Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Middle names

Lobena Bricatta

Middle names

What is James Potter's middle name? Or does he have one? If not any suggestions for a middle name?

Continuous circular motion is only a problem when your body gets tired

Lobena Bricatta

SlytherinTears
    Well, even though 'James' seems like a normal name, he came from a wealthy Pureblood family, so maybe something of Roman or Latin origin could work.

Lobena Bricatta

*cupcakes for helping*

*pick Slytherin's brain*

Any suggestions?

I have looked up a few but haven't been able to find any good ones

Octagon... it is simply stepping out of the way... How could such a simple practice take so many years to learn?
    Lobena Bricatta

I_LUV_MOONY
    *rubs hands together eagerly* Time to get to work!

-Augustus- Latin for 'great'
    -Faustus- Latin for 'lucky'
    -Curtis- Latin for 'courteous' (they hoped he would end up like this)
    -Korbin- Latin for 'raven'
    -Marius- Latin for 'warlike'
    -Maximus- Latin for 'the greatest'
    -Salus- Latin for 'healthy'
    -Vincent- Latin for 'victorious'

I hope I've helped! Here's the link to that page if you don't like those: Latin boy names

Dark_Lady_Z
    I'm mad that JKR didn't put the middle names on their grave stones *sigh* Well, I guess she wanted us to use our imagination with that. Kind of like letting the fan fictioners fill up the gap from the last chapter and the Epilogue of book seven. anyway i suggest something with a J.

John
    Jonathan
    Jordan
    Jason

Stubbornly_appeared

Middle name game!

Here's a thought: where did they get Harry? Maybe it was a family name somewhere, or it ould be James's middle name. Read it in a fanfic somewhere....

SlytherinTears
    James Harry Potter.
    Harry James Potter.

Hehehe.
    I wonder if Harry named

DH SPOILERS

James,
    James Harry Potter?
    Blehk, they need to jump out of the name bandwagon...

End of spoilers

nikkiolapotter
    I'd find it quite hilarious if James had a very "uncommon" middle name. Like, did anyone watch CatDog? There was that one dog who had a very tough name, when it turns out his real name was like, really "geeky".

But then again, this is coming from someone who's parents made up her middle name...

MrsRuebeusHagridDursley
    Just to put a spin on things, what if James didn't have a middle name? Since we've never seen a canon middle name, it wouldn't be defying canon to not give him one.

Dark_Lady_Z brought up how there was nothing on his gravestone. Usually people's whole name are printed on their gravestone. So if it's really stressing you out, don't give hime one! Or you could give him just a letter. Like me. My middle name is just one letter (an initial).

Hope this helps!

~Morgan

twirlergirl583
    I like Augustas and Maximus. They both mean great and the greatest...so maybe that semi-explains James' ego. hehe.

Once you've picked a middle name, read the name out loud and listen to see if it sounds good/right to you.