't seem to type it.

5 points to Slytherin

Periwinkle
    It does make sense, and I don't think it'd be OOC. She would still love him but she would gently break off the relationship after a while. Long distance relationships seldom work, and both of them would realize that. I can imagine Harry to be quite understanding of the whole situation, if not agreeing.

When Ginny does tell him, she'd say it more along the lines off 'taking a little break, until you come back' and not ending the relationship permanently. While Harry is gone, she'd live life, be her normal self and maybe date one or two people. Hope that answers you question, good luck!

Starmaiden
    It would be a Post-Hogwarts fic (like a year or two Ginny is out of school), she is dating Harry, the war is over, and everything, but Harry's going to be away for a few years (2 1/2 - 3 at the most), because of Quidditch, and Ginny knows she isn't going to be able to see him for a few years, because he's away at some Quidditch camp or something (yet to be decided).

So, do you think Ginny is the type of person who would break it off with Harry, so she could, you know, explore life and try and find who she 'apparantly is', and like date other people, you think?
    It depends on how solid her relationship w/ Harry is, and Harry's wishes. Does Harry want to marry her, or are they in a place where they might commit permanently to each other? If so, then no. Ginny waited five years for Harry, if he says he's coming back and she'll always have him, then she'll wait till the end of time.

See, if they were casually dating -- like Ginny dated Dean and Michael and so on -- then yeah, I see Ginny exploring other options. But she's liked, maybe loved him, for a long time. And the way they were in HBP, it seemed like they really were on their way to love. So why would Ginny, who really wants Harry above any other man, play around for a couple of years?

I have to say that I find the idea of a two-year, completely isolated Quidditch camp a bit hard to swallow. Maybe you could have a strict training regime in which they only get a day off a month or something? But I think even that's pushing it.

So Harry is entirely away from all his friends? If he isn't, then maybe he might suggest they both date other people (assuming there are girls around where he is), but I think that's a bit off -- Harry seemed to want Ginny alone in HBP.
    I think this thread has already established (I haven't read the whole thing, just skimmed) that Ginny isn't the type of person who would wait around for someone, like Harry, and pining over him, thinking of him day and night, depressed, when he's out, sort of having fun. It would make more sense of her to just try and live life, doing usual things like dating, having fun, hanging out, and not worrying about Harry 24/7. You could call it, trying to 'find herself', and who she is, without Harry in her life. Make sense?
    Of course you don't want her to mope. I see Ginny using such a time to just live life normally, working, finding her place in the adult world, and writing Harry often. Women do it when their men go to war; couples do it when they live in different cities. Why can't Ginny and Harry?

5 points to Ravenclaw

Mistletoe
    I think of Ginny as a free spirit. Rather, that she would want to explore life. I think she wouldn't want to sit about waiting for dear ol' Harry to come back. She'd get bored with it, I think.

She's go out and explore life, find herself and whatnot. I can't see her wanting to be tied down for 3ish years. Rather boring wouldn't it be? Her love for Harry is rather deep, I think, but him not being present for 3 years = boredom. I can see his return being a rather large, er, love fest. If you will. And awkward at that, too.

AstroFire
    Good thing I came across this post!

Okay, I have a question for you all or not really a question, but a situation.

I'm writing a one-shot (although it's rapidly growing Agh, it won't beat me! I can still tame it! I haven't lost control, yet! [/random crazy chapter]) Anyway, the story kicks off after Harry breaks up with her in book 6.

Now, I've read the past comments about people saying that she wouldn't feel too sad (with that I mean devastated). However, I wrote her being thoroughly depressed. Maybe my writing style influences it a lot (duh, obviously) because I love to write Romangst, but even then, I think it is highly probable that she was devastated.

Yes, we know she held together very well when Harry told her they had to break up (one of my favourite scenes if you ask me ). However, I think it is probable that she broke down afterwards. I mean, she's had an infatuation for him since she was eleven. She never gave up even after 5 years!

So, when Harry brakes up with her in Book 6, maybe she was being strong for the greater cause. She would probably feel bad of burdening Harry with more guilt if she had shown her real sadness.

I know Ginny is very strong. I agree with that. But she is still a girl. She has gone through far too many things for her age, and yet, she still has to endure with her heart problems. I somehow know how it is to be in her situation, putting up a strong facade in order to hide the real tempest. It is not easy, and I think she probably did it through 5 years! That's why, in my opinion, she could have been really devastated, and I mean really devastated. She also has heartaches, no matter how strong she can be, because even the strongest people have their weaknesses.

Now, I know that many people will disagree with me, but heh, I'll be pleased to hear everyone's opinion

~AstroFire

5 points to Slytherin

lasweetie
    AstroFire, I do agree that she would be devestated after Harry broke it off. I wanted to know if she was SO depressed she would consider killing herself, or just depressed that she won't talk, eat, but she wouldn't kill herself? If you are writing the former, you might want to tone it down, because Ginny wouldn't do that! She night be devestated enough not to eat or sleep though. That's just my opinion!

Lovems,
    Lasweetie

AstroFire
    Oh, hahah, no, no. Doing that would be a little bit of an angst cliché.

But I agree with you. I don't think she would commit suicide either. No. Ginny Weasley would keep fighting, or... something else Also, I don't think she would stop eating and talking, because... well, I just don't picture her doing that. In my opinion, devastated would be really, really crying. And for this I don't mean every day of every month and year. No, I mean that she would really cry when she had the chance to be alone and comfortable to let the facade fall down.

~AstroFire

hogwartsduchess
    In answer to many of the posts about Ginny. One of the things that has made it exceptionally easy to write Ginny is understanding how she thinks - or would think, if she wasn't a character in a book, that is. There are some who consider themselves Snape Experts, some Draco Experts - I've always considered myself a bit of a Ginny Expert.

Was Ginny devastated when Harry broke it off - absolutely. But she isn't the type of girl to show that to the world. Maybe she sobs a bit in her bedroom when no one is looking or listening, but to the world, and Harry, she appears strong, proud and above such dramatics. Is it likely that she would run off and go snog anyone else immediately afterwards? Not really. Something that gets overlooked quite often is that while she did date other boys, it was more to make Harry take notice than from any real desire to date around. I'm sure she liked the other boys, but she said herself that she never really gave up on Harry. She wanted him more than those others. So while she might eventually find another boyfriend, someone to have fun with and snog and whatnot, it is highly unlikely, that after years of being in love with the same boy, she would fall in love with anyone else.

Ginny is an incredibly powerful, extremely independent witch. Rather than try to hang on her brothers' coattails upon entering Hogwarts, she made concious efforts to find her own friends. True, she made a bad choice in Tom Riddle (which is another topic all together, might I add), but she made friends. Harry realized himself at the beginning of HBP that he, Ron and Hermione don't hang around with Ginny at school. It is only during holidays that they are all really close. During school terms, Ginny is with her own friends - a fact many writers tend to overlook.

While Hermione is fairly easy to persuade - she's likely to be influenced by the boys to go along with whatever they are planning, even if she opposes it, Ginny is not. She is far to independent and strong a female to go along with any hair-brained idea Ron and Harry cook up. She's got a very dry sense of humour that makes it seem as though she's a bit stuck-up. The best example of that I can think of at the moment is her comment to Harry that she thought someone should call Ron a prat and he seemed to be too busy to do it. While it might seem to some that she was being snappish and rude, she was just making a joke in her own way.

I'm going to end this random Ginnyrant now. Hope I helped a bit.

5 points to Gryffindor

lily_16_evans
    I feel a bit foolish writing after that, you really are the Ginny Expert, I opt to give you that title!

I was thinking more generally about what happened to Ginny. She's 15 yeards old and has had a crush on Harry since she was eleven, before she even met him in fact. Then, finally she gets a hold of him, and he's loving her back. Unfortunatley, he then decides he needs to break it off with her, not because he's stopped loving her, but because he needs to do some "unfinshed business". So I think it would be quite obvious that she would be devistated.

On top of this though, her Headmaster had just died, which in itself is over whelming. So being overwhelmed with grief, probably expecting comfort from her boyfriend, and then having him leave her to add to her devistation of the day. I don't pretend to come close to the Ginny expert but if you think about it in a reality sort of way it only makes sense that she would be overly upset.

Just my two sense (maybe three )

5 points to Slytherin